UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Stealth and Hiding

nachie

Wanderer
Stealth and Hiding

Stealth is useless because the hiding delay is so long that once you hide and use stealth, your already revved and running away to try and hide again. oh and if they dont rev you they can throw an explo pot where you hid, or poison field, or metor shower, or eq, or what have you. Could you make the hiding delay shortened for when you wanna use stealth? it would be alot more useful.

diddy.

Wanderer
Stealth on OSI atm has 20 steps instead of 10 at GM aswell.

I think this needs to be implemented here aswell.

X

Xaphan

Stealth is very useful, I personally have a mage/stealther/thief for factions and if you are good you can sneak into guarded bases.

Splinter Cell for training!

diddy.

Wanderer
Yeah iv'e got quite a few sigils from doing that, takes abit of time though when heavily guarded.
Fun Though.

Stealth is grand.. just use it as a tool to get into somewhere rather than a tool for running away.. once people know where you are, stealth is useless.

Meister

Sorceror
The problem is that even at GM Stealth fails a whole lot. I'm a Stealth thief and I dont even use stealth much anymore. Either it fails and reveals me or I am mounted and cant stealth anyway. 10 steps arent all that much either and the delay between hiding and stealthing is awefully long (8 seconds I think). Result being, the skill is almost useless for thieves. People can simply use magic in different ways to damage hidden characters or the skill takes too long to use with 10 steps being not enough to escape.

nachie

Wanderer
Character Name said:
Stealth is grand.. just use it as a tool to get into somewhere rather than a tool for running away.. once people know where you are, stealth is useless.

Ah, I see what you mean, but as meister said, it does tend to fail alot >.<

And as for the 20 steps I'm not even sure I've never really used stealth on OSI :< but if it were 20 steps that would be kick ass

oh and if you were a theif stealth would be totally useless iny my opinion, because once you steal something and say you happy to be grey you hide and they just reveal you before or damage you before you stealth away. Plus you have to be on foot to stealth so... they will probably kill you before you can get away.

I'm fairly sure the 20 steps was after aos or something.. because I had a stealther and I only walked 10..
And I remember when AoS very first came out and stealthing ps's were available, people were amazed because they could walk 15 steps at 120 or something..

I don't know that for a fact, that's just what i seem to remember..

And yes, that would be much better if it didn't fail so much... just try to do it when you're naked, since armor affects it. And riding ethies if you can helps a lot for a stealther. ;)

Meister

Sorceror
As a thief I never wear anything other than clothes, which dont hinder it. I ride an ethy, but no matter what mount, you cannot stealth while mounted.

K

krrios

Stealth is dependant on your armor rating. At 0 AR you shouldn't ever fail, even at only 80 stealth. I've done quite a bit of stealthing these past weeks and I don't remember ever failing.

fonis

Knight
I've had a stealther for a while. I've failed about 1 out of 4 tries with just a shirt and fancy pants on.

Meister said:
As a thief I never wear anything other than clothes, which dont hinder it. I ride an ethy, but no matter what mount, you cannot stealth while mounted.
Stealth to target, while hidden hop on ethy (worked on osi)... steal, and run like a mofo

jiggawhat

Wanderer
theres nothing wrong with the 8 second delay after hiding but i had a decent thief on osi with 80 stealth and i made a replica of the character here only to find that stealth was pretty much worthless even at gm since the success rate seemed to be low (i would fail more at gm stealth here than i would at 80 on osi). so unless stealth has changed here since 2 months ago just do what i did and drop stealth for a more valuable skill like cooking.

nachie

Wanderer
jiggawhat said:
theres nothing wrong with the 8 second delay after hiding but i had a decent thief on osi with 80 stealth and i made a replica of the character here only to find that stealth was pretty much worthless even at gm since the success rate seemed to be low (i would fail more at gm stealth here than i would at 80 on osi). so unless stealth has changed here since 2 months ago just do what i did and drop stealth for a more valuable skill like cooking.

lol, well thing is, like I dont wanna drop it just to raise it again if they change it :[

fonis

Knight
What bothers me is apparently people are having problems, yet there are obviously people able to stealth fully into faction strongholds (such as SL) and steal, while passing through oh so many people and obstacles. Without failing once.

That's what bothers me.