UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Poisoning Guide

Pete

Wanderer
Poisoning Guide

Wow. PAIN. IN. THE. ASS.

This skill is handsdown the hardest skill to raise no matter what anyone says. Maybe, just MAYBE, if someone was constantly supplying you with the BIJILLLION kegs you needed, it'd be a little faster, but since this isn't the case, prepare to make an Alchy, and sell your body for Nightshade. Anyway, as far as poisoning goes, it's a fairly simple regiment, and looks a lot easier then it is.

0-30: Buy from a Thief GM (I found one in Minoc Fel, near the big Statue west of the Bank)
30-40: Lesser Poison
40-55(60): Poison. The reason I put 60 is because on one char I couldnt switch to GP at 55, and had to wait a bit. On the other I switched at 55 no problem... go figure
55(60)-95+: Greater Poison. I'm still doing Greater Poison at 96.0, and gaining abou t.3 to .4 a keg. This might seem like not a lot, and it is.... but it takes about 400 NS to make a keg of GP, and about 4k-5k NS to make a keg of DP. You do the math
95+-100: Deadly Poison. I'm sure at somepoint my magical GP gains will stop, but until then I'm whoring them out, simply out of the stubborness of not wanting ot make DP pots.

It's taken me...... an assload of NS to do this. And lot's of kegs. Well, no, I've been doing it offa 8 kegs, but still. Anyway, Good luck with it, it's a huge pain in the ass. So, grab you money, grab your kegs, and GET TO IT!

On a side note, please train poisoning while at 100 Skill Total as you will get better gains at low skill total.

IMax

Wanderer
I couldnt agree more, it is no shit the hardest to GM.
and onething it piss me off, once u get 100 poison and u cast at someone, u still fail sometimes(even at a very close range). :(

Thanks for that m8, sounds like a hell of a lot of work :( and to think I groaned about Taming LOL

You do know that orange petals (I think thay are) give 5 minutes of total saftey per petal, so may not be great for PvP.

Whats Poisioning like for PvM?

Havagrim

Wanderer
Orange petals dont work on leathal poison (?).

And to bad I already reached total skill cap with my poisoner.. Will be many hours of macroing for this hehe...

Nania

Wanderer
okay I'm done now... took me aprox 21 hours of non-stop macroing.
I had an alchemist make me pots, so I didn't need to pause my macro for that.

Havagrim said:
Orange petals dont work on leathal poison (?).

They dont? I used them at a Champ Spawn on OSI once, and it was nearly all poision stuff never got poisioned tho.

Any body know about Lethal?

Havagrim

Wanderer
Im not sure about this.. So someone with more knowlege should answer. But I THINK, that when you are gm poisoner, and you inflict a poison strike upon someone with orange petals, you do one lvl less poison. For instance, strike with leathal, and it would be greater. (?)

Hardstyler85

Wanderer
I belive its when youre GM poisoner and strike with greater poison, you have a chance to hit with deadly instead, and if you hit with deadly you have a chance of hitting with lethal

Orange petels make you immune to all poison levels EXCEPT LP (same as VE)
Infectious strike is also skill based now cus if you have 50 poisoning you cant do higher than DP with a DP wep (I think)

blajban

Sorceror
Actually, i just gmd poisoning, and found it to be quite easy.

50-65: poison
65-98.5(100?): greater poison
(98.5-100): deadly poison

I didnt keep exact track of how many kegs that were used, but i would say about ~8 poison kegs, ~15 greater poison, and half a keg of deadly. The reason i started using deadly at 98.5 wasnt that i stopped gaining, it was simply because i ran out of greater, and only had deadly left. Not sure if you can gm with greater, but its possible to go beyond 98.5 in my opinion.
Also, i did this on a fresh character.

Havagrim

Wanderer
Yep I found it easier than I tought aswell. And I did kinda like you. Switched to deadly at 98 something.

I had a harder time gaining in Lumberjacking hehe..

Andzx

Wanderer
What is the macro you used? I was trying to make soemthing nice with razor, but it sorta didnt go well...so there are few poisoning scripts at easyuo.com but sorta some didn't work well for me. AAnyone can hlp me out?

Havagrim

Wanderer
I do it with razor.

What I do is this:

Open razor, choose to record a macro (name it psn or something). Then, you dbclick a keg (you should have atleast one in your backpack if yer gonna gm this skill, along side with one or two bottles), then you choose the skill psn, and click the bottle, then the weapon you wanna psn. Now, you stop the macro. Now, you need to set your first target (the psn bottles) to target as type. Do this by right clicking them and choosing it.
Then you can insert a paus, just right click in the bottom of your macro, and choose insert a pause. Set it to 9000 (9 sec) about what it takes before you can psn again.

Your macro should now look something like this:

Double click (keg (1940))
UseSkill Poisoning
Wait for target
Target by Type Green Potion (OF0A
Absolute Target
Pause 9,00sec

This is how my macro looks, and worked nice for me. Good luck, and I hope what I said made sence hehe..

Andzx

Wanderer
Havagrim said:
I do it with razor.

What I do is this:

Open razor, choose to record a macro (name it psn or something). Then, you dbclick a keg (you should have atleast one in your backpack if yer gonna gm this skill, along side with one or two bottles), then you choose the skill psn, and click the bottle, then the weapon you wanna psn. Now, you stop the macro. Now, you need to set your first target (the psn bottles) to target as type. Do this by right clicking them and choosing it.
Then you can insert a paus, just right click in the bottom of your macro, and choose insert a pause. Set it to 9000 (9 sec) about what it takes before you can psn again.

Your macro should now look something like this:

Double click (keg (1940))
UseSkill Poisoning
Wait for target
Target by Type Green Potion (OF0A
Absolute Target
Pause 9,00sec

This is how my macro looks, and worked nice for me. Good luck, and I hope what I said made sence hehe..
THat was excact same thing i tried, but didn't work, maybe i did something wrong, gotta try once more.

By the way, how long it take's to emply a keg?

Heh and what if you get poisoned?!

blajban

Sorceror
this is the razor macro i used, pretty simple, requires you to manually change kegs, and probably contains way too many pauses, cant remember why theyre there, but i recall putting them there for a reason.

Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|6464|True
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|30
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|3850
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1075112129|99|88|0|4155
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|3|255|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3847|True
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:09

:eek:

Havagrim

Wanderer
Andzx.. If you get psnd, you heal yourself, die or have another char loop a cure/heal macro on you ;)

I dont remember how long it takes to empty a keg. I do the macro, and change the kegs manually when its empty. Did an alchy at the same time, so I had him GM alchy while i macroed psn, thus making psn kegs.
If it did not work for you, even tough you used the same kind of macro, I have no clue on what you did wrong :/