UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Something's gotta give...

Indika

Sorceror
now lets not all turn this into a "who's got the biggest..." convo...

I think theres one thing we can all agree on... we all love the game.
whether you like someone or not, them being here contributes to the global economy of the server, which in turn, benefits u in the greater scheme of things.

what happened to a little damned common courtesy?
what happened to respect for ur fellow man?
some people only interact with other cultures through this game, are u a good ambassador for ur collective?

I guess none of these questions really matter atleast to the general population. people are gunna always be who they want to be. and if something is wrong with them, they are going to vent and relieve stress in however they can communicate those feelings, even if it is on an online game.

but one thing we all can agree on is we all love the game. and if we want to save demise FROM demise, then well, somethings gotta give. its not fully on the staff, or GM's, or anyone particularly in the community. its gotta be shard-wide.

I know for one I have thousands of hours invested into demise. I love demise. I don't get to play much here lately, but it's a serious commitment(idk if anyone elses GF or wife gets jealous...)

I don't know with all these accusations and childish temperaments going around it's just got me wondering where demise will be by say, Christmas? I try to be as exceedingly respectful to my fellow player as possible, I don't get mad when someone pk's my trammy ass, yet a day doesn't go by on demise that im not talked shit or talked down to or just blatantly disrespected. if the goal is to end the server, shouldn't we just say that? but I don't think that's anyones goal.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
now lets not all turn this into a "who's got the biggest..." convo...

I think theres one thing we can all agree on... we all love the game.
whether you like someone or not, them being here contributes to the global economy of the server, which in turn, benefits u in the greater scheme of things.

what happened to a little damned common courtesy?
what happened to respect for ur fellow man?
some people only interact with other cultures through this game, are u a good ambassador for ur collective?

I guess none of these questions really matter atleast to the general population. people are gunna always be who they want to be. and if something is wrong with them, they are going to vent and relieve stress in however they can communicate those feelings, even if it is on an online game.

but one thing we all can agree on is we all love the game. and if we want to save demise FROM demise, then well, somethings gotta give. its not fully on the staff, or GM's, or anyone particularly in the community. its gotta be shard-wide.

I know for one I have thousands of hours invested into demise. I love demise. I don't get to play much here lately, but it's a serious commitment(idk if anyone elses GF or wife gets jealous...)

I don't know with all these accusations and childish temperaments going around it's just got me wondering where demise will be by say, Christmas? I try to be as exceedingly respectful to my fellow player as possible, I don't get mad when someone pk's my trammy ass, yet a day doesn't go by on demise that im not talked shit or talked down to or just blatantly disrespected. if the goal is to end the server, shouldn't we just say that? but I don't think that's anyones goal.
I must agree with most of what you said. But you do realise that this type of behavior happends on every uo shard from osi to the next free shard. What you see is mostly rivalry between certain groups against different groups, some people will say that its mostly from groups that are pvp'ers but on some random days you will also see this type of behavior from groups / players from tram. It would be nice to have a big perfect familly but even in the best and most perfect fammilly there is some rivalry and technicaly we are all part of the same familly.
Some people will hate on you for making a move that they were not expecting or that hurt them and then some will hate on you just cause joe from his groups hates on you even tho he has no ideal wtf happended. I do agree that it's an eye soar for the rest of the community since they have no ideal of wtf happend all they see is some random post of how big my e-peen is bigger then his and the thread just get vanished in the shaddows cause of those 2 or so guys/girls that had to bring there rivalry into the public.
Staff tried so hard at stoping these post / comments / games / rivalry from hitting the general public of the forums for many years, they went from banning people on forum to even say they would ban people in game if it would continue, so I guess staff did what they had to do now its really up to us like you stated unfortunately the players would have to stop the rivalry and tbh that is something that I don't think will happend. you will always have a sister or brother that gets under your skin and there is only so much that one can turn and look at the other side.

and for the wife/gf gets jealous -- be really carefull ive seen a few couples breaking because of this.
My wife always got jealous but mostly annoyed of the time I spent playing an online game then she gave up and joined me.

Blesh Terra

Sorceror

Indika

Sorceror
haha. most of it, atleast to me, isn't even in fel :p

I guess ive just seen a lot of good players go and I guess as I become more active in community the better I realize why these players leave us

cant we ask ourselves why :p

They leave because of IRL commitments.

Nobody quits here because they WANT to stop playing.

Why do you think kids like me, animosity, id, tempest, mb, lukin, etc are all still here. because we want to be.

9/10 times people quit because of IRL. the other 1/10 is multiple factors, i wont deny that us being shitbags is part of it, but thats ANY online Community.

I challenge you to find me 1 that exists in complete harmony, where everyone gets along and does their thing and says hi to their neighbour.

In fact this reminds me of that RPG comic where the one neighbour is saying Hi to his neighbour in UO. The other neighbour just says Fuck you.

Xavier

Account Terminated
I don't know with all these accusations and childish temperaments going around it's just got me wondering where demise will be by say, Christmas?

Right where it is, of course. Demise is a bit bi-polar. These swings come and go. Its always triggered off by some group of unhappy, angry, or just malicious players who would like nothing more than to see Demise close because they don't like something that happened - and tbh, at least 2 or 3 of these episodes were started by more or less the same group of people. Numbers go down, then back up, and do not forget, summertime numbers ALWAYS drop very noticeably.

We have new content in the works, fixes for major problems that just recently came to our attention, somehow. And, life on Demise will go on as usual.

But there's one thing you all should keep in mind when you see people trying to cause problems or wishing the end of demise - theyre not only trying to wreck things for staff, but for you as well. Malcontents will be malcontents. So just go enjoy the game, and have fun - and demise will go on.

This community is actually fairly calm compared to other ones. Play a MOBA and you will see outa control. You either have to ignore it the best you can or become an epic troll. Ya these environments tend to drive people away before they have a chance to really see the game for what it is but you gotta take the good with the bad. At this point in the game we should all be good at adapting.

Indika

Sorceror
They leave because of IRL commitments.

Nobody quits here because they WANT to stop playing.

Why do you think kids like me, animosity, id, tempest, mb, lukin, etc are all still here. because we want to be.

9/10 times people quit because of IRL. the other 1/10 is multiple factors, i wont deny that us being shitbags is part of it, but thats ANY online Community.

this is true a lot of the time yes. but I have been observing demise for almost 7 years now, I was here before the server wipe even. even trammy vets who have nothing to do with fel are dropping off... seemingly... like... flies... ive seen the numbers seesaw up and down for years now, but ive never wanted to make a post about it before now... I don't think its anyones fault in particular, Hz aren't the only douchebags and I also don't think that's entirely the reason either.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
this is true a lot of the time yes. but I have been observing demise for almost 7 years now, I was here before the server wipe even. even trammy vets who have nothing to do with fel are dropping off... seemingly... like... flies... ive seen the numbers seesaw up and down for years now, but ive never wanted to make a post about it before now... I don't think its anyones fault in particular, Hz aren't the only douchebags and I also don't think that's entirely the reason either.

I could never say that Hz's are douchebags they just play the game is it seems fit and some of them are actually really nice. Most will hate on Hz since they are mainly the only group large enough to stop anyone at the moment making the rest that decided not to join them to retaliate against them. I personally don't have a problem with them whatever happened in the past between me and them is just game play, I still talk to some of them some others well they decided on there own. Like Prohunter said this forum is not as bad as some others that I play on, You can either ignore it or join on the trolling
and trolling sometime can become quite amusing.

Indika

Sorceror
well... again I don't think trolling or shit talking or Hz(or anyone in particular) is the sole problem. nor content expansion I don't mean to make this another thread like that.

a lot of the recent people who quit, especially the ones that I know, I don't think are coming back. I stated in the original thread I didn't wanna turn it into a "who's ___ is bigger" thread. this needs to be a time of sucking it up, realizing we all share a common love, the game, and figure out what the problem/solution is and fix it, before this game we all love is a ghost town. I for one have invested thousands of hours into demise, I want to keep it going.

Celes

Sorceror
well... again I don't think trolling or shit talking or Hz(or anyone in particular) is the sole problem. nor content expansion I don't mean to make this another thread like that.

a lot of the recent people who quit, especially the ones that I know, I don't think are coming back. I stated in the original thread I didn't wanna turn it into a "who's ___ is bigger" thread. this needs to be a time of sucking it up, realizing we all share a common love, the game, and figure out what the problem/solution is and fix it, before this game we all love is a ghost town. I for one have invested thousands of hours into demise, I want to keep it going.

lol, I think you are letting a couple of people who say Demise is going to fail because they left get to you. Xavier just told you it's not going anywhere. I don't understand why your worried other than actually listening to a select group of people say that Demise will fail. Ironically, only after they left? Just chill out and play the game. Nothing has changed.

hickman48

Knight
lol, I think you are letting a couple of people who say Demise is going to fail because they left get to you. Xavier just told you it's not going anywhere. I don't understand why your worried other than actually listening to a select group of people say that Demise will fail. Ironically, only after they left? Just chill out and play the game. Nothing has changed.

Bro when they quit they took everything with them they clearly made demise what it is / was if they go its clearly going down hill.

. why is it so hard to expresses sarcasm in text.

Indika

Sorceror
why is it so hard to expresses sarcasm in text.

probably for the same reason people look for every opportunity to be a dick over the internet that they can?
or maybe because psychology explains to us that sarcasm is just a defense mechanism when a person is stressed or anxious.

anyway, topic successfully derailed and point clearly proven. if I worried u guys into thinking I said that demise would be closed down, I never meant to imply that. sure itll be up and online. but the state of game is going downhill. yeah itll still be here regardless if me or anyone else leaves. I think everyone really confused what I said with what they wanted me to have said. which is ok. the average demise player loves not only victimizing themselves, but also trolling as much as possible.

I can clearly see that ive upset many individuals with my topic, so it doesn't need to continue. sometimes i forget that people rage when they read friendly posts made to forums, only intended to help. all I wanted was to offer some insight, but i see I came to the wrong place for that. let's all continue to be assholes to each other and troll and grief each other until theres no one left!! sounds lovely.

p.s. everyone thinks every topic made is about Hz or pvpers or something pvp related. yeah a lot of pvpers also have left us. but people forget that trammies even exist, that's the treatment we get. these people aren't quitting the game, they are moving to other servers. and pretty much all of them the general consensus is the same... they seem to laugh when asked if they think they would ever return to demise (from the other servers)

we really have lost a lot of good players and a lot of figures in the community that were helpful and respectful to other players, especially noobs. eventually itll be nothing left but the arrogant assholes who compare UO to a fraternity hazing event. "who can I piss off the most today on UO to make myself feel better about my shitty life??"

again, what happened to being a decent person? do YOU like assholes? even if it doesn't matter to u in game, what about when someone cuts u off on ur way to work in the morning in real life? or what about what momma said about having something nice to say.

hickman48

Knight
No one actually goes out of their way to grief / toll anyone in game but cry when anything they don't want to happen remotely does.

Im not going to put up any names or anything but when i was logged in the other day to refresh my accounts was at brit gate with 2 guildys fighting a few blues a red shows up we kill him due to the fact he is not guilded and we expect to be attacked by him, he then goes out of his way to run around us as a ghost and spam slurs and complane about us ganking him. No less than 5 min while my guildys where afk and i was fighting 2 blues he runs down and flags on me in an attempt to gank me i live for a bit till a few guildys show up we kill the blues and him but yet agen it was just us 3v1 ganking him in his mind.

Now the simple fact is we did up set him he was mad and did indeed rage at us and i do believe we said some shit back, But due to the fact he had just lost a few fights and ohhh sooo much gold he was up set and the game was not fun for him was it my fault he was in this mood yes but its due to the fact he had lost.

simple point is the game is more fun when you win and when you lose it is degrading but im not throwing a game and losing it so someone i don't know can have more fun.

probably for the same reason people look for every opportunity to be a dick over the internet that they can?
or maybe because psychology explains to us that sarcasm is just a defense mechanism when a person is stressed or anxious.

anyway, topic successfully derailed and point clearly proven. if I worried u guys into thinking I said that demise would be closed down, I never meant to imply that. sure itll be up and online. but the state of game is going downhill. yeah itll still be here regardless if me or anyone else leaves. I think everyone really confused what I said with what they wanted me to have said. which is ok. the average demise player loves not only victimizing themselves, but also trolling as much as possible.

I can clearly see that ive upset many individuals with my topic, so it doesn't need to continue. sometimes i forget that people rage when they read friendly posts made to forums, only intended to help. all I wanted was to offer some insight, but i see I came to the wrong place for that. let's all continue to be assholes to each other and troll and grief each other until theres no one left!! sounds lovely.

p.s. everyone thinks every topic made is about Hz or pvpers or something pvp related. yeah a lot of pvpers also have left us. but people forget that trammies even exist, that's the treatment we get. these people aren't quitting the game, they are moving to other servers. and pretty much all of them the general consensus is the same... they seem to laugh when asked if they think they would ever return to demise (from the other servers)

we really have lost a lot of good players and a lot of figures in the community that were helpful and respectful to other players, especially noobs. eventually itll be nothing left but the arrogant assholes who compare UO to a fraternity hazing event. "who can I piss off the most today on UO to make myself feel better about my shitty life??"

again, what happened to being a decent person? do YOU like assholes? even if it doesn't matter to u in game, what about when someone cuts u off on ur way to work in the morning in real life? or what about what momma said about having something nice to say.

I sense another melodramatic quitting thread is eminent.