UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rules Updated

Alkiser

Administrator
Rules Updated

Scripting (EasyUO, UO Autopilot, etc.)

All third party programs are illegal except Razor. Auto-Heal, Auto-Cure are illegal no matter how you do it.

If you character is showing signs of scripting, actions will be taken against you and your account.
Blocking Places

What is blocking: Blocking is attempt to prevent players from accessing an area by using items, your body, pets, or animals in game.

Blocking is illegal in most cases, please review below for some examples of illegal and legal blockings.

For legal blocking cases there must be a clearly visible path outside of the blocked area. This path must be visible at all times and the only thing that can be in the path are player bodies.

Example of Illegal Blocking: Sitting in front of the tailor shop in Britain for no reason.

Example of Illegal Blocking: Faction guard turreting, don't be dumb you know exactly what it means.

Example of Legal Blocking: Blocking Faction key points. (NOTE: If a ghost cannot leave the area the blocking is considered illegal)

Example of Legal Blocking: Four players boxing in a character so they can't move, while in combat.

All situations will be handled in a case by case basis. If you believe a character is blocking page only once about each area.

St George

Wanderer
Re: Rules Updated

Alkiser said:
Example of Legal Blocking: Blocking Faction key points. (NOTE: If a ghost cannot leave the area the blocking is considered illegal)

Could you please explain this a bit further? For example, could boxing a sigil with objects be legal? A ghost cant be in the area so it cannot be trapped but it sounds to me a bit lame. On the other hand being "fortified" behind some barrier that would block only your own faction's ghosts cannot be consider cheating against the ghost trapped since it's in your team's strategy.

And something else. Is blocking on purpose the tile where an other guy's rune point legal, or not?

Andre

Wanderer

St George said:
Could you please explain this a bit further? For example, could boxing a sigil with objects be legal? A ghost cant be in the area so it cannot be trapped but it sounds to me a bit lame. On the other hand being "fortified" behind some barrier that would block only your own faction's ghosts cannot be consider cheating against the ghost trapped since it's in your team's strategy.

And something else. Is blocking on purpose the tile where an other guy's rune point legal, or not?

It basically means, you can put down crates around the faction base, but there MUST be an obvious way in and out. No stacking boxes in the one door rooms in SL base for example, but you may lay them down around the area, as long as there is a way to freely move around.

Moosebish

Wanderer

What about at the top of steps? it's not a door way and ghosts can just jump down from the second floor...

Smithdude

Sorceror

Hey good job on all of the work your doing cleaning up the server. It's good to see rules being set in stone for all to see, instead of having grey areas. Once you have a sizable collection of your updated rules perhaps on the main uogamers page you should have a seperate tab just for rules. This way anyone who simply visits the main page will have the rules right there. Not everyone reads the forums, I know I didn't.

Alkiser said:

All third party programs are illegal except Razor. Auto-Heal, Auto-Cure are illegal no matter how you do it.​

Blocking Places

Under no circumstances should any common place be blocked by items, pets, or players. There are limits to this rule.

Example of Illegal Blocking: Sitting in front of the tailor shop in Britain for no reason.

Example of Illegal Blocking: Faction guard turrenting, don't be dumb you know exactly what it means.

Example of Legal Blocking: Four players boxing in a character so they can't move.

All situations will be handled in a case by case basis. If you believe a character is blocking page only once about each area.​
This has been long overdue.. I can see now Alkiser that you are for real... You are exactly what this server needs.. Someone to clean up all the shenanigans that i see day in and day out.. You the man..

Andre

Wanderer

Moosebish said:
What about at the top of steps? it's not a door way and ghosts can just jump down from the second floor...

Can they jump up from downstairs is the question to ask :)

Rudy Tamer

Wanderer

Alkiser said:

Example of Illegal Blocking: Faction guard turrenting, don't be dumb you know exactly what it means.

[/INDENT]

whats faction guard turrenting

cursis

Wanderer

Can we send rpv vids of scripted houses to alkiser? he seems to actually do shit around this place =\... not that the rest don't... but looks like he actually puts his hand down on rule breaking... not just lull about saying we may do something we may not...

cursis said:
Can we send rpv vids of scripted houses to alkiser? he seems to actually do shit around this place =\... not that the rest don't... but looks like he actually puts his hand down on rule breaking... not just lull about saying we may do something we may not...

i really dont think that sending rpvs to anyone of ppl scripting houses willl help we have all paged gm in game about it and all the gms say is there isnt enough proof that it was scripted(even thou u have a rvp of it happening)....but hey u never know

Moosebish

Wanderer

Can they jump up from downstairs is the question to ask

I dont understand what the point is of blocking is, if you can't actually block... It makes no sense, just say NO BLOCKING at all. You should just cut and paste the OSI rules to here... Because back on OSI all the rules were so different and now you say something and assume we know exactly what you are talking about.

I'd be interested to know how many of the GM's here played on the OSI servers AND were deeply involved in factions. Because it really seems like they have no clue about anything... I don't care about the facts, it's about experience...

well i remeber on osi that we used boxes and creates to block the ways in and out of the bases and nothing was every said hell its been part of factions sense the beggining to block was in and now u get ban for doing it?

Alkiser

Administrator

Thanks to all the players for pointing out my typo. It has been fixed.

As far as disallowing blocking in factions it has nothing to do with nerfing faction warfare it is to keep people from paging about being stuck. We do not have the time to deal with these types of pages all the time if you would like improvements to be made to the shard.