UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [gilgamash] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

Great, thanks for the test. In this case I will change the code this eve!
I sorta misunderstood this :)

Greets,
G.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

Here we go, 2nd try.

Attachments

• Paralyze.diff
    755 bytes · Views: 12

Buiu

Knight
Re: [TESTING-TC] [gilgamash] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

i think there s nothing to change... soon we ll see every warrior dead with evil omen + paralize.
lets not nerf the pvp.

Copern

Sorceror

Buiu;693969 said:
i think there s nothing to change... soon we ll see every warrior dead with evil omen + paralize.
lets not nerf the pvp.

TESTING said:
No nerf/anti-nerf sentiments allowed!
*cough*

Hilde

Page

Tested on the TC.

Paralyze interrupts the Holy Light spell and makes it fizzle. The target is paralyzed. The caster of Paralyze didn't get any message about the target already being frozen.

Tested with 0 Resisting Spells and no FC so it was easy to time the two spells. Of course, with FC4 it is harder to make Holy Light fizzle but the target is still paralyzed.

williamcr8k

Sorceror

On OSI if your casting a spell and hit with para....it dispels the spell if its dispellable..cancelling the cast freeze and overriding it with para freeze...there needs to be diferenciating types of "frozen" in the code......one a beneficial freeze (the casting of spells) and one a harmfull freeze (being casted on)

as far as holy light.... on OSI holy light does not freeze or imobilize, so having para cast on you while casting holy light dont matter....you just get para'd and the holy light goes off as normal...providing the holy light was cast before the para hit

gilgamash

Knight

Hoi,

thanks for your help!

1) That would mean I need to know WHICH spells are dispellable?
2) And what is 'para freeze' -- I guess you mean paralized? Or paralyzed AND frozen?

I'd need help about those information then, esp. considering 1.

G.

williamcr8k

Sorceror

as in 2 types of being frozen...one by paralyze...and one by activly casting a spell

holy light to my knowledge is the only spell that is not interupted by taking dmg, there might be others, I'm just not aware of any (concerning mage and pally and necro mind you) sammys and ninjys might enjoy such benefits as well

the other thing youd need to consider is the fact that no spells get interupted with protection cast

gilgamash

Knight

Greetings,

as for "no interruption by damage" : I will check how this is on demise atm, but I think holy light is not interrupted by that. However, this thread is about the PARALYZE spell and not about Holy Light!

The remaining thing I will check out tomorrow.

Thanks for ur help,
G.

gilgamash

Knight

k, checked things. Holy light does not freeze here either as it is a Paladin spell. In code, there are differences between being paralyzed and frozen, but the message players get is basically only the 'you are frozen' one.

So everything for this patch seems like ready and I did not have problems when testing it.

G.

Sephy;704767 said:
so, ready? :)

nope, because someone else rather than the coder (gilgamash) must test it.

You could go in the TC, try it and write a report... what about? :)

Sephy;704862 said:
I did. No problems found.

since you are "new" in this (and I thank you for your interest!), it would be good if you can write down a complete report, explaining where did you test it (DemiseTC, RunUO private distro...), what have you done, and what you got, step by step.
This because you could have "skipped" something someone else wants to test. Just a "no problems found" is not really useful...

Please don't take it personal, it's just a part of the "protocol" that is needed to grant some code quality... this code is not only for Demise, it's for all shards and its quality should be guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.