UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Poll regarding factions

Should we reset the faction memberships?

• I dont play factions

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 132 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Ryan

Poll regarding factions

As our testing of factions comes to an end, we have been contemplating some cleanup of the faction teams.

My proposal is what we will be presenting to you the players of factions right now.

We think in order to get factions to where they are fair, and numbers back to an even playing ground everyone should be removed from factions and rejoin. This way the players that all rushed over to join TB because it was right there that no longer play do not affect the numbers of faction players.

Basically this is a poll we are leaving up to you. Please vote honestly in this poll as it affects the entire shard.

Ryan

Obe[IC]

Wanderer
It'd kick anyone and everyone out of factions.
So yes, nobody would have points anymore.

Honestly. I'd have to agree with this system. Considering theres so many inactive/dead/deleted accounts that are still in somehow.

Miral007

Wanderer
yea start factions all over the current situation is crap...

and rebalance pvp while yer at it so its not just mages in factions

Fatality

Sorceror
Also, Id suggest making the point transfer command to take ALOT more faction points, maybe 2 at a time, as you loose 1 :) this way you can use the command for what it was made for, you reward your friend for helping you :)

Fatality

Sorceror
Okay heres whats going on, Ive heard it from many people

- The reason the factions are so unbalanced and screwy is because people dont have the heart to do things and take chances.

- Their afraid to guard and cant stand the 18 hours

Maybe try lowering the times? creating a fast pace faction game i mean, our playerbase is well in the 400-500s but most are trammys :<

R

Ryan

Fatality said:
Okay heres whats going on, Ive heard it from many people

- The reason the factions are so unbalanced and screwy is because people dont have the heart to do things and take chances.

- Their afraid to guard and cant stand the 18 hours

Maybe try lowering the times? creating a fast pace faction game i mean, our playerbase is well in the 400-500s but most are trammys :<

I think I dub thee "The Oracle" since thou doest know so much.

I voted no, because it's up to the player's to clean up the mess we made, I feel if we "fucked" up factions then we need to fix it, I don't think its right for the staff to make EVERYTHING better... But either way you go i really dont care... Points mean nothing to me.

Also - Dont change any of the system to make it easier on anyone,, thats gay.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror
Ryan I know we have a a mess here in factions but some of these faction players only play now anyways for the points because its something that we work for and be proud of. I know not all of us are on OC148's and cant get points easily as some of these people would flame and say THEY ARE EASY TO GET. I think that if you do this then factions will loose what little luster it has. I think you should reconsider what your doing and if this does go through then give players insentive to be in factions. Make it alittle more fast paced maybe? Points arent the easiest to come by and thats due to what little faction action we have already. And I dont want to emphasize that much on points anyway. We have dedicated guilds to factions and I think its going to through everything out of whack. Please if this does go through make more insentive for people to join so it wont be so mind wrecking to get what we had back. Just clean up inactive players and what not. If people have -4 - -6 then bootem.

Dont flame me for my opinion it is a poll and this is just how I feel about it.

bretticus5

Wanderer
heres a thought GMs. limit the amount of members per faction to say 25 (give or take a few i dont know how many are in factions). Upon request to join a certain faction a prompt will comeup. "this faction is full." or it "unbalances others." then a menu with other factions that currently have an insignificant amount of members on their rosters. those seeking membership in a faction could then find one that is lacking in members and join it.

Ejin

Wanderer
i agree with fark...

There should b a rule where u have to b over 4x to join or so...

Then nubies would fill up the factions and the decent ppl woundlt be able to join for the fact its too full =\

Erik-

Wanderer
Ryan I know we have a a mess here in factions but some of these faction players only play now anyways for the points because its something that we work for and be proud of. I know not all of us are on OC148's and cant get points easily as some of these people would flame and say THEY ARE EASY TO GET. I think that if you do this then factions will loose what little luster it has. I think you should reconsider what your doing and if this does go through then give players insentive to be in factions. Make it alittle more fast paced maybe? Points arent the easiest to come by and thats due to what little faction action we have already. And I dont want to emphasize that much on points anyway. We have dedicated guilds to factions and I think its going to through everything out of whack. Please if this does go through make more insentive for people to join so it wont be so mind wrecking to get what we had back. Just clean up inactive players and what not. If people have -4 - -6 then bootem.

If getting points matters that much to people, maybe we shoulden't have them either.

^Rv

Wanderer
Erik- said:
If getting points matters that much to people, maybe we shoulden't have them either.

That would be neat. Im sick of fighting in groups where people are just worried about "the point" and not just straight out owning.

Maybe the points should just go to the faction. Like when I kill someone a get a point, the point just goes to the Minax faciton.. sorta a way to still see who is "winning"

I also like the idea of making the sigel holding time less. Holding those things for 18 hours is crazy. Its fun.. but its just such a long time to hold those things.