UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Razor

Re: Razor

Looks like, with the 7.x client, also some packets got a change:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-cutting-edge-uo-assistant/98350-sa-world-packet-new-post.html

I bet RunUO has to do changes too, even in the packet redefinition and for a minimal support of SA, at least to say "if one choose to be a gargoyle = do him human and say gargoyles are still not supported"...

When Razor will support 7.x, remember to build a mausoleum in the Ter Mur facet for Zippy, Mark, Ryan and other devs I don't know or I don't remember :)

psz

Administrator

If it's anything like previous updates, you'll just get a message saying you need an SA account (That's how it worked before Ninja, Samurai, Necro, Paladin, and Elves were coded in)

psz;623745 said:
If it's anything like previous updates, you'll just get a message saying you need an SA account (That's how it worked before Ninja, Samurai, Necro, Paladin, and Elves were coded in)

even better :)

psz

Administrator

Basically, without the proper packets, the client just reads it as "This account isn't new enough", and prevents the creation. This is the same as if you try to create an Elf on a Pre-AOS RunUO server. You'll get a message.

There's no need to change the packets in RunUO until such time as RunUO will support SA (don't hold your breath). So, once Razor is updated, that's pretty much all that will be needed.

Sinfire

Wanderer

When I try to log in to demise using razor I get the following message:

Razor was unable to initialize. Error code:NO_MEMCOPY
Description: Could not copy packet lengths and/ or encryption information from the client.
Cause: Your client version may not be compatible with this version of razor. You must update your client to at least 4.0.0.

My setup version is - 1.46.0.3(5) As I am a bit suckish when it comes to the interworkings of computers I am unsure as to what I should do... Any help would be awesome!!

Thanx.
P.S. I enjoi demise immensely
Sinfire is offline Reply With Quote

Sinfire;623982 said:
Any help would be awesome!!

the answer is exactly the topic of this thread. Razor is uncompatible with 7.x clients now.
But Ryan is telling the dev team is really near to pass through this...

Sinfire

Wanderer

I did nothing (which is good because if when I mess with things internally on my comp things go very wrong) and this morning I was able to log into demise using razor.

So great work :)
Peace.

gugutz

Knight

Razor (v1.0.12.*) Changelog:

Razor is a FREE program. Unlike competing programs like UOAssist, Razor does not charge any money at all and provides even more features. Razor is now available on the regular OSI servers for unlimited accounts absolutely free. But Razor needs your help! Razor is now accepting donations over PayPal. UOAssist (a similar program, but for OSI servers only) costs $15 PER ACCOUNT while Razor is FREE for UNLIMITED ACCOUNTS. Your donation of $5 or $10 (or any amount!) is LESS than you would pay for a similar program! Donations are greatly appreciated and will help ensure that the developers continue to improve and maintain this fine product.
Donate via PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/xclick/busin..._shipping=1&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD

Please report any and all bugs you encounter at http://www.runuo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Changes/Fixes:
-Support for 7.x clients.

Update now and enjoy :>

psz

Administrator

As of this morning, Razor will auto-patch when you use it. This patch adds support for 7.x series of clients (it's tested with 7.0.0.2).

It is, as usually, recommended that everyone updates to the latest client and latest Razor.

psz

Administrator

Another new version of Razor has just been released.

This fixes a problem on OSI.

(If Razor doesn't autoupdate, wait about 3 hours, or run the updater.exe manually)

Khephren

Knight

This is wonderfull.... I hesitated this morning but I can't wait to get home to see what that 7.x gives more :)

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

i had no problems using the 6.0.14.3
i patched it to 7.0.0.2 and razor got updated.
i got 7 client errors in 3 minutes in the gaunlet..