UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos: The UNBIASED Poll

Should those who can run sallos be allowed to use it on Hybrid?

• Yes

Votes: 100 50.3%
  • No

Votes: 66 33.2%
  • With some removed features

Votes: 33 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sallos: The UNBIASED Poll

Thought I'd make a real poll regarding this, because "I would quit if it was removed, because I am a bad/subpar PvPer" isn't exactly a great option for some. Nice try though, Heavy Smoker.

See second poll if you voted for third option.

hoglegs

Sorceror
Re: Sallos: The UNBIASED Poll

I voted Yes.

There is nothing wrong Sallos.. The problem is none of the nice features like the recall system were never added to Razor. Smooth movement was halfway added, but never fully implemented. Maybe its time for a decent Razor update/overhaul. I am sure all it would take is a few donations Zippy's way.

On the other hand, Krrios and Mark gave us a modern, standalone client to use on Hybrid, while asking for nothing in return..and the client constantly gets shit on by Razor "fanboys." I'm guessing the reason is they cannot cope with progress.

My point is: don't bash Sallos or Sallos users just because they like Krrios and Mark's modern take on a classic video game, but rather focus this energy into suggesting to Zippy to implement some(all) of the Sallos features that you've all labeled cheats.

Wtf are you restarting a pointless poll for... Haven't we seen enough the past two days?

Sure we have been arguing about this topic for sometime now and we finally come face to face with a verdict. We have seen now that a large group of people can't and won't be sustained with razor alone.

I have seen my fair share of shards and related problems, but not once have I seen a shard with people dependent solely on a client to play. What ever happened to just logging on and playing the game? Not worrying about how pretty your client is, not worrying about what scripts to use(for everyone who uses some form of automated feature. razor/sallos), but actually getting in to enjoy the game.

All in all if you people need Ultima Online to "evolve" in order to play it, then by all means I hope they bring back Sallos for your sake, but this game should not be based on "clients".

And I don't see how your topic is any less biased... The problem isn't running the program. I can run the program fine with 90-140
fps. Its not the availability, its the client itself...But whatever... The outcome of Sallos removal has already been shown.

the horse men.[tHm];2027348 said:
Wtf are you restarting a pointless poll for... Haven't we seen enough the past two days?

He isn't very smart, I've seen which vote wins already.

Heavy Smoker;2027360 said:
He isn't very smart, I've seen which vote wins already.

Well I am positive Sig is a very intelligent person. But now this whole razor/sallos thing is just overrated.. Everyone has voiced their opinions and now we have proof of what happens without it.. I just don't think discussions like this should be "restarted" to just get the same results.

8-ballcorner

Wanderer

i voted yes i only use sallos when group pvping cause i dont rubberband and the sticky bars are better then on razor other then that i use razor when i solo or pvm

i voted 'yes.'

i don't think sallos can turn an average player into a pro. that's exaggerated. it's simply more consistent. you will perform according to your skill level every time without bugs, slowdown, and crashes getting in your way.

it's simply a better client.

The Monarch

Knight

sallos is a crutch for mediocre players.

any real pvper runs razor and plays for himself.

The Monarch;2027443 said:
sallos is a crutch for mediocre players.

any real pvper runs razor and plays for himself.

Agree, and everyone is scared to admit it because they don't want to go back to being below average.

Heavy Smoker;2027451 said:
Agree, and everyone is scared to admit it because they don't want to go back to being below average.

the top of the boards don't look any different now than they did in 2007. you're just moving the blame for your own deaths off of yourself--it's a coping mechanism.

Suil Ban;2027453 said:
the top of the boards don't look any different now than they did in 2007. you're just moving the blame for your own deaths off of yourself--it's a coping mechanism.

I could care less if I die, I just want it to be a fair playing field quit trying to turn things around and go get a hair cut.

WillyDaSquid

Sorceror

I have been playing with razer for the last couple of days. I will be the first to say its complete garbage. I haven't noticed a difference in casting speeds or anything (since I put my spells directly on the UO client). However, I have noticed that its easier to see when you catch a tick. Although, it does seem like the animations are different in some respect to cast recov. I don't know if its faster or it just doesn't look the same.

All in all, I don't feel any slower. I do feel like I am better on Sallos, but thats probably just me being used to a client I have used for however long now.

I was dueling around with Phil/Confusion, he seemed to think the same thing.

I don't see why anyone would want to ride around in a garbage truck. I don't see any real 1v1 advantages. I can tell you the worst parts about razer I found on the field. Its harder to pull bars, the targeting system is much weaker (obviously), other than that and not being able to say . recall home, I haven't noticed all that much.

Oh another thing I think I saw Sig say and agree with, tabbing/candling.. that hurts for 5x duels but it seems like you get used to it.

RAKninja

Page

WillyDaSquid;2027460 said:
the targeting system

you folks DO know razor has a whole slew of targeting options in the "target" section of the hotkeys tab, right?

or is it just that sallos has targeting features not displayed on any of the overviews i have seen on it?

Suil Ban;2027429 said:
i voted 'yes.'

i don't think sallos can turn an average player into a pro. that's exaggerated. it's simply more consistent. you will perform according to your skill level every time without bugs, slowdown, and crashes getting in your way.

it's simply a better client.

itll be better when i dont have to restart every hour due to absurd memory loss. i got 4gb of memory so it dont hurt but shit if it doesnt take about 4-5x the amount of memory from when it starts to an hour or longer.

GluttSDS

Sorceror

Just remove the recall feature -- its the only unfair feature between the two clients.

Skywing

Sorceror

I hate Sallos' limited functionality. Not being able to use UOAM/UOC with the client sucks, since I use UOC to mark house locations with detailed descriptions of their status of decay. I hate not having the ability to set a looping macro in Sallos to do simple things like turn cotton into cloth. Where are the left-click menus? I can't even left-click an NPC to buy or sell from a distance. I can't rename my damned pets. I can't even move the position of my game window without going into an undocumented file in my AppData folder because the options menu in Sallos is horrible. Where the fuck are my footsteps? Goddamnit.

Then again, there's a lot of shit I hate in Razor. Occasionally, I can have someone set to my last target and then try to drop something on them (I have queueing and smart last target disabled) and even though they're two tiles away it will continuously tell me that my target is out of range and the spell won't be executed. I have to actually physically click them because no targeting function will work properly for some strange reason. Additionally, if the smart heal/cure self is interrupted it will still queue yourself as a target even if "queue target" is disabled so you're likely to drop a fucking energy bolt on your own face if you aren't paying close attention.

Basically, Razor is a better client for overall gameplay, and Sallos is just better in PvP because it doesn't bug the fuck out like Razor likes to do. Unfortunately neither client is particularly good overall. It's been how many years since this game was released and we still don't have a good client? Fuck me.

By the way - for those who want smooth movement in Razor, it's not going to happen. Razor is essentially an injection into the OSI client, which doesn't support smooth movement whatsoever. Sallos can make it work because it is a different client built from scratch.

other than that and not being able to say . recall home, I haven't noticed all that much.

Razor macro:

Cast Recall
Wait 1350ms
Absolute Target (your runebook that has your house set to the default location)

Honestly, I dont care.

I only use Razor and I dirt people whether they are using Sallos, Razor, or whatever.

I just voted no, 'cause Sallos has the smart loot, and recall thing.

I dont like it one bit, no sir.

Skywing;2027490 said:
Where are the left-click menus? I can't even left-click an NPC to buy or sell from a distance.

shift+left click

Skywing;2027490 said:
I can't even move the position of my game window without going into an undocumented file in my AppData folder because the options menu in Sallos is horrible.

shift+left click