UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Silent Hill

Sammich

Wanderer
Re: Silent Hill

Clover said:

HAHA OMG HAX my movie theatre went down to 5.00$ yay.

The movie was great, who doesnt like 9 foot swords.

Who cares about understanding the ending, im from alabama damnit

Afro Man

Wanderer

Clover said:
It was definately worth seeing, in my opinion.

[SpOIlerZzz]---->

I saw Silent Hill with a few friends a couple days ago.

I really enjoyed it, although I was scared most of the time. At first I thought they were trapped in a dream.

In the end they were, in fact, dead. There is no other explanation for why they were there and no one could see them. Plus, it looked like they were trapped in a cloud. The father could "sense" them, but that's all. And just because they could see him, doesn't mean they weren't. In many ghost movies the ghost cannot see the living [for instance: "The Others"].

That's one way to look at it, but I think they are in a parellel universe. I think there are 3 different stages.. The real world, Light Silent Hill, and Dark Silent Hill. I think at the end when Alessa came up when Rose was holding Sharron, I think Alessa and Sharron combined, because at the end Sharron has an evil smirk on her face. So basically Sharron/Alessa has fallen in love with Rose (remember the Mother is god in her childs eyes. line) So Sharron/Alessa is keeping rose with her in the Silent Hill realm instead of the real world. Being dead doesn't explain it because they couldn't see the father, and the father couldn't see them the entire time (remember the school, the house etc...)

That's what I think happened.. no way to be sure though.

Clover

Sorceror

[[[[[[[SPOILERS - meaning don't read if you don't want stuff ruined for ya!]]]]]

The game was different in some aspects.

The main character was a guy searching for his little girl.
The cop didn't pull him over... instead she passed him and he later passed her downed motorcycle.
He then avoided hitting the girl.
Woke up and his daughter was gone and went searching for her.
Met up with the cop and the cop gave him a gun.
The cop became possessed.
There were alternate endings. I think five? Two good, two bad, and one with a UFO [don't know why].
In the good endings the guy searching for his daughter had to kill a demon, then Alessa gave him a newborn child to care for and he escaped.
In the bad endings he killed Alessa and weeped over his lost child [and in the worst ending he is shown possibly dead].
I'm sure you can guess the other haha.
Otherwise... the rest was the same.

Pyramid head wasn't even in the first Silent Hill. He was in the second. PH actually served a purpose in the second one, but in the movie he served none whatsoever!

It's my belief, and the belief of many others, that Silent Hill is many people's messed up forms of "paradise". It is not a nightmare at all. Alessa was tortured her whole life [as were the members of the other three games]. They each only knew pain and so they made pain, horror, and punishment their reality.

Yeah, that's what I got out of it. I'm a nerd :(.

What's great though is that the games have never ended on what could be called a "completed" note. And the movie did just what the games did. Perfectly.

Sammich

Wanderer

Clover said:
[[[[[[[SPOILERS - meaning don't read if you don't want stuff ruined for ya!]]]]]

The game was different in some aspects.

The main character was a guy searching for his little girl.
The cop didn't pull him over... instead she passed him and he later passed her downed motorcycle.
He then avoided hitting the girl.
Woke up and his daughter was gone and went searching for her.
Met up with the cop and the cop gave him a gun.
The cop became possessed.
There were alternate endings. I think five? Two good, two bad, and one with a UFO [don't know why].
In the good endings the guy searching for his daughter had to kill a demon, then Alessa gave him a newborn child to care for and he escaped.
In the bad endings he killed Alessa and weeped over his lost child [and in the worst ending he is shown possibly dead].
I'm sure you can guess the other haha.
Otherwise... the rest was the same.

Pyramid head wasn't even in the first Silent Hill. He was in the second. PH actually served a purpose in the second one, but in the movie he served none whatsoever!

It's my belief, and the belief of many others, that Silent Hill is many people's messed up forms of "paradise". It is not a nightmare at all. Alessa was tortured her whole life [as were the members of the other three games]. They each only knew pain and so they made pain, horror, and punishment their reality.

Yeah, that's what I got out of it. I'm a nerd :(.

---UFO---
<Use CS (for fifth time) on top of Lighthouse>
Harry: What? What's that light?
<UFOs zoom in and aliens beam down>
Aliens: (gibberish)
Harry: Um... Sorry... Have you seen a little girl anywhere? About seven
years old with short black hair?
<Aliens zap Harry with stun ray>
(ZAP!)
Harry: AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!
<Aliens take Harry to their leader>
<CREDITS>
---Note: This ending is done up with comic book like artwork. The
credits music is sci-fi in nature and the ---words fade back in Star
Wars style. When you start Next Fear the Aliens send you back in time
with the ---Hyper Blaster to try again.

----Bad----
Unknown ATM

---Bad+---
<Fight Alessa>
Cheryl: Daddy... Thank you daddy...
<Alessa vanishes>
Harry: Cheryl? Cheryl... Cheryl!!!!!!
<CREDITS>
Cybil: Harry. Harry go.
<temple colapses>

---Good---
<Fight Samael>
Cheryl: Daddy...
<Alessa hands a baby (Cheryl) to Harry and points to a blue light>
<Harry heads toward the light and Kaufmann follows...>
<CG: Lisa rises out of the floor and grabs Kaufmann and drags him into
hell>
Kaufmann: No. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!
<Harry runs down street with Cheryl in his arms>
<CREDITS>
<CG: Harry stops at a street corner and look toward the sky. The
streetlight is on.>

---Good+---
<Fight Samael>
Cheryl: Daddy...
<Alessa hands a baby (Cheryl) to Harry and points to a blue light>
<Harry heads toward the light with Cybil behind him and Kaufmann
follows...>
<CG: Lisa rises out of the floor and grabs Kaufmann and drags him into
hell>
Kaufmann: No. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!
<Harry and Cybil run down the street with Cheryl in Harry's arms
<CREDITS>
<CG: Harry gets up from a crouch with Cheryl in his arms. Cybil touches
her nose with her finger and looks at Harry>
---Note: This CG is the same as the CG in the beginning of the intro
except Cybil replaces Harry's ---deceased wife. This CG replaces the old
intro as long as your memory card with the Next Fear save is in ---the
PSX.

What's great though is that the games have never ended on what could be called a "completed" note. And the movie did just what the games did. Perfectly.

^ I actually think doing that is a rather safe way of deciding on a sequel, so if it was a hit then yes and if they lost money in the project then no.

Afro Man

Wanderer

Stryker said:
Is it any good? like worth going to see? my g/f wants to go but i dunno
It's worth seeing. It's not much of a thriller(except when the monsters dance) but it has one hell of a good story to it.

I just downloaded that movie and although it was a bad quality CAM pirate and it was too dark I have to say it totally sucked balls. The bit at the end with the barbed wire was kinda cool reminded me of hellraiser 3, but otherwise the movie was a big dissapointment. Glad I didn't pay to see it LOL