UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] [gilgamash] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SVN] [gilgamash] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

Type: Possible Broken Feature

Basic Description: If someone is casting holy light, you can not cast the paralyze spell on them, it will return the value "That target is already frozen" when indeed they are not frozen, as they are just running around casting.

Way to experience: Spam holy light, and try to evil omen + paralyze or just paralyze them if they have no resists, and you will get the message.

Detailed Description: I'm not entirely sure if this is supposed to act this way or not, I just thought it was odd you get a message that says that, when the target isn't frozen at all. Are you supposed to get a different message, or is it supposed to work regardless?

Links: None - Only way to test this is to get a couple people doing it on OSI.

Code: None

Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

ParagonDancer;590697 said:
The paralyze spell does not work on those people casting the spell "Holy Light" returning the message "This target is already frozen."

Holy Light does not freeze you, you can run all over the place and cast/spam it, so is paralyze supposed to work even though they are casting it, or is it supposed to return a different message?

Is it that big of a deal? I don't recall any difference on OSI, but i could be wrong.

Caine & Abel;590698 said:
Is it that big of a deal? I don't recall any difference on OSI, but i could be wrong.

Yes, it is a big deal for some of us pvp'ers.

Digatalas

Knight

Caine & Abel;590698 said:

It's vital for a mage trying to para a dexxer to heal themselves or for any other reason. A 4/6 dexxer with a high mana pool can spam specials and HL all day long while running.. a mage can barely heal sometimes.

And when casting paralyze can you cast it on anything that is casting a spell? Or does it let you on everything but HL?

psz

Administrator

Please use the form mentioned in the sticky for entering new bugs.

Athena

Account Terminated

I've just tested this out on OSI and you CAN paralize someone that is spamming holy light so this needs fixing!

Re: [CODER NEEDED] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

what u guys keep forgetting is that para isnt an issue on osi. 90% of the people carry dart boxes and all para means is they take 8 damage. The dart box has been considered a feature and not a bug on osi for the last 5 years. and u guys are bring up an issue like this.

so guess u might as well get those boxes working too since its a feature of osi. Then u will hear everyone complaining.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

prohunter33;685162 said:
what u guys keep forgetting is that para isnt an issue on osi. 90% of the people carry dart boxes and all para means is they take 8 damage. The dart box has been considered a feature and not a bug on osi for the last 5 years. and u guys are bring up an issue like this.

so guess u might as well get those boxes working too since its a feature of osi. Then u will hear everyone complaining.

If that's the way it is on OSI then post a bug report about it. All I know is that ALL chivalry spells can be interupted, I tested all of them.

gilgamash

Knight
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Paralyze Ineffective when casting Holy Light

Salvete,

I just had a quick glance at 'Paralyze.cs' and I think the problem extends to not just the 'Holy Light'-Situation. Basically, I understand the bold line section within the following line of paralyze.cs

Code:
...if ( Core.AOS && (m.Frozen || m.Paralyzed || [B](m.Spell != null && m.Spell.IsCasting)[/B]) )

such, that whenever the target (m is the Target Mobile in this context!) is casting a spell when being 'hit' by the paralyze spell (or all in all whenever a
spell sets the m.Spell pointer to something unequal zero and also sets the m.Spell.IsCasting flag to true) the caster will get the message, that the target already is frozen and nothing will happen.

As I am at work for the next 9 to 10 hours: Does someone have some spare time to test, whether this effect really is restricted to Holy Light?

Thanks,
G.

This was always the way, if someone is in the middle of casting a spell they are "paralysed" so to speak so it returns message of target is already paralysed if i remember correctly. So it applies to all spells casting. I will check OSI today to confirm this.

Seer Athena;685044 said:
I've just tested this out on OSI and you CAN paralize someone that is spamming holy light so this needs fixing!

'spamming holy light' is it with a char with say fc4? because chances are the paralyse is hitting at a time the target is casting ( frozen)

Athena

Account Terminated

Gilly;686502 said:
This was always the way, if someone is in the middle of casting a spell they are "paralysed" so to speak so it returns message of target is already paralysed if i remember correctly. So it applies to all spells casting. I will check OSI today to confirm this.

'spamming holy light' is it with a char with say fc4? because chances are the paralyse is hitting at a time the target is casting ( frozen)

It was tested with no FC/FCR as well as max FC/FCR, chivalry spells can be interupted with paralize, I haven't tested them all yet but Noble Sacrifice (a slow casting spell) and holy light are definately interupted.

gilgamash

Knight

K, that is what I guessed. Patch will follow after work (in about 12 hours maybe :)) or tomorrow.

G.

Edit: well, more like 12 days now...

gilgamash

Knight

Let us try whether commenting out the additional clause (preventing one from paralyzing mobiles with active spells) helps and does not cause new problems.

And especially for New Deity no G. following...

Attachments

• Paralyze.diff
    549 bytes · Views: 6

Xavier

Account Terminated

Other spells still need to not be interruptable, too, gilgamash. try checking for !( m.Spell is PaladinSpell).

gilgamash

Knight

Hi Xavier, thanks for the info.

I will see what I figure out concerning non-padalin spells. However, colored bod chances patch will rank first, so that
is my upcoming WEs job! :)

G.

gilgamash

Knight

Hi Xavier,

I checked again after your comment and I think you are wrong:

SamuraiSpell, PaladinSpell and MagerSpell, NecromancerSpell and NinjaSpell are all derived from Spell.cs, and within this file's method case(), the following two lines appear if all preliminaries are met:

Code:
	m_State = SpellState.Casting;
	m_Caster.Spell = this;

However, maybe we need an additional call to 'Disturb()' in the Target()-method of Paralyze.cs, but I don't think so.

Athena

Account Terminated

The changes only affect chivalry spells, from what I see, your changes make it affect all spells.

gilgamash

Knight

Seer Athena;690558 said:
The changes only affect chivalry spells, from what I see, your changes make it affect all spells.

According to the post of Gilly (first on this page) I THOUGHT it should affect all spells... Let me know if I am wrong!

G.

Athena

Account Terminated

gilgamash;690560 said:
According to the post of Gilly (first on this page) I THOUGHT it should affect all spells... Let me know if I am wrong!

G.

It only affects chivalry, I checked magery etc when on OSI and you cannot interupt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.