UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Stealth and Hiding

Sajvo

Wanderer
fonis said:
What bothers me is apparently people are having problems, yet there are obviously people able to stealth fully into faction strongholds (such as SL) and steal, while passing through oh so many people and obstacles. Without failing once.

That's what bothers me.

bubbalicious on gl used to stealth from sigil room to west brit smithy to hand off sigils. its not something new and being abused as im sure you keep hinting at. but yes it should be tweeked to make it a little more effcient

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
Ive got a 7x GM thief in CoM and never use stealth. Its worthless when detect hidden is so easy to GM, and stealth DEFINITELY DOES fail at 100.0 base.

I fail like 1 of 8 tries with GM stealth and 0 AR.

X

Xaphan

Mike said:
Ive got a 7x GM thief in CoM and never use stealth. Its worthless when detect hidden is so easy to GM, and stealth DEFINITELY DOES fail at 100.0 base.

I fail like 1 of 8 tries with GM stealth and 0 AR.

Troll, IRL.

Ya... Stealth doesn't seem that useful on this Shard (I just wish I had discovered that BEFORE I had GM'd in it...). Not that I'm complaining or anything... all in all, this shard is the best. But as a suggestion, I'd say reworking stealth a little bit would make the Shard even better.

My advise would be to just allow characters to use Stealth immediately after Hiding, but keep all of the other delays for hiding the same. That way Stealth would become useful, but it wouldn't unbalance the hiding skill.

It'd be nice to see Rogues on this other then pickpockets!

nacho said:
Quit being a 10 year old and say something relevant to the conversation

It is relevant. As in the skills work fine as they are. Stop being a nub and learn how to steal. Just because you can't steal then hide automatically and stealth 20 feet right away and get away scotch free...takes a little thought and trickery sometimes.

Stealth is 100% fine. The other day I was able to sneak into the commanding lord of minax's house and steal 5 of his bolas before he even catched me. I didn't fail once, I was wearing sandals, jester hat & +2 AR Cloak.

fonis

Knight
Yet people who have been using stealth for a bit now have had obvious failures at 0 AR with just basic clothing (or nothing at all) on. And yet we have people stealthing through entire factions with ease. Repeatedly.

Johnny Cochrane said:
Stealth is 100% fine. The other day I was able to sneak into the commanding lord of minax's house and steal 5 of his bolas before he even catched me. I didn't fail once, I was wearing sandals, jester hat & +2 AR Cloak.

Don't you become revealed when stealing.. so how would you steal 5 before he caught you (just curious).

Ungo-hybrid

Wanderer
Stealthing without anything on at all, I'd say I don't succeed at least 1 out of 4 attempts.

As for the post about "learn how to steal"... stealthing I don't use on my thief, I just brush past you, open your bag, and while standing 3 feet away, last target what I want, brush past again and steal it.... stealthing isn't that useful in thieving. Since, after you steal you have to wait 10 seconds to hide and another 10 to stealth. So, your idea of stealing, then imediately hiding and stealthing away from a steal is majorly flawed.

S

salamando-hybrid

Yes, armor affects your chances at stealthing. At GM you can wear some clothing or light armor without really worrying about it (I don't recall the armor level to success matrix), but I'm sure you can dig it up on stratics.

I use stealth all the time to steal. Whether it's to open the pack or to get up unoticed or both. From my experience, the better you are at pulling off a good hide on a chase will determine whether you got enough time to pull a stealth away. Stealth works for me about 99% of the time. I can't really recall it failing me. I use normal clothes with 0 AR. Perhaps LOS has something to do with stealthing like stealing. Something I am going to look into.

Character Name said:
Don't you become revealed when stealing.. so how would you steal 5 before he caught you (just curious).

I would stealth up to his 3rd floor, click myself once to get the leave house option ready then hit my steal-last target macros click leave house and I got 1-2 bolas. Rinse & Repeat.

Suggestion for Minax, get a new leader! He got owned by a thief.. :/