UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rp event - Assault on Zorum Barugh

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
-Assault on Zorum Barugh-

Date: August 13th-14th
Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm Mountain time

This is a two day event that will result in either the capture or defense of the RP island ("Zorum Barugh").

On day one the attackers will attempt to "storm the gates" of Zorum Barugh. The defenders with have three control points to secure and defend (west, south, and east entrances) marked in red. these control points will be marked with an object (flag) that will be colored the team color (marked in blue). The attackers will attempt to kill off the defenders and capture the control points, replacing the enemies flag with their teams flag. Fights will continue, and control points may be captured and defended until the allotted time is up. Teams in position of the control points at the end of the event will start out controlling them at the beginning of the next days event.

Armor - There are no restrictions for any armor types (except guild enforced)
Weapons - There are no restrictions for any weapon types (except guild enforced)
Potions - There are No restrictions for any potion type.
Ressing - If you are killed in battle it is up to your team to resurrect you. you may not use the wandering healers to res. you may be resurrected at any Control point your team controls, be aware if you res in the heat of battle you may be res-killed. if you wish to be resurrected without fear of res-killing you may retreat back to your teams "base" (marked in black)to be resed and re-equipped.
Looting - Loot to disarm your enemies (bandages, weapons, potions, regs). Each control point will also have a chest located nearby. these chests may be used to stash enemy equipment or to re-equip fallen allies. The chest of loot will go to the team controlling the Point at the end of the event.
Restrictions - Dragons/mares, Thieves, Casting of: Blade spirits, energy vortex, meteor swarm, chain lightning, Nox field, Fire field.

Day two the attackers will continue to assault Zorum Barugh, this time they will be looking to seize control of key buildings within Zorum Barugh (marked in red). Defenders will again attempt to maintain control of each point and keep their flags in place (marked in blue). fights will continue and control points may be captured or defended until the allotted time is up. If the attackers manage to control all three points they can push to finish the event early by taking and secureing the town bank (marked in green) for 30 min. If all control points are successfully taken the city is won and in control of the attacking team. the defending team may re-group and then become the attackers however control will not change hands again until the following week. Zorum Barugh will be in "control" of whichever team Holds the city at the end of the days event.This team will act as defenders for the next week.

Armor - There are no restrictions for any armor types (except guild enforced)
Weapons - There are no restrictions for any weapon types (except guild enforced)
Potions - There are No restrictions for any potion type.
Ressing - If you are killed in battle it is up to your team to resurrect you. you may not use the wandering healers to res. you may be resurrected at any Control point your team controls, be aware if you res in the heat of battle you may be res-killed. if you wish to be resurrected without fear of res-killing you may retreat back to safe zones (marked in black)to be resed and re-equipped.
Looting - Loot to disarm your enemies (bandages, weapons, potions, regs). Each control point will also have a chest located nearby. these chests may be used to stash enemy equipment or to re-equip fallen allies. The chest of loot will go to the team controlling the Point at the end of the event.
Restrictions - Dragons/mares, Thieves, Mounts, Casting of: Blade spirits, energy vortex, meteor swarm, chain lightning, Nox field, Fire field.

Special Note - In the event that Non-rp people invade we should stand as a united community and repel them. also keep in mind that YOU WILL BE LOOTED, so please dont bring anything you couldn't stand to lose. to the victor goes the spoils!

When does this start? What are the teams? I imagine it would be good/neutral humans vs the Horde, which would be Orcs, Undead, Vampires, Savages, and any other baddies.

An IRC for RPers on UOHybrid might be a good idea as well. I don't do well with that stuff but somebody should be able to figure it out.

Huah

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
the start date is to be determined. I mainly wanted to make sure everyone would participate. though as this requires almost no prep work to set up I was thinking the end of the month... so this sat-sun 30-31st. I will encourage all participants notify as many people as they can. HOOOWAH!

"Restrictions - meteor swarm, chain lightning, Nox field, Fire field.​
Why?"
These spells are a bit over powered for this event. it would end things pretty quickly. so in short: for the overall enjoyment of all in attendance.

Middle Man

Sorceror
looks fun. what happens if someone decides to crash the party? ie pks or anti pks? i might dust off my old tank and join in the fun

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
We stand united against anyone trying to ruin our fun. kill them chase them off whoever died should be resed and re-equip and then let things commence.
if they want to join a side and attempt at least a little RP before things kick off i wouldnt see an issue with it.

Vestros

Sorceror
ok i understand ev... and the ms.. bs.. and the other spells but the field spells is kinda a meh... ok i agree with the nox field but the fire field should be okay.... and you should consider banning para and para field and maybe e field.. so there isnt a constant cast at two of the entrances preventing movement..

Wildfyre

Wanderer
I see purple pots as a problem as well but that's up to you all to decide.

As to the guilds that will be joining in on this...I know the Yew Militia will be there. What other good guilds will we have with us? Anybody want to speak up for any other guilds that might want to get in on the planning of this?

Geezumcrow

Wanderer
As to the guilds that will be joining in on this...I know the Yew Militia will be there. What other good guilds will we have with us? Anybody want to speak up for any other guilds that might want to get in on the planning of this?

I'd be very surprised to not see a handful of RSB there.

Lol yea, lets not give anyone any sort of AoE.
oh, and macers cant use war hammers
oh, and hiders are not allowed to hide because that is obviously overpowered
oh, and no stealing just because i'm too lazy to stay in a group and kill the person snooping me
oh, and no dp weps thats obviously overpowered
oh, and no talking in orc because thats overpowered

I don't know if you guys get this, but this is one of the most balanced PvP shards to ever exist. Adding these random anti-mage rules just because you are too lazy to counter tactic is seriously depressing.

Wildfyre

Wanderer
oh, and no stealing just because i'm too lazy to stay in a group and kill the person snooping me

I don't know if you guys get this, but this is one of the most balanced PvP shards to ever exist. Adding these random anti-mage rules just because you are too lazy to counter tactic is seriously depressing.

It just makes me get more creative with other possible solutions. Some of which are probably going to be nastier than what is already restricted.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
Due to unforeseen events I'm going to have to push the event back a few weeks.

Hopefully this will give everyone the chance to more efficiently prepare for battle and gather members. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. I hope to see you all there for some fun and good battles.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
Pumping to remind others that this event is still on! please let me know if you or your guild will be dropping by as i believe that will promote activity.

The Bloodclan shall attend

Mana Dumper

Traveler

Dude those are the rules for the event and that is that..get over it.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
Mountain Time, 1 hour ahead of Pacific Time(US-Canada)
Mountain Time, 1 hour behind of Central Time(US-Canada)*
Mountain Time, 2 hours behind of Eastern Time(US-Canada)*