UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[POLL] 2D client VS 3D client (2007)

Do you prefer the 2d or 3d client?

• 2D

Votes: 152 92.7%
  • 3D

Votes: 12 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich

Wanderer
[POLL] 2D client VS 3D client (2007)

Lets get your serious answers, for some reason I couldn't create polls in the general discussion, so I put it here :D -- I know the 3D client is not impossible to use, but we still want to know your preferences!

List supporting details on your client with brackets [[[Make sure you tell us which client you voted for]]]

* 1 2d is the way UO was in 1997 and it is how it should remain.
* 2 2d characters don't look like giants
* 3 and so on
* 4 and so on
* 5 etc etc

VS

The old thread -- http://www.uogamers.com/forum/general-discussion/68083-vote-2d-client-3d-client.html

Lets see what the 2007 turnout is.

Re: [POLL] 2D client VS 3D client (2007)

2D all the way. The 3d one was horrible, it was laggy, the running animation was just retarded looking, oh and I like old school looking games more than the new eye candy ones.

Daeiren

Wanderer

I've never played in the 3d client, so I wouldn't know.

But based off the images you linked, I prefer the 2d client.

I like the feel of 2d UO.

It's not even 3d. It's 2D with glassier graphics and new shadows giving the illusion of 3Dedness.

And the 2D pulls off that illusion just fine.

Daeiren

Wanderer

TheTalentedMrZing;1541607 said:
It's not even 3d. It's 2D with glassier graphics and new shadows giving the illusion of 3Dedness.

And the 2D pulls off that illusion just fine.

I agree, the 3d client seems... to be like... It seems, like, less real. If you know what I mean.

2D all the way the only thing that looks better in 3D is the trees everyting else just looks Frankenstein-ish

Daeiren

Wanderer

xjoewhitex;1541666 said:
2d for sure, that picture of the 3d actually looks worse in my opinion.

I agree. The 3d picture looks more pixely.

Lucien Jr.

Sorceror

The Third Dawn 3D client is dogshit. The client used for Kingdom Reborn is what should have been released with Third Dawn. The Third Dawn client looks like it was made with bastard graphics from the first generation Playstation.

beelzebub

Knight

i kind of like the way certain things look on the 3d engine, like spells and clothes and stuff, but PVP... impossible on 3d. you get tripped up by every rock, tree, stump, or ladybug that might pass through your path. its pretty gay.

2d all the way, my niggah

Rexation

Wanderer

The only reason the lord blackthorn's revenge expansion was any good was it added 2d client access to ilshenar on OSI (before that you -had- to use 3d, needless too say not many people went to ilshenar). The new crap monsters it added were dumb, but that one change made it almost worthwhile (well for the hour a week I went to ilshenar or whatever, anyway).

I've said it before, I'll say it again, that 3d client is pain.

Nicolai

Sorceror

Despite the fact that it needs not be said as it is undeniable fact, I will say it; The 3D client is pure retardation at its fullest.

2d for life. It's just too much work. House deco wouldn't look right, nothing would be the same, you couldn't tell what other people are seeing if they're using the other client, it's too laggy, looks like crap for the most part, ect ect ect.

Daeiren

Wanderer

Black Thunder;1542081 said:
2D 37 100.00%
3D 0 0%

The people have spoken.

Yea.

Nobody likes 3d.

Lol. I haven't tried it. I'm glad I haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.