UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sly's Guide to your Neighbour's Pocket

Sly-demise

Sorceror
Re: Sly's Guide to your Neighbour's Pocket

There's no active Thieves Guild that I know of, though I guess we will have to see if those Red Rabbits from that thief quest is a guild or not.

Maltim

Wanderer

There is GOR.

No one joined it, because most thieves are loyal to another guild...so they wouldn't be able to raid and give info on all spawns, etc.

If you're not a current member of a spawner guild, GOR is taking all members for a nice little intel network.

Catnip

Sorceror

Sent you a message to get more info on GOR.
Thanks

Catnip

Sorceror

Is it still 48 hours in game time? I'm pretty sure my thief is well over that mark. Still unable to join.

Sly-demise

Sorceror

Catnip;600670 said:
Is it still 48 hours in game time? I'm pretty sure my thief is well over that mark. Still unable to join.

Is the thief on an account that is over a week old?

Catnip

Sorceror

Sly-demise;601734 said:
Is the thief on an account that is over a week old?

Yes account is 170 days old, char over 1 week old, stealing 100 still getting the message too young to join.
Maybe she doesn't have 48 hours IN GAME time yet. I could have swore that she did. Wish there was an in game time timer for thieves.

Hilde

Page

Catnip;608978 said:
Yes account is 170 days old, char over 1 week old, stealing 100 still getting the message too young to join.
Maybe she doesn't have 48 hours IN GAME time yet. I could have swore that she did. Wish there was an in game time timer for thieves.

If I remember right, it's way more than 48 hours IN GAME. I had to wait days w/o logging out till I could finally join it.

Hilde

Page

From Scripts/Mobiles/Vendors/NPC/Guildmasters/ThiefGuildmaster.cs

Code:
public override TimeSpan JoinAge{ get{ return TimeSpan.FromDays( 7.0 ); } }

And those 7 days are IN GAME time if I'm not wrong....

New Deity

Wanderer

you can type: "i renounce my young player status" and eliminate ur young status.

Hilde

Page

New Deity;609176 said:
you can type: "i renounce my young player status" and eliminate ur young status.

That doesn't change the fact that the char is still not old enough to join the thieves guild....

Riobe

Wanderer

Hilde;609070 said:
From Scripts/Mobiles/Vendors/NPC/Guildmasters/ThiefGuildmaster.cs

Code:
public override TimeSpan JoinAge{ get{ return TimeSpan.FromDays( 7.0 ); } }

And those 7 days are IN GAME time if I'm not wrong....

That is an override of the method JoinAge inherited from the base class BaseGuildmaster. It is used on line 78 in public override void OnSpeech( SpeechEventArgs e) in BaseGuildmaster.cs to determine if the player is old enough. This is the key line:
Code:
else if ( pm.GameTime < JoinGameAge || (pm.CreationTime + JoinAge) > DateTime.Now )
						SayTo( from, 501048 ); // You are too young to join my guild...

It does two checks. The first one is that the player's in game time, acquired by pm.GameTime, is less than JoinGameAge, which is equal to 48 hours. JoinGameAge is another method of BaseGuildmaster that returns TimeSpan.FromDays( 2.0 ).

The second check is that the player has been created at least a week ago. It just gets the creation time and adds JoinAge, which is overridden in ThiefGuildmaster to return TimeSpan.FromDays( 7.0 ), and sees if that is greater than the current time.

If either of these is true then the thief guildmaster will say you're too young and that is that.

So in a sentence: You have to have to have been logged in for 48 or more hours and have been created for at least one week to join the thieve's guild.

Sly-demise

Sorceror

Riobe;609486 said:
So in a sentence: You have to have to have been logged in for 48 or more hours and have been created for at least one week to join the thieve's guild.

Which means the guide is correct the way it is. Yay! ;)

Howl

Sorceror

I've made more money on my theif for maybe a couple hours than I have on all other characters combined during my entire time of playing UO.

First steal: +25 SS

Second steal: Statue for theif event yesterday (prize to be claimed today)

Third steal: Inquisitor's Resolution

Fourth steal: The first Lamp Post

Catnip

Sorceror

Howl;617234 said:
I've made more money on my theif for maybe a couple hours than I have on all other characters combined during my entire time of playing UO.

First steal: +25 SS

Second steal: Statue for theif event yesterday (prize to be claimed today)

Third steal: Inquisitor's Resolution

Fourth steal: The first Lamp Post

I'm still waiting for my char to age up for that very reason. LOL

Sly-demise;581563 said:
Equipment

Skill Bonus Necromancer’s Shroud ...

I presume you mean the Shroud of Deceit, Sly.

But doesn't Bone armour increase your Stealth Skill requirements?

Oh, and why 60 Necro? Just for Wraith form & Recalls?

FE

pimpineasy

Sorceror

ima try this out
stats
120 str
15+5 dex
90 int

hiding 100
ninjitsu 107.5
resisting spells 100
spellweaving 50 + extra skill points for pvm maybe? Tame G dragon=>
snooping 90 + 10 bandanna
stealth 50 + 10 bandanna
stealing 100 +10 bandanna
wrestling 90 + 10 pug gloves

skill total is 687.5 +20 vet skill points gives me 32.5 extra skill points to distribute or possibly do something other then wrestling. focus on lmc hp regen and reflect dmg on armor o and Cant you just use invis scrolls to cast the spell?

Sly-demise

Sorceror

Feersum Endjinn;617421 said:
I presume you mean the Shroud of Deceit, Sly.

But doesn't Bone armour increase your Stealth Skill requirements?

Oh, and why 60 Necro? Just for Wraith form & Recalls?

FE

Changed it to Shroud of Deceit, thanks. ;) Normal bone armour would increase the stealth skill requirements but this particular piece has the Mage Armor property. Medable armor = 60 Stealth skill for 100% Success.

The 60 Necro goes with my 90-105 RPD suit and allows me to never fail Blood Oath. It's worth checking out. :D

Also, I guess this post is just as good as any to tell people I'm quitting UO. I might organise a small thief quest where the winner gets my 105 RPD suit with Shadow Dancers, Brace of Health and all that. Until then! ;)