UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos Updates applied 11/8/2009

Larhoom

Wanderer
Re: Sallos Updates applied 11/8/2009

NASTY_DEVILx-hybrid;1985954 said:
Well first of all I doublt they would want to just ruin their reputation... And second of all the chance of some one actually attempting to steal valuable information is as high as the one for any other developers to attempt the same. In other words you should disconnect the internet or forever fear a virus.

im not scared of a virus, im just wondering if this is possible with the new code...

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Larhoom;1985948 said:
I read it, im just wondering if this would ALLOW you to detect other things besides UO related cheats hacks etc

Like i can see this

Tonight we've applied an update to Sallos which allows server-specified code execution. This affords us the following:

The ability to provide shard-specific client enhancements.
The ability to detect and prevent third-party "cheat" modifications.

Im fine with Both of them as they are UO cheat diterring etc

but what if say you hire a new admin and he goes rogue could he take eveyr sallos users bank info?

The only three who have any ability to add code to any of this are Mark, Krrios and Myself. We don't add 'admins' who have ability to add code, run commands or anything of this nature.

If we wanted to detect what you're doing on your computer we would not need Sallos to do it... we could simply use the EA client.

Any auto updater could be used to exploit your computer as they are explicitly trusted to download and execute code. If you were worried about us executing code on your computer you should not use any of our software.

SmiL

Sorceror

Ryan;1986062 said:
The only three who have any ability to add code to any of this are Mark, Krrios and Myself. We don't add 'admins' who have ability to add code, run commands or anything of this nature.

If we wanted to detect what you're doing on your computer we would not need Sallos to do it... we could simply use the EA client.

Any auto updater could be used to exploit your computer as they are explicitly trusted to download and execute code. If you were worried about us executing code on your computer you should not use any of our software.

shit! i knew it!

Nice work tho!

I don't get the hysteria/paranoia. Every single mmo out now has this. Why do people feel this is any different just because it's free?

Larhoom

Wanderer

Ryan;1986062 said:

I thank you for not only your hastey responses, but your analogys and reassurance. My 'worry' was exactly WHO had access to the code like i see people in sallos sign in as staff i just wanted to know who had access. So thanks again for clarifying that.

Simon Cowell;1986069 said:
I don't get the hysteria/paranoia. Every single mmo out now has this. Why do people feel this is any different just because it's free?

It was pure curiosity no paranoia, i dont bank on my computer, oh noes ryan steal my gold on his shard nawt lol

Vek;1985796 said:
Glad to know each time i use razor im signing a waver....

lol

Everytime you use 99% of programs you sign a waiver its called Terms of Service and End User License Agreement

And ryan, perhaps you or krrios or mark or whomever can make a Terms of Service for sallos and state it wont be used for anything malicious in there? Not that i think it will be but im sure some people have this fear

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Larhoom;1986077 said:
I thank you for not only your hastey responses, but your analogys and reassurance. My 'worry' was exactly WHO had access to the code like i see people in sallos sign in as staff i just wanted to know who had access. So thanks again for clarifying that.

I guess I should have clarified that originally - this is a very good point... at no time will anyone on Sallos have the ability to execute any of this functionality. Mark, Krrios and I will be the only ones who can do this... ever.

Larhoom;1986077 said:
It was pure curiosity no paranoia, i dont bank on my computer, oh noes ryan steal my gold on his shard nawt lol

Forgive them (and me) because I've been dealing with a lot of paranoia over this.

Larhoom;1986077 said:
Everytime you use 99% of programs you sign a waiver its called Terms of Service and End User License Agreement

And ryan, perhaps you or krrios or mark or whomever can make a Terms of Service for sallos and state it wont be used for anything malicious in there? Not that i think it will be but im sure some people have this fear

We will be adding a terms of service soon.

Thanks,
Ryan

Vek

Sorceror

Larhoom;1986077 said:

Uhm i was just making a joke, but thanks....i think?

Larhoom

Wanderer

Ryan;1986095 said:
I guess I should have clarified that originally - this is a very good point... at no time will anyone on Sallos have the ability to execute any of this functionality. Mark, Krrios and I will be the only ones who can do this... ever.

Forgive them (and me) because I've been dealing with a lot of paranoia over this.

We will be adding a terms of service soon.

Thanks,
Ryan

I appriciate you working with the playerbase to ease any concerns we have :) and as for the ToS i will be awaiting that :)

You forgot to mention now that containers close after you leave the screen :-(
sucks