UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Removal of Bolas

What should be done about bolas?

• Completely Removed From Server

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • Removed from Factions

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Nothing

Votes: 34 33.0%

• Total voters

Minimejgd

Wanderer
Removal of Bolas

Alright this is what I have to say. Call it bitching if you want to, but I believe this is what needs to happen for PvP. Bolas need to be wiped from the server, completely. What purpose do they serve? They ruined PvP back when mares were godly and bola tamers roamed the shard. So they nerfed mares. Now they really only serve as a means of slowing down someone to either gank or send a beetle on or whatever. Truthfully, I think I've only died maybe 3-4 times when bola'd in the past month, but I see people die all the time and as a member of MdK i know we've used them on occasions too.

Bolas is an epidemic just like Purple pots awhile back...they are being abused...and as usual those abusing it are admin and friends. It's understandable why they are used...easier kills. However, it's gotten to the point where people just bola say all kill and magic arrow...that's it and it kills people. That's sad, it's not pvp. With the removal of bolas...those people who roll in smaller groups or even solo have a chance to run from the giant zergs of UOGamers. Right now, if you are outnumbered...you really don't have the ability to win a fight. I used to love being outnumbered in fights, it's a challenge yet possible to accomplish. There were guilds at one point who could take anybody even with small numbers...PF for example. They could time dumps, x-heal, work well as a team and win. Now, those teams that use bolas win. Items and animals should not win battles...skill should.

Maybe...they just need to be removed from factions...maybe reds should have the ability, i dont know. But at least for factions these things need to go. Please refrain from flaming this post...if you agree or disagree, constructive feedback is what i want to hear.

I could see them being removed from the server. When I started here I was like, "WTF is a bola," and now you can't go 5 minutes without seeing one or hearing about someone dying because of one.

But I voted for just removing them from Factions. Mostly because I kinda like the added challenge to solo PKing. If some guy drops off his mount and bolas me when I'm on an ethy, it's fancy footwork, or I'm waxed. Or if I do a couple ride-bys and don't get to loot, but can drop a guy each time, maybe the next time they'll have a bola and get sweet revenge. It's added diversity to the game, so I like it.

But in Factions I definitely agree that it has gone beyond "use" and crossed the line into "abuse".

Completely Removed From Server
Removed from Factions
Nothing

instead of nothing maybe "i like it how it is"

dont want to confuse anyone :>

F

first.class.mail

I voted nothing, BECAUSE I only think they should be removed from factions only, people run alot more in factioning then in pking.

Minimejgd

Wanderer
first.class.mail said:
I voted nothing, BECAUSE I only think they should be removed from factions only, people run alot more in factioning then in pking.

Learn to read...one of the choices was to remove from factions only.

Jenova-gl

Sorceror
Uh...there was an option for "removal from factions"

Its hardcore abused, everyone knows it, why are they even on this shard? This shard is about the best aspects of UO thrown together, bolas definitely wasnt one of the best aspects.

F

first.class.mail

do NOT make fun of me.. uhh my contacts blurred my vision!

Megumi

Wanderer
How about some ideas that don't remove them?
The tactics requirement for example. I'm pretty sure this has been suggested.

People are addicted to throwing bolas.
Tactics were required on OSI to throw them, but on OSI people also did not have 3 tamers.

okay we will go over this step by step

after someone bolas you

#1 say all follow me (in game not out loud i dont want any confusion)

#2 hit your macro to get on your pet

#3 okay now you need to make sure your hand is on the mouse

#4 click the right button on the mouse and hold it make sure you dont let it go

#5 okay this is the hard part you need to aim your mouse in the direction you want to go

it will make your character run

might take some practice but im sure you will get the hang of it

JenSlade

Wanderer
Honestly I use bola's on EVERY single one of my chars...even my mule crafter has 2 bola's on him just incase...but I voted remove them. Although it does make me laugh when I get bola'd and its 10 vs 1 gank.... I really dont think anyone will care that much if bola's are gone. Just go back to para ganks...

Jenova-gl

Sorceror
Sir Elton John said:
okay we will go over this step by step

after someone bolas you

#1 say all follow me (in game not out loud i dont want any confusion)

#2 hit your macro to get on your pet

#3 okay now you need to make sure your hand is on the mouse

#4 click the right button on the mouse and hold it make sure you dont let it go

#5 okay this is the hard part you need to aim your mouse in the direction you want to go

it will make your character run

might take some practice but im sure you will get the hang of it

What about people that ride ethereals, or people that arent in factions and cant use warhorses so their mounts die in 1-2 spells, and what about chain bolaing with a 5+ man gank squad or how about the fact that you have about about a 2 second delay before you can get back on your horse (which is plenty of time for even 2 decent pvpers to kill someone or at least stun them for the killl).

I shouldn't be forced to bond warhorses and swamp dragons on all my characters so I can fight bola ganks (and still die most of the time, people can just sit there waiting with another bola and you have to wait out another delay)

Dbknn

Wanderer
After getting ganked by 12 reds using bolas at the cem i voted removed from game. they failed to killed me in 5 bola attempts.. how can 12 people suck that badly? no idea.
eventually i died and its not pvp to be constantly forced to run because people are too scared to fight fairly