UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shadowclan coming here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZugZug

Shadowclan coming here?

I'm an old Shadowclan member and have been roleplaying on this shard for a few days. I was just wondering if SC ever tried to come here and give this shard a shot. I use to play on their current rp shard they use AI but it's completely dead, there hasn't been decent or any activity on that shard in months. So I'm hoping their might be some members here or maybe they are considering it or perhaps staff has tried to contact them? The current orc guild isn't bad at all, however I would love to see two orc clans competing with me on the sc side :) and I already noticed a lot of old Bloodrock members are in this new orc guild so maybe they can encourage stormreavers to come battle them again.

link to sc forums btw is shadowclan.com

Lyman17

Sorceror
Re: Shadowclan coming here?

SC has not from what I have seen tried to come here but there is plenty of room for SC to come to Hybrid. I'd love to see more RP guilds!

Start it up:D:D!

Caz

Knight

If SC came to Hybrid I'd love the Bloodclan/Shadowclan wars that would erupt to take the Yew Orc Fort. I'd be fighting on Bloodclan's side, but it'd all be in good fun. (Though I know some of you have had.. arguments in the past.)

Z

ZugZug

Bloodclan would love to see fellow roleplaying orcs such as Shadowclan and any other orc clan for that matter play here. I'm sure we would have battles at the Yew Orc Fort, but I'm also sure the seers here would help them get established in another fort as well.

Torgin.

Sorceror

We would never come to Hybrid. Any Shadowclan guild started here is not a branch of Shadowclan and as such we do not recongize the use of our forums here. Mugwomp you need to get permission form Clan Helm which Im sure they'll refuse almost immediately.

Torgin.

Sorceror

Har we left siege due to 1337 kids, mounts, factions, and your fucking ugly ass neon clothes. What makes you think we want to do it all over again? We play AI for a reason matey.

Caz

Knight

Torgin.;1491780 said:
Oh also I'd like to add that RP here sucks and we'd make you all cry yourselfs to sleep because we won't take all your bullshit rules and RoEs.

But who are you trying to convince?

Middle Man

Sorceror

typical SC mentality tbh and the reason why they wont come here.

1. the staff wouldnt cater to their every whim and need.

2. an already larger and more established orc guild is already there and they know they would not be able to establish a real foothold.

3. they cant handle mounts or mounted foes.

4. they hate to lose and since they left OSI thats all they have been and why they try to go to small dead shards that will cater to their every whiney whim.

I know they will never come here regardless of how much the rp community or even the BC is willing to help them get established because unlike BC they cant ever let go of past problems and accept the other.

BC is more than willing to help them get started here in a secure and well established based even if that meant losing some of our own orcs to them or potential recruits in the future because ultimately it would be a fun experiece. Too bad SC is too petty to do something that makes sense and leave a dead shard.

Torgin.

Sorceror

Adam Ant and staff does not cater to us kurg. We don't have any of your benefits that you guys have at your fort and we will never ask for them. I think you were trying to explain BC not SC. We put up with [40] and mounts and that bullshit on Siege. What really makes you think that we would do the same thing here? We aren't afraid of you, we just don't want to deal with the tremendous amount of idiots and egotists that roam the shard and stalk the RP scence.

Maybe it would be different on Hybrid. Who knows? I very higly doubt that you will ever see an official Shadowclan guild here. There are so many problems on this shard as is, but if I go into them I'm afraid I'll get banned because this shard isn't supposed to be flawed.

-Caz
what do you mean "Who am I trying to convince?" I'm not convincing anyone, I'm just telling you my opinion and the opinion shared by most of the real shadowclan members.

Typical SC attitude. Members of Bloodclan reach out a helping hand, telling them they are more than welcomed to join the Hybrid RP community. Instead of trying things out or even saying "Thanks for the offer, but we are content where we are", their members/leadership attack the RP community on Hybrid because it's not as great as the mighty Shadownclan.

Torgin said:
Im sure they'll refuse almost immediately.

Torgin said:
Oh also I'd like to add that RP here sucks and we'd make you all cry yourselfs to sleep because we won't take all your bullshit rules and RoEs.

It's nice to see they have not changed their elitist ways over the years and cannot pony up to any real competition. I chalk this up to a win for Bloodclan since SC won't even field the army and instead hide elsewhere. Have fun playing with yourselves on AI...if you get my drift. Here you might need this after you are done to wipe yourselves off.

:tissue:

Lyman17

Sorceror

Torgin.;1491933 said:
Adam Ant and staff does not cater to us kurg. We don't have any of your benefits that you guys have at your fort and we will never ask for them. I think you were trying to explain BC not SC. We put up with [40] and mounts and that bullshit on Siege. What really makes you think that we would do the same thing here? We aren't afraid of you, we just don't want to deal with the tremendous amount of idiots and egotists that roam the shard and stalk the RP scence.

Maybe it would be different on Hybrid. Who knows? I very higly doubt that you will ever see an official Shadowclan guild here. There are so many problems on this shard as is, but if I go into them I'm afraid I'll get banned because this shard isn't supposed to be flawed.

-Caz
what do you mean "Who am I trying to convince?" I'm not convincing anyone, I'm just telling you my opinion and the opinion shared by most of the real Shadowclan members.

How can you roleplay by yourselves? AI doesn't really have a player base.

Wouldn't you want other roleplaying guilds to actually interact with?

Comparing Siege to Hybrid isnt really a fair comparison because Siege had significantly more players on it and most of which were predominantly PK guilds. I personally played there and know precisely what you are talking about and the problem is not the color of the clothes nor mounts....it was the fact there was a crappy attitude among the player base. The rest is purely incidental. There will ALWAYS be some jack-ass players on EVERY shard unless of course you play on one that is empty.

I dont know why you said Kurg was talking about BC because my experience with BC has been positive and really your "points" made about BC dont have any real sustenance to them.

My question for you is this. What would be the negative side to coming to Hybrid and setting up shop to have at least 2-3 other roleplaying guilds? Truthfully the only thing SC risks is having fun.

Now as far as your "flaws" with the server...

I can honestly say first off it is the best server that i have played on; I have tried probably about 100+ shards and this one has the most consistent amount of players that are ONLINE and that have accounts. The server is very stable and they have a ton of events; not to mention they do a damn good job of being interactive with the players and actually reading feedback\complaints\ideas.

The above stated is more than AI, OSI, or any other server I have seen to date has managed to do. Are there some things that could possibly be improved on....of course...but nobody would say otherwise. Why do you think they update, patch, and implement?

So I would really be interested to hear constructive and intelligent answers as to why SC would not come to Hybrid. I have seen nothing but positive posts about the idea surrounding SC starting up (from the Hybrid community) and seen nothing but negativity from one member of SC that can seemingly only talk trash ,complain about clothing color scheme's,and horses. :confused:

-Lyman

Shadowclan is supposed to be the best of the best, they aren't supposed to care about what other people think, or about any roe we "supposedly have". There is no universal roe, you can pretty much do whatever you want. If you let a few "leet kids" ruin you day then i laugh at what you guys have become.

There is no other rp community that has as much potential for greatness as hybrid does.

Torgin.

Sorceror

AI is the last stop for Shadowclan's UO community. It's been asked many times by different orcs, and it has been denied just as many times. The way things have turned for the "RP" sense is both saddening and scary. Over the years the player-base has increasingly become younger and more immature until RP is just a shadow what it formerly was. Orcs in particular have turned into something different from the original idea of Catskills. There is little to no RP interaction with any orc guilds on all the RP-PvP shards that I've played. (Bloodclan and Shadowclan included.) We are all just a bloodthirsty gank with handy caps when fighting Brigands or each other.

We are happy where we are and we prefer AI's rules to Hybrids. I've seen what happens to Bloodclan.(PKs, notos always patrolling and using blade spirits.) We dealt with that on Siege and after 10 years of the same shit, we aren't about to start again on Hybrid.

Guilds like MOA and TcD have pretty much ruined RP. People view them as the norm now. They are filled with immature, stubborn children. (I'm not saying everyone in TcD is but MOA for sure is trash. I wish someone would knock some sense into Heracles because if he wasn't such a stubborn jackass, the guild would be a whole lot better in my eyes for sure. I mean after you've had so many complaints, you either have to be extremely stupid, or extremely ignorant.) They RP when they want and make up bullshit rules on the spot and expect everyone to bend to them. If you don't listen to them, you are not an "RP" guild or an "RP"er in their eyes and you are such, viewed as a griefer.

So as I said, Shadowclan will be staying on Angel Island. It doesn't matter if you guys think its a dead shard or not and if you think we are stupid for staying or not. We are happy there and we can always find good fights. A shard number doesn't mean too much to us when we are having fun. Besides, most of the "numbers" of Hybrid are sitting at banks talking about their "Aw3s0m3 5h17 0f th3 54nd4l5".

Torgin.

Sorceror

Steven Patrick;1492200 said:
Typical SC attitude. Members of Bloodclan reach out a helping hand, telling them they are more than welcomed to join the Hybrid RP community. Instead of trying things out or even saying "Thanks for the offer, but we are content where we are", their members/leadership attack the RP community on Hybrid because it's not as great as the mighty Shadownclan.

It's nice to see they have not changed their elitist ways over the years and cannot pony up to any real competition. I chalk this up to a win for Bloodclan since SC won't even field the army and instead hide elsewhere. Have fun playing with yourselves on AI...if you get my drift. Here you might need this after you are done to wipe yourselves off.

:tissue:

Get a clue mate. I am just one member stating my opinion. I do not speak for Shadowclan. I'm meerely stating what has been said that we will not move to any other UO shard and my own personal opinion about what i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.