UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Pirates

Selkie

Sorceror
Pirates

Yarrrrrr!

Tha Pirates o' Minoc Bay be acceptin' lads an' lasses who're bored o' the normal walks o' life!

Bring yer treasure hunter, bring yer thief, bring yer fisherman, bring yer monster-clubber! We be acceptin' all types, lads, an' we be a glorious pot o' brewin' ale jus' waitin' to unleash itself all over tha hapless peoples o' these parts!

If ye ever wished ye were a true pirate, get in touch with me, lads, an' I'm sure we can join ranks. Tha pirates is up fer anythin', includin' champs, Doom, eatin' grass, pokin' wisps with torches - ye name it an' we most probably'll like the sounds o' it!

So come on ye landlubbers! Set fire to yer house, grab a boat with a big ol' dragon on her frontside, and let's get ta plunderin'!

SirSotam

Sorceror
Re: Pirates

Hall'o Demisians...
We are'yarr looking for more pirates tha join along with Us! If Ya lad Think yarr have whats needed for o'bekome a part of Tha pirates of minoc bay, Wait no longer lad.
Yall count on a lot yarr fun drinking, killing , and stealing with us, our bar is found in yew gate Trammel.
Ya can Pm the pirate lord, Selkie on foruns, or me.
Thank thee for yarr atention:

BlackBeard[YARG]

Two Wolves

Knight

Monstermug;708946 said:
Arrr, so ye be wantin' t' go to sea an' ye don't be wantin' t' end up in Davy Jones' Locker. Then ye best be learnin' t' be talkin' like a buccaneer.

http://www.syddware.com/cgi-bin/pirate.pl (pirate translator)

There she be jus' a-walkin' down th' street. Singin' do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do.

Thanks for that! Now we know.

Pirates of Minoc Bay have a guild forum on RP Ring. That contains all their piratical information. Wait...

Shipmates o' Minoc Bay be havin' a guild forum on RP Rin'. That contains all the'r piratical information.

That was not so good. Anyway, here is the link. RP Ring is a UOGamers sponsored web site.

http://www.rpring.com/index.php?/forum/128-pirates-of-minoc-bay-evil/

LaRue

Squire

Ahoy Mateys why am I not seeing any of you on the high seas.... I be sailing the seas gathering my loot on the seas without a concern in the world!!! :eek:

Selkie

Sorceror

Yarrrrrrr...

The problem is that the roleplaying situation here on Demise is less than ideal. Seems like every Summer things kick up and everyone plays a bunch and there's fun random encounters, but the rest of the year, people just randomly get on for a few moments each week.

On top of that, I found recruiting more pirates to be quite a challenge. Demise is too gear-heavy and skill-oriented for people to care much for RP, I've noticed. If you don't have 120 in your main skills and fully decked out in arties, you're worthless. With certain RP guilds not condoning that mindset while others do, it makes for an uneven playing field even amongst the RPers.

Also, Trammel. Almost everyone is in Trammel, unless they're a PK. Due to this, pirating on the high seas is made much more difficult. A random encounter on the sea is a hard enough occurrence, but a random encounter in the scarcely populated Felucca is more impossible still.

My guild eventually dwindled to just Blackbeard and I, and while others are still in the guild, no one is very active anymore. If a certain avenue were to open up and it were possible for pirates to become a part of more frequent happenings, then it would be wonderful to put the houses we made to use.

Hell, I've even still got an ancient SOS and a ton of maps/SOSs to complete.

Fencermonkey

Sorceror

Sorry to hear that this is how it turned out for you. It's a bit of a longshot, but you might try pirating around that one champion that people like to blockade with boats.

Selkie

Sorceror

Not a bad suggestion. One that could, perhaps, result in a rollicking good time. At the expense of others, of course.

The problem remains, however, that I'd be alone on me boat! A crew's necessary for any kind of true pirating.

LaRue

Squire

Selkie.. would you consider an alliance.. I only fish in Fel.. my fishing shack is in fel.. I have yet to see a single soul... come find me and steal my bounty and steal my boats.. hehe I dare you .. :p

Im really starting to get into the idea of role playing.. although not sure I am very good at it!!

SirSotam

Sorceror

Ma'a Lord? ;ooooooo

how been thee lad?
good to see ya , at last after been me r looking for you... at last ma'a lord..

LaRue

Squire

SirSotam;724277 said:
Ma'a Lord? ;ooooooo

how been thee lad?
good to see ya , at last after been me r looking for you... at last ma'a lord..

hmmmm except I am your Lady!!

Selkie

Sorceror

I think Sotam meant me, LaRue. He's one of the two pirates that stuck with me when things started falling apart, and he's still as active as ever, it seems.

An alliance isn't a bad idea. It almost seems like the pirates need to get into straight PvP if anything worthwhile's going to happen. I mean we could do treasure hunts, which sounds wonderful, or go kill people at Champ spawns, but - again - all of this requires a crew.

Plus, pirates PvPing on the land begs the question of where the hell's the boat? And that's a question that I would love to answer. We've got boats, and we'd sure use them if anyone else was out on the waters for us to mess with.