UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Pets killing me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundoom

Sorceror
Re: Pets killing me!!

2 things i see as being the solution to this

1. You haven't fed your damn pets so they'll be happy and listen to you
2. Instead of using macros to order your pets, try the optional click on your pets to guard/follow you (also try typing the actual pets name and give a command)

of course, the 2nd doesn't work either way if your pets hate you (try Animal; Lore your pets)

Catnip

Sorceror

Sundoom;760791 said:
2 things i see as being the solution to this

1. You haven't fed your damn pets so they'll be happy and listen to you
2. Instead of using macros to order your pets, try the optional click on your pets to guard/follow you (also try typing the actual pets name and give a command)

of course, the 2nd doesn't work either way if your pets hate you (try Animal; Lore your pets)

1. No pets are constantly fed.
2. Ordered pets both ways.
It's a being in a guild issue.

Catnip

Sorceror

Bama;760769 said:
^^^^^^^
That should not be the solution

You all are doing something wrong (or mean to these pets)
Anyway
I have the pet kill something as it is battling I recall out the pet does not attack me after we are both removed from the fight
I am guilded (mmm TACO)

I've resolved it. It's a being guilded and removing the pet from battle BEFORE it kills something or it dies. Example...moving to another area while the pet is in combat, going down stairs, through a door, etc Pet is still in combat, but unable to see it's original target.
I've been walking through areas while pets are in guard, through low level spawn to get to a better area where recalling in is impossible. So you HAVE to walk through. Prior to being guilded, I could walk through the spawn to another area with the pet not finishing a battle no problem. Now being guilded it's totally different.

Bama

Bug Huntress

Catnip;760920 said:
It's a being in a guild issue.

Catnip;760922 said:
I've resolved it. It's a being guilded and removing the pet from battle BEFORE it kills something or it dies. Example...moving to another area while the pet is in combat, going down stairs, through a door, etc Pet is still in combat, but unable to see it's original target.
I've been walking through areas while pets are in guard, through low level spawn to get to a better area where recalling in is impossible. So you HAVE to walk through. Prior to being guilded, I could walk through the spawn to another area with the pet not finishing a battle no problem. Now being guilded it's totally different.

My screen shots clearly show that is not the case
I am in a guild
I remove the pet from combat before it finishes a kill.In fact it is fighting two things
I tell it to
Follow me
Guard me
Kill
Recall out while it fights a titan and cyclops
Tell it to
Follow me
Guard me
Though the titan dies the cyclops is still alive and
my pet does not attack me

Cuthbert

Wanderer

Was this ever resolved? I am having this problem with my Hiryu suddenly. I am NOT in a guild, the pet is fully fed and my taming is at 108. I do NOT recall out. The pet killed the enemies and then simply started to attack me. I was in Trammel at the time. Any thoughts?

Nucklez

Squire

I've not ran into this yet, except after I first tame something that is already pissed at me. The beetles always do it since I have to beat them into submission first, and Greater Dragons tend to wack me if I get too close. All right after a fresh tame though. I've never had them turn on me unless I've mistakenly attacked them during the battle. That sucks when you cast heal on your GD then you cast fireball and hit your last target macro in the heat of battle. That will turn the battle around really quick if you don't hit the All Stay macro fast enough. :) I know razor has a smart last target, maybe I'll start using that.

Catnip

Sorceror

Cuthbert;803103 said:
Was this ever resolved? I am having this problem with my Hiryu suddenly. I am NOT in a guild, the pet is fully fed and my taming is at 108. I do NOT recall out. The pet killed the enemies and then simply started to attack me. I was in Trammel at the time. Any thoughts?

It was resolved for me. Mine was a guild issue. Might want to try the other things that were suggested.

Catnip

Sorceror

Nucklez;803244 said:
I've not ran into this yet, except after I first tame something that is already pissed at me. The beetles always do it since I have to beat them into submission first, and Greater Dragons tend to wack me if I get too close. All right after a fresh tame though. I've never had them turn on me unless I've mistakenly attacked them during the battle. That sucks when you cast heal on your GD then you cast fireball and hit your last target macro in the heat of battle. That will turn the battle around really quick if you don't hit the All Stay macro fast enough. :) I know razor has a smart last target, maybe I'll start using that.

With a fresh tame I've used tapping in and out of war. Only problem is that it is difficult to do this fast enough when dealing with a GD.

Nucklez

Squire

Catnip;803266 said:
With a fresh tame I've used tapping in and out of war. Only problem is that it is difficult to do this fast enough when dealing with a GD.

That it is!

"It seems to accept you as master"
"OooOOoo" (AKA "All Stay" to the ones who have spirit speak)

Cuthbert

Wanderer

This is pretty strange to me. As I am not in a guild, I would think a pet would not ever attack me in Trammel. I was not in war mode, and I don't think anything was targetting me from out of range. I'd love to know the root cause of this so I can anticipate it rather than bandaid fix it by spamming stop or stay every time my pet is in a fight.

Nucklez

Squire

For me it only happens on a fresh tame when I have originally attacked it to help in taming, or those pets that have the wonderful "you seem to have upset the beast." Come to think about it, it happens with Rune Beetles too. I would guess any pet you make angry during taming, is still angry after it's tamed. Not sure how it is on OSI, I've just assumed it's the same way there too. The pet will usually still be grey after it's tamed, it seems that if I wait until it turns blue (green since I'm in a guild) after I'm done taming it, then it will behave. Even if I tell it to stay, and I walk up to it, it will smack me.

Dexter-LoM

Knight

I just think people aer running to low taming and lore, ex: min for GD is like 107 i beleive and they are running on a 110 taming and 110 lore making the beast not listening to all your command, this is the reason why they have 120 taming, I run 118 taming and 115 Lore and I am in a giuld and I rarely ever get my GD to turn on me, not talking bout fresh tame since they have no reason to listen to you since you just pissed the shit out of them off

Cuthbert

Wanderer

Again, this is not a fresh tame, and I never aggroed it or was even in war mode. It's my bonded Hiryu that I control just fine at 108.2 taming. It's after it has completed a battle; it was fighting a couple of solens and killed them. Then, after killing them, it simply continued on toward me and killed me. I stopped it the next time by spamming, but I don't want to have to worry about that in more dangerous places with heavier, quicker spawns.

Blacula

Knight

My old tamer had 100 taming, and 120 lore. I logged him and his hiryu out in Doom most of the time, ran t3h gauntlet maybe 3 times a week, 2 hrs. a day and only had to feed it every 6 months. (Yes, 120 lore is that good.) He never turned on me, period.

Give 120 lore a try, you'll dig it too!

Cuthbert

Wanderer

Eh, I don't think this is a mechanism of skill-based issues. I had just fed him 10 minutes ago, and that's just because I am neurotic. He always obeys, and he was Extremely Happy at the lowest. This is not a problem of control or contentment; I believe it to be one of targeting or some other confusion and just wanted to see if anyone had ideas as to why would make a HAPPY blue pet attack its blue, non-guilded owner in Trammel. Perhaps it is just a mystery I will not see solved. wamp wahhh

Two Wolves

Knight

I have a couple questions about pets attacking and killing that I have experienced recently.

One is, what is the difference between the command "a kill" and "a attack"? Probably no difference. I have had a pet attack my last target just with command kill and nothing else. My last target was a guildmate who I was casting healing on. Now I use the command attack instead, because of paranoia.

The other is, I left my character and GD afk while I went for a walk. When I got back, about ten minutes, my character had just been recently killed, no bones yet. This was in a house and only my GD could have killed me. I lored him after and he was perfectly happy. I never let those two alone and out of my sight now. There is a question implied in there somewhere like, what happened?

Barnicoat

Knight

Dexter-LoM;803535 said:
I just think people aer running to low taming and lore, ex: min for GD is like 107 i beleive and they are running on a 110 taming and 110 lore making the beast not listening to all your command, this is the reason why they have 120 taming, I run 118 taming and 115 Lore and I am in a giuld and I rarely ever get my GD to turn on me, not talking bout fresh tame since they have no reason to listen to you since you just pissed the shit out of them off

This. I had a tamer friend with a GD that always used to come do spawns. Probably once a spawn, his GD would turn on me for whatever reason (I probably attacked it), but then no matter what he did, it wouldn't leave me alone until it killed me lol.

It didn't take no shit from noboday.

PS. I forgot the whole point of posting. I think this was caused by him not having enough taming/lore and having to feed it every 30 seconds to keep it happy and failing to do so.

Barnicoat

Knight

When my own pets have attacked me, I usually hit all stop/all stay and then tap tab to toggle war/peace (regardless of which one I was eg war or peace). That has always worked for me.

Two Wolves

Knight

Two Wolves;803745 said:
I have a couple questions about pets attacking and killing that I have experienced recently.

One is, what is the difference between the command "a kill" and "a attack"? Probably no difference. I have had a pet attack my last target just with command kill and nothing else. My last target was a guildmate who I was casting healing on. Now I use the command attack instead, because of paranoia.

The other is, I left my character and GD afk while I went for a walk. When I got back, about ten minutes, my character had just been recently killed, no bones yet. This was in a house and only my GD could have killed me. I lored him after and he was perfectly happy. I never let those two alone and out of my sight now. There is a question implied in there somewhere like, what happened?

Took this same GD out to two locations, blood elemental and harpy nest. In bloods, I noticed him going Gray once in a while, but did not give me any trouble. There he was always only fighting one opponent.

Later tonight, same week, in harpies he is going Gray and biting me. Not all out attack just a swipe, but sometimes will not stop and kills me. There he was having many opponents. I am not doing anything to mishandle him that I can think of. He is wonderfully happy, goes Gray and bites my face off. I resurrect, he is still gray but does not attack and turns Green again.

I have 115 lore 115 taming, not attacking him, keeping fed and Wonderfully Happy. The only things that are going on are: I am in a guild and GD is fighting multiple opponents. So, maybe I am dragging him away from the middle of a combat.

Ryne-Demise

Squire

Incase of pet attacking to it's owner for whatever reason (attacking pet, wrong all kill command or wrong targeting) only command to stop your pet is "all stop"... I suspect this command is not clearing up all aggro queue, but need to be checked through scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.