UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rez Hack??

Momoney

Sorceror
Rez Hack??

Just heard the expression REZ Hack which was being referred to as getting into a locked house.......??? Was hoping to get any info as to what this is and how it is done?
Thanks in Advance

DeViiaNt

Knight
Re: Rez Hack??

It's not a hack. It's the Sacrifice virtue (you can res anywhere at anytime once to twice per week with enough of the virtue filled).

DeViiaNt;1802200 said:
It's not a hack. It's the Sacrifice virtue (you can res anywhere at anytime once to twice per week with enough of the virtue filled).

gotta kill enuff shit to earn virtue points, takes a crap load of time.

Momoney

Sorceror

Do you know if this can be used to get inside a house? Or a way to secure a house from this being done?

awbs

Knight

As a ghost, the character walks through your doors. Once inside, they use the Sacrifice virtue to res themselves. To counter this, block off all doors and teleporters with crates or something that you cannot walk through.

Momoney

Sorceror

Is there another possible way to res inside a locked house without using Sacrifice virtue?

wkstrm

Lord

Don't think there is anoher way. I think before you could stand as a ghost in the doorway while your friend was rezzing you. This way you would get stuck in the door and could either walk in or out but that should be dissabled since long time.

Think they dissabled that back on OSI in uhm.. 99 maybe? Idk..

Momoney

Sorceror

Hmm, well someone has gotten into my house twice while I've been training Mares. I just thought the Sacrifice Virture was really hard to get and I woudn't think a person would waste two of them to get in my house.

wkstrm

Lord

Hmm.. Some people obviously thinks it's worth it. I've never tried to get sacrifice, but if I remember correctly you need to kill monsters and then sacrifice your fame repeaditly.

Momoney

Sorceror

Yea, thats what I thought. I have them in my journal saying it was a res-hack, that and the fact that their name isn't lord leads me to think it's not the Sacrifice. Thanks for the help and info though.

I think u can use bandies in some instances from an open side of the house or different open areas. Dont know how ur house is layed out. post a pic, and wel could give you some help how to prevent this from happening again.

Momoney

Sorceror

I've decided to redesign my house into a big box. Size is 18x18. Any thoughts on where I should put my training area?

Also, are Keeps safe to train Mares in?

wkstrm

Lord

Training area in the middle and on top floor or third floor. build walls around all floors and make them double. or tripple, should do it.

Keeps are somewhat safe. you can block the entrence with crates so no ghost can get in. thing is, if there are houses on the side of the keep they can build floors higher than the keep and throw spells at ya (bladespirits, ms, chainlightning). I don't think MS will hurt you though.

KoNNaN

Knight

there used to be a menu to res after you die and take stat/skill loss that would get you thru doors but I think they disabled that looong ago.

wkstrm

Lord

KoNNaN;1802350 said:
there used to be a menu to res after you die and take stat/skill loss that would get you thru doors but I think they disabled that looong ago.

yea, but that was something else. if you died and that menu poped up you could not move in the meanwhile.

Cefte

Sorceror

Momoney;1802306 said:
Yea, thats what I thought. I have them in my journal saying it was a res-hack, that and the fact that their name isn't lord leads me to think it's not the Sacrifice. Thanks for the help and info though.
By definition, you gain Sacrifice by sacrificing fame. Every time you do that your fame drops to zero. Most people stop at level 2, at which point they have a lot of the Virtue of Sacrifice and zero fame.

Someone with Sacrifice will only have high fame if they're in the process of training more Sacrifice, and you see them at a point where they haven't yet used up their once-every-24-hours chance to sacrifice fame for Sacrifice.