UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Start of the universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kethinov

Sorceror
Yeah I can totally understand why you'd find the big bang / big collapse theory depressing. The whole "no matter what we do, it's all meaningless anyway" thing just kinda makes you go, "well... fuck."

But then, that theory could be wrong. ;)

Galgum

Page
On the upside, it makes you worry less when doing things that would normally make you nervous as hell, just because you're like, "shit, why the fuck not, not like anyone's gonna remember tomorrow... or ever"

This thread kicks ass.

I'll play the devil's advocate, so we can keep this conversation going.

First, how is science any different than religion? When you boil everything down, how can you be sure about anything at all, ever? With science, they offer "facts" and "proof" but those facts and proof are based on perception, and on top of that, are based in a system founded on fallible theory. Theory is just that, and the cool thing about science is that it has this premise of "discovery" wherein if something doesn't agree with the "laws" that are in affect, through "discovery" (a fancy way of saying labeling) they come up with a new definition and thus a new "law of nature" is made.

Second, right now, you can't even be sure you are alive, or awake, in a coma, or dreaming. You believe you are. You even develop systems of proof to reinforce that you are. But how can you ever be sure? If you can't be sure you exist, how can you ponder on the infinite space of the Universe?

That's all for now, I have TONS more, just wetting the pallette...
I live for this kind of debate...

fonis

Knight
To add, the current calculations show that we aren't in a universal sinusoidal loop (explode, crush, explode, crush, etc...) but that the universe will just dissipate. Sucks, eh?

Xternal_Fire

Wanderer
Well, thats another theory my science teacher said, that some people think that the bing bang happens over and over again...just so as that was said i was like how the hell would anyone know that, nobody's alive that long to see it anyways.

Xternal_Fire

Wanderer
AND ANOTHER THING, I was just thinking again, think blackh hole have anything to do with it...seeing as they are such a massive about of gravity and all and light can't escape and all that good stuff, so... where does it all go? AND ANOTHER THING parallel universes are next to us or that they are a "different Dimension" or something of that nature right? How can a endless void of nothing have another endless void of nothing next to it?

fonis

Knight
The stuff in black holes is condensed into extremely dense and large particles of dark matter (according to latest info from Hawking) that pulse out of black holes. It's a giant matter -> energy converter.

They dont' go to other dimensions. Just big sink holes pulsing out huge cosmic particles.

All of this is irrelevent. Even if we knew how the universe was formed, in 35 million years it won't matter. Our sun will die. Our solar system will freeze and we will die. That or the dice will roll against our favor and we will get smoked by a moon sized meteor.
That's all according to Nasa, I think.
How's that for depressing?
Welp, off to kill others and myself!

Galgum

Page
I think by then we'll have developed a way to stablize a nuclear fusion reaction, ie, what the sun is, and prevent the sun from entering it's burn out process. There's also the chance that in 35 million years we'll have progressed atleast enough to enter new solar systems and colonize other plants. That is, if our future presidents actually focus on the space project instead of blowing up our planet with more pointless wars.

Punkers Slave said:
All of this is irrelevent. Even if we knew how the universe was formed, in 35 million years it won't matter. Our sun will die. Our solar system will freeze and we will die. That or the dice will roll against our favor and we will get smoked by a moon sized meteor.
That's all according to Nasa, I think.
How's that for depressing?
Welp, off to kill others and myself!

The sun burns out in 5 billion years, according to some astrologist who came to my science class last year. (Notice how I'm saying "according to", I'm not very sure on the topic, it's not something I study)

Galgum said:
I think by then we'll have developed a way to stablize a nuclear fusion reaction, ie, what the sun is, and prevent the sun from entering it's burn out process. There's also the chance that in 35 million years we'll have progressed atleast enough to enter new solar systems and colonize other plants. That is, if our future presidents actually focus on the space project instead of blowing up our planet with more pointless wars.
Yes, I'm pretty sure we'll kill ourselves off, well before we see our solar system collapse.

It baffles me how devoutly RELIGIOUS you all are. How can you not question science? It's just another system of belief, it's just another religion.

Think outside of the damn box and stop listening to what everyone tells you!
Question your authorities, don't just jump into blind acceptance.

I say, the world is going to end in 2053 because invisible pink elephants that have been living on Earth for 10,028 years will finally make their move and destroy the crop of humans they've been breeding since they evolved us from platypuses.

Prove me wrong!

Afro Man

Wanderer
You can't believe anyone. Everyone thought Y2k would be the end of the world, then when the mayan calendar ended.. Let it just play out and we'll see what happens. Nothing will happen in our life times so who cares!!

fonis

Knight
No, it's a fact. You're wrong. I just read it in the book your half-brother gave me written in permenant pencil, thus pure law of the universe.
Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.