UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 655] Treasure Map Chest Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWereWolf

Traveler
[READY] Treasure Map Chest Loot

According to this code you can never get 100% intensity on an item property.
Max intensity seems to be 20-70%.
That sounds wrong.

TreasureMapChest.cs
Code:
private static void GetRandomAOSStats( out int attributeCount, out int min, out int max )
  {
   int rnd = Utility.Random( 15 );
   if ( rnd < 1 )
   {
    attributeCount = Utility.RandomMinMax( 2, 6 );
    min = 20; max = 70;
   }
   else if ( rnd < 3 )
   {
    attributeCount = Utility.RandomMinMax( 2, 4 );
    min = 20; max = 50;
   }
   else if ( rnd < 6 )
   {
    attributeCount = Utility.RandomMinMax( 2, 3 );
    min = 20; max = 40;
   }
   else if ( rnd < 10 )
   {
    attributeCount = Utility.RandomMinMax( 1, 2 );
    min = 10; max = 30;
   }
   else
   {
    attributeCount = 1;
    min = 10; max = 20;
   }
  }

TheWereWolf

Traveler
Re: Treasure Map Chest Loot

A simple fix would be to change this line

Code:
min = 20; max = 70;

to this

Code:
min = 20; max = 100;

Also the puzzle chest and the paragon chest need this same fix.

TheWereWolf

Traveler

Can someone verify that loot in tmap chests can have item properties with 100% intensity at osi?

Bama

Bug Huntress

Too late T-map loot has just been changed PuB 67?(for demise I think we can't go past PuB 59?)
As far as all loot goes.......
Since imbuing was introduced (almost a year now) item loot intensities have been nerfed
arty drops and marty drops seem to have changed as well
This is just from what I noticed

TheWereWolf

Traveler

Bama;770416 said:
Too late T-map loot has just been changed PuB 67?(for demise I think we can't go past PuB 59?)
As far as all loot goes.......
Since imbuing was introduced (almost a year now) item loot intensities have been nerfed
arty drops and marty drops seem to have changed as well
This is just from what I noticed

What was changed with tmap loot? and will demise get it?

Bama

Bug Huntress

We have put HUNTING back into Treasure maps! Treasure Map locations are now have randomized locations. All maps that have been decoded before publish will be valid for only 30 days, after that period you will have to decode them again. We have added maps for all facets, redone the loot for the treasure chests, and added Guardian Mobs.

Have a look
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1076

Added a small chance for high property count items

What is a small chance?
What are high property count items?
What was the previous chance?
What were the previous high property count items?

TheWereWolf

Traveler

Bama;770437 said:
We have put HUNTING back into Treasure maps! Treasure Map locations are now have randomized locations. All maps that have been decoded before publish will be valid for only 30 days, after that period you will have to decode them again. We have added maps for all facets, redone the loot for the treasure chests, and added Guardian Mobs.

Have a look
http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1076

Added a small chance for high property count items

What is a small chance?
What are high property count items?
What was the previous chance?
What were the previous high property count items?

This has not been scripted yet by anyone?

camper

Sorceror

Treasure maps are still 3 different loot bumps behind. Which is why I am not doing treasure maps at all until they are at least brought up to SE levels.

I clearly remember getting 100 luck and 20% lrc items from all level of treasure maps on OSI servers when I played years ago. I believe they were able to have 100% intensity since AOS came out, though I do not know what the minimum intensity was.

Some helpful links on this subject:

http://update.uo.com/design_482.html[SIZE=-1]
Levels 4 and 5 Treasure maps now have improved loot
This is where level 4 and 5 (then later, level 6) maps were given bonus items over the standard levelx5 magic items.

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=749
[/SIZE]"Bumped up minimum intensities for treasure hunter loot to be more in line with current loot changes."
This clearly shows a general loot bump, though they never published what the actual minimum loot was and there is no way to tell now. The actual minimum intensity will likely have to be simply guessed.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-fish...-chests-loot-content-stacking-other-uses.html
This is the best general guide to loot pre-SA that I could find. It covers everything, but unfortunately makes no reference to specifics on intensities. However, it does reference the correct amount of items spawned.
Level 4 maps = 38 (an extra 18 items over the original formula)
Level 5 maps = 50 (an extra 25 items over the original formula)
Level 6 maps = 60 (an extra 30 items over the original formula)

Killer Rabbit

Sorceror

Made a patch to bump up some loot, need more information though, the values I chose were just estimations.

Also, is it a bug that treasure maps can currently spawn a 6 mod item? On Demise right now, there is a 1/90 chance of receiving a 6 mod item. I changed that to 5 mod max just in case.

Changed item quantities as per http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-fish...-chests-loot-content-stacking-other-uses.html

All changes are marked as Core.SE(except the 6 mod item issue).

Table for random item values: (This chance is per item)
1/16 chance of a 3-5 mod item with 50-100% intensity
2/16 chance of a 2-5 mod item with 40-80% intensity
3/16 chance of a 2-4 mod item with 30-60% intensity
4/16 chance of a 1-3 mod item with 20-40% intensity
6/16 chance of a 1 mod item with 10-20% intensity

CorwinOfAmber

Sorceror

Killer Rabbit;775456 said:
Hehe, I like ternary operators, but I also know they can be hard to follow at times, which is why I commented it.

Yeah I saw the comment; good. But actually the comment makes that whole line even longer making it impossible to fit on the screen and harder to read :(

Also the comment says: "3 and below, 5 * level" but the code says "level * 6".

I though a switch statement might be better suited (discuss):

Code:
switch(level) {
    case 6: numberItems = 61; break;
    case 5: numberItems = 51; break;
    case 4: numberItems = 38; break;
    case 3:
    case 2:
    case 1: numberItems = level * 6; break;
    default:
        //error
}

Killer Rabbit

Sorceror

CorwinOfAmber;775460 said:
Yeah I saw the comment; good. But actually the comment makes that whole line even longer making it impossible to fit on the screen and harder to read :(

Also the comment says: "3 and below, 5 * level" but the code says "level * 6".

I though a switch statement might be better suited (discuss):

Yeah, a switch would probably be better as it would fix the off by 1 error for level 2 and off by 2 error for level 3. Since the loot generator is a for loop with a < instead of a <=, you have to be one higher than what it says...

But I'm just not thinking this through, and I can easily change that to a <= instead. Would make the switch less complicated by removing some +1 statements in the switch.

I'll add an updated patch to this post with a switch instead.

Attachments

• TreasureMapChest.diff
    3.8 KB · Views: 1

CorwinOfAmber

Sorceror

I like the look of that code better but I'm now confused about the logic a bit. Specifically the for loop number of iterations. If I am reading it correctly the loop should execute once for each item. At level 6, 60 items the loop should go i=0; i<60; not i=0;i<=60. The second version would be executed 61 times. Is that what we want?

Killer Rabbit

Sorceror

CorwinOfAmber;775475 said:
I like the look of that code better but I'm now confused about the logic a bit. Specifically the for loop number of iterations. If I am reading it correctly the loop should execute once for each item. At level 6, 60 items the loop should go i=0; i<60; not i=0;i<=60. The second version would be executed 61 times. Is that what we want?

Fixed. Changed the values in 2 locations and overcorrected it. Ah...

Status
Not open for further replies.