UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 670] Giant Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica

Knight
[TESTING] Giant Beetle

Behavior on Demise: Hit Giant Beetle and Run on mount there slow.

Behavior on OSI: Hit Giant Beetle and Run on mount there very fast can be right on you.

Supporting Documentation (URLs): I Verify this on Osi on my 10 year account.

Changes needed: Make them run on you once you hit them they need fast speed once you hit them.

Code (optional):

Re: [CODER NEEDED]Giant Beetle

MalGanis;610773 said:
Here it is.

wow, nice method to see if a beetle is hit by magic!

2 questions:

1- watch out in Paralyze.cs, I suspect you slipped some code of the plague beast lord in.

2- What about those spells like magic arrow, fireball... ? Shouldn't them also be considered as "harmful spells"?

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING]Giant Beetle

1. Oops, too much stuff in my test server lol.

2. They are, theres just no need in changing all damaging spells (thank god :))

Attachments

• Beetle.patch
    11.2 KB · Views: 6

MalGanis

Sorceror

Found out that beetle is too fast even if you adjust speeds in script. Thats because speeds are overriden in SpeedInfo class.

Attachments

• Beetle.patch
    12.6 KB · Views: 22

Athena

Account Terminated

I get errors when trying to compile this one:

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3529.30552
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Mobiles/Animals/Mounts/Beetle.cs:
CS0115: Line 95: 'Server.Mobiles.Beetle.OnHarmfulSpell(Server.Mobile)': no suitable method found to override

Setting back to in development

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Giant Beetle

Forgot to merge BaseCreature.

Attachments

• Beetle.patch
    11.6 KB · Views: 6

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] Giant Beetle

No problem, the gate was put there before I attempted to apply the patch, I've kept the gate there because the changes to the pool of acid needs checking out on the Solens through that gate and acid slime need to be checked out on the Kappas.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING-TC] Giant Beetle

I've just tested this on the TC, the beetle seems a little too slow. I can outrun it quite easily when running on a mount. I don't have OSI access right now so I can't compare it. It would be good if someone who has OSI access can compare the speed between OSI and the demise test center.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

SRC Athena;621745 said:
I've just tested this on the TC, the beetle seems a little too slow. I can outrun it quite easily when running on a mount. I don't have OSI access right now so I can't compare it. It would be good if someone who has OSI access can compare the speed between OSI and the demise test center.

On OSI standing max amount of tiles away to cast a spell on a giant blue beetle will still not let you out run it even mounted it will catch up to you.It is even faster than OSI paragon speed which if you are mounted you can out run.

Athena

Account Terminated

It's definately too slow then, I'll set this back to in development.

Erica

Knight
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT-TC] Giant Beetle

I can verify this from osi account what I.P.Knightly says and hes correct they are very very very fast if you hit it casting. Very hard to out run it.

Erica

Knight

Still not working right still needs more adjusting cast fireball and its not fast . Sometimes tho if you cast poison is fast but that is sometimes so it still needs fixing getting close tho.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Erica;622724 said:
Still not working right still needs more adjusting cast fireball and its not fast . Sometimes tho if you cast poison is fast but that is sometimes so it still needs fixing getting close tho.

Erica do you remember when the paragons first came out on OSI? If you do that is the speed of the untamed beetle.
After taming the beetle's speed falls in line with the other pets ( except for the greater dragon )

Erica

Knight

I.P.Knightly;622937 said:
Erica do you remember when the paragons first came out on OSI? If you do that is the speed of the untamed beetle.
After taming the beetle's speed falls in line with the other pets ( except for the greater dragon )

Yes i remember as for your question on the speed when is untamed i'll have to look into that. Good catch about this will test that too.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Giant Beetle

Set this back to in development until the speed of the beetle has been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.