UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patch Notes

Congrats

Ryan and team:

I've been playing gamers for some odd..2+ years something like that i dont even remember, Its just been a damn long time...

Yall have yet to dissappoint me, Goodjob on everything guys.

I'm a mage at heart, always have been, I used to be to slow to be a dexer so i couldnt point and chase people so i started mage, I eventually got cable now i used dexers and mages, I always thought magery was to strong compared to dexxery, Yall are/trying to balance everything out which shows yall listen to the people, and meet their demands in due time, You make me proud to donate to yall =)

Gogarth

Wanderer
These changes will help my dexxer out more and I may even make a macer now hehe, keep up the good work and I'm sure over time this will be even better than the OSI shards (well even better than it is now) anyways keep up the good work and you guys still have yet to make a change to the shard that dissapoints me!

UOG FOR LIFE!!!

JasonU

Wanderer
Great Job Guys!

Question on weapon damage....

So now weapons that will hit for low damage will have higher accuracy, medium damage with medium accuracy, and higher damage with lower accuracy?

M

Mark

rajuncajun2207 said:
Great Job Guys!

Question on weapon damage....

So now weapons that will hit for low damage will have higher accuracy, medium damage with medium accuracy, and higher damage with lower accuracy?

The premise is correct, but its a little more complicated and varied. Check out http://web.archive.org/web/20020806221331/uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/arms.shtml if you want detailed information on the dice rolls used. Each weapon has its own unique damage curve characteristics based on the dice roll.

Tay M'real

Sorceror
Ryan said:
you impatient fuckers drive me insane.

We've been working on fixing this shit for a while, it's not like we just shit these changes in 30 seconds, these changes took some serious time, how about saying great job and I look forward to other changes in the future rather than BITCH BITCH BITCH.

For those of you who had kind things to say I appreciate it!

qwned irl k, thx

lol

Scribe_mage

Wanderer
Mark said:
Combat Tweaks
General Tweaks:
- Server wars will now begin at 3am EST, and last for only 15 minutes.
NOOOOO i think server wars at 12 am pacific time was great and it was perfect as it was

Agreed

I can't comment on the melee changes until I test them out with a melee char. However, with the idea of changes to magery, its a common subject with all shards. And as already mentioned here someone always brings up that mages use regs and mana and this gives them a disadvantage to dexers. Might I also point out that when hit with a spell a dexer will lose stamina.....sorta the same thing wouldn't ya say? When all is said and done, a mage can still run without mana, sadly for anyone with a dexer, we can't say the same thing with stamina.

We also get something known as total refresh potions.

For anyone who doesn't know what the formulas mean, its Multiplier(Dice)(1-Maxinum Number of Dice) + Damage

One last thing, which weapons are more likely to hit high/low? I can't tell by looking at the formulas.

I would like to say a few things to the staff mainly ryan and mark, I know how much you guys have been working on this stuff actually for a reall really long time and i would just like to say......THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.....oh did i forget to say THANK YOU!!!! You guys are the best!

Ken-hybrid

Wanderer
Thanks =)
That's just what I needed to hear after seeing that annoying kid's spam message #3. =)
Certainly not gonna miss him :)

syko-hybrid

Wanderer
I apologize if I sounded at all ungrateful, I love the shard, I think it's definitely great. The staff put extremely hard work into it and it is by far the best shard to hit UOgateway ever. I have not seen a change on this shard yet that has disapointed me at all, and I think these recent weapon changes are awesome. I am just highly looking forward to the magery changes is all, sorry I didn't know it was discussed before.

Ryan and All the Team Just want to say i think this is great didnt get home till late so not sure if im going to be abile to check it out tonight but i started playing from day one on osi and back in them days i had a char that was BAD ASS looks like im going to get to feel that enjoyment again :) Great Work and thanks for working your asses off for all of us to enjoy the Good Olschool Days Peace

Phantom16

Wanderer
and spriggan is now....just another archer..... :(

lol, thanks guys, im glad you guys did this!

good job, hope some more good stuff is in production.

krazybone

Wanderer
Sounds Good

Great Ideas so far. Its a shame that i dont even play anymore, I kind of find it useless to pvp on a free net zero connection :(. But yes i did think combat needed a huge revision. Any AOS revision in my opinion seriously lacked reasonable pvp convention. I also was very upset that everthing went to just wearing leather armor. This gets very very very tiring to look at, not to mention it made all other armor, which was alot, almost useless and unused. It would be great to revamp melee and make plate chain and ring armor usefull again, as it was back in the day. Not to mention it looks cool as hell, for some reason way back in the day on osi i wore a plate helm on my mage, even though i knew it hindered med :)