UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[POLL] 2D client VS 3D client (2007)

Do you prefer the 2d or 3d client?

• 2D

Votes: 152 92.7%
  • 3D

Votes: 12 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [POLL] 2D client VS 3D client (2007)

what it looks like is 3d chars in a 2d world and thats worse than 3d, thtas like waching roger rabbit.

Daeiren

Wanderer

luftwaffe;1542107 said:
what it looks like is 3d chars in a 2d world and thats worse than 3d, thtas like waching roger rabbit.

Agreed, it seems abstracted almost.

Soulcatcher

Wanderer

3d could have been cool, if it had let you change your physical characteristics like other 3d MMOs but everyone just looked like starving etheopian giants.

Yes to who ever said they ran funny.

2D Baby!!!

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Don't get me wrong, 3D is nice for a change, but 2D has my preference. It just feels more like UO. Also, the 3D client looks like shit.

gaznox

Wanderer

Third Dawn was the worst expansion. All the 3D did was make everything run half as fast and look half as good.

2D hands down. Problem is if you ever try to get a friend or someone into the game they are immediately turned off by the graphics.

"omg diz game iz shit. itz got bad grafix n stuff"

All because of WoW, UO is finding it harder to compete without being criticized about its graphics :(

UOGSales

Wanderer

Most stupiderest poll ever..

It's like answering "Cake or Death?" only without the funny bit.

Varda Sirith

Wanderer

I think the exisiting 3-D client for UO is shite but the Kingdom Reborn client actually looks fairly playable. I'd give it a whirl (Then probably switch quickly back to 2-d! =P ).

Has anyone ever checked out the Iris 3-d client? It's full on 3-D - you can even go 1st person. Pretty cool stuff. Don't know how playable it would be one you get 800+ people on a shard but still a nice job by the developers.

samuricex

Sorceror

Never liked the 3D client. It always felt slower and laggier, even though it wasn't... it was just weird that way to me.

miked50

Wanderer

[[[2d]]]
2d is less laggy andi think it looks more 3d than 3d does lol

Paroxysmus

Wanderer

Are we talking about original 3d client or the new KR client. Both are horribly laggy but at least KR looks like they actually put "some" effort into making it. I really don't know why OSI is trying to make their game to me more like Warcraft (elves, quests, gay ass new crafting system) If people want to play a warcraftish game they will probably just umm... PLAY WARCRAFT. People play UO because they prefer it the way it is too the newer games so why screw that up? I dunno, EA's good at that.

But umm.. definatly prefer 2d.

Paroxysmus

Wanderer

Varda Sirith;1645079 said:
Has anyone ever checked out the Iris 3-d client? It's full on 3-D - you can even go 1st person. Pretty cool stuff. Don't know how playable it would be one you get 800+ people on a shard but still a nice job by the developers.

Wow just looked up screenshots for that after I read your post and have to say it looks pretty amazing. Is it just used for certain shard or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.