UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Removal of Bolas

What should be done about bolas?

• Completely Removed From Server

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Removed from Factions

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Nothing

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters

terathan33

Wanderer

just in case someone doesnt know sarcasm when they see it wu was joking

and if anyone says bolas arent countered well the price and time it takes to make them is that counter

you obviously havent ever made any before :<

F

first.class.mail

R a c e c a R said:
Still yet to read any true reasons why bolas should stay on the shard. All I'm reading is people saying I bitch too much. Bolas serve no real purpose other than to gain a gimp ass advantage in the field.

Some 20 people have voted nothing, but why? Still waiting for any legit reason. Are people afraid that with bolas gone they won't get any more kills? Are they that necessary in your PvP abilities that you can't handle yourself without them?

And Betty...this server isn't a pub 15/16 server...it takes shit from all aspects of UO and puts them together. And don't start talking about bitching...cause i know you've bitched about getting bola ganked by MdK in game and on the forums.

Now that I think of it they should stay.. I hardly ever get bola'd, and they are for the people who run like hell 1v1.. just makes it all that more fun to kill when they are trying to resist being dry looted :\

marshallFLA

Wanderer
first.class.mail said:
Now that I think of it they should stay.. I hardly ever get bola'd, and they are for the people who run like hell 1v1.. just makes it all that more fun to kill when they are trying to resist being dry looted :\

they may be FOR "the people who run like hell 1v1", but they're used on sight. you claim to not me much of a faction player, which would prove your logic. play in factions, you'll get bola'ed.

F

first.class.mail

I play factions.. along with tim, bam, juice, and faded.. not telling my name tho :eek:

Yiff

Wanderer
R a c e c a R said:
Guess what...nowadays the reason people are running is because they go to fight and end up bola'd. Not because they were running away, but because thats the first thing people do nowadays is bola.

very true

thats the reason why something needs to be done about em

Minimejgd

Wanderer
pwned.nl said:
no ones said a legit reason to get rid of them either, other then that they get ganked :<

Have you ever PvPed where bolas aren't involved? Even number fights where it's all based on skill not on knocking people off their mounts and/or sending animals on them? That's what i believe is true PvP and i know the majority of this server agrees. Where players fight each other using SKILLS in game. Does it take any skill what so ever to throw a bola...no. Magery is a skill, fencing is a skill...chugging pots, not a skill...but its a counter to chain poisons or the insane damage spells do on this shard. Bolas DO NOT have a PvP counter.
Everybody is saying the price counters bolas...hell no it doesnt. I've never even thought about making bolas before, because i've looted 100's here on UOGamers, so obviously someone is mass producing them easy. Oh and by the way, LuV doesn't have to produce them, most likely they are just given to them. Which in this case they have flooded the market with them...and truthfully i blame Krrios for this, because i know i've personally looted 100+ bolas off his characters alone(mostly from his GS when he played it). What good does pricing do when you can get them for free.

R a c e c a R said:
Have you ever PvPed where bolas aren't involved? Even number fights where it's all based on skill not on knocking people off their mounts and/or sending animals on them? That's what i believe is true PvP and i know the majority of this server agrees. Where players fight each other using SKILLS in game. Does it take any skill what so ever to throw a bola...no. Magery is a skill, fencing is a skill...chugging pots, not a skill...but its a counter to chain poisons or the insane damage spells do on this shard. Bolas DO NOT have a PvP counter.
Everybody is saying the price counters bolas...hell no it doesnt. I've never even thought about making bolas before, because i've looted 100's here on UOGamers, so obviously someone is mass producing them easy. Oh and by the way, LuV doesn't have to produce them, most likely they are just given to them. Which in this case they have flooded the market with them...and truthfully i blame Krrios for this, because i know i've personally looted 100+ bolas off his characters alone(mostly from his GS when he played it). What good does pricing do when you can get them for free.

if people run into even number fights and get bola'd they have no reason to run (enless its a tamer)

second this game doesnt involve skill when you have insane spell damage KUOC and everyone is on vent

(not that i would classify UO as skill to begin with but those 3 things really dont help the situation)

Minimejgd

Wanderer
Sir Elton John said:
if people run into even number fights and get bola'd they have no reason to run (enless its a tamer)

second this game doesnt involve skill when you have insane spell damage KUOC and everyone is on vent

(not that i would classify UO as skill to begin with but those 3 things really dont help the situation)

Well, even number no pets youll be fine...but the beetles always come out and fuck you up. Ya, the spell damage is insane here...and PlayUO is gay. The vent thing is just good team work.

UO skill is pretty much key crunching...but PvP is fun...well can be fun when people don't fuck it all up.

R a c e c a R said:
Well, even number no pets youll be fine...but the beetles always come out and fuck you up. Ya, the spell damage is insane here...and PlayUO is gay. The vent thing is just good team work.

UO skill is pretty much key crunching...but PvP is fun...well can be fun when people don't fuck it all up.

i believe playuo is the biggest problem at the moment but thats just my opinion =p