UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos Updates applied 11/8/2009

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Sallos Updates applied 11/8/2009

Tonight we've applied an update to Sallos which allows server-specified code execution. This affords us the following:

• The ability to provide shard-specific client enhancements.
  • The ability to detect and prevent third-party "cheat" modifications.

To be clear: by running Sallos, you are implicitly agreeing to the execution of code written by RunUO, UOGamers, and Sallos developers.

This is not uncommon functionality. You'll find it in Punkbuster, on Steam, on WoW, and even on EA's Ultima Online. And it's always been in Sallos--and Razor--in the form of auto-patching.

The executed code is cryptographically signed with a 2048-bit key known only to the RunUO team. And it will never be used for malicious purposes: you do not risk your privacy--only your ability to cheat. If you cannot trust us to this end then you should abstain from running our code in any form (ConnectUO, RunUO, Razor, Ultima SDK or Sallos... etc).

This feature is crucial for the continued success of Sallos on UOGamers and will ensure the playing field is leveled for everyone on the shard.

We appreciate your continued support of UOGamers and your continued support of Sallos.

namlamina

Sorceror
Re: Sallos Updates applied 11/8/2009

Pardon my French, but fuck those whiners. (Sorry to the French people too, unless they're among the whiners).

oldskooluo

Sorceror

you are the man, and im looking forward to battles,where things are "by the rules" for everyone

Vek

Sorceror

Glad to know each time i use razor im signing a waver....

lol

Vek

Sorceror

Death To You;1985798 said:
help ryan what is sallos

its a client that works only for UOGamers Hybrid, like razor but a bit better for pvp

LockHeart

Sorceror

Sallos will not start now, and shows up in my processes and when i try to end it un highlights itsself. ????

Larhoom

Wanderer

I heard a rumor that this new snippet of code allows a rogue admin to do anything he likes with your PC the same as a RAT virus would. Can you confirm or deny that?

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

Larhoom;1985945 said:
I heard a rumor that this new snippet of code allows a rogue admin to do anything he likes with your PC the same as a RAT virus would. Can you confirm or deny that?

You obviously didnt read my post.

Read it.

Larhoom

Wanderer

I read it, im just wondering if this would ALLOW you to detect other things besides UO related cheats hacks etc

Like i can see this

Tonight we've applied an update to Sallos which allows server-specified code execution. This affords us the following:

The ability to provide shard-specific client enhancements.
The ability to detect and prevent third-party "cheat" modifications.

Im fine with Both of them as they are UO cheat diterring etc

but what if say you hire a new admin and he goes rogue could he take eveyr sallos users bank info?

Larhoom;1985948 said:
I read it, im just wondering if this would ALLOW you to detect other things besides UO related cheats hacks etc

Like i can see this

The ability to provide shard-specific client enhancements.
The ability to detect and prevent third-party "cheat" modifications.

Im fine with Both of them as they are UO cheat diterring etc

but what if say you hire a new admin and he goes rogue could he take eveyr sallos users bank info?

Well first of all I doublt they would want to just ruin their reputation... And second of all the chance of some one actually attempting to steal valuable information is as high as the one for any other developers to attempt the same. In other words you should disconnect the internet or forever fear a virus.