UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patch Notes

M

Mark

Patch Notes

Combat Tweaks
- Weapons will now use dice rolls to determine damage. These values were taken from several reliable sources and are exact to Pre-AOS specification. This will have the effect of varying distribution of random number generation across the damage range... i.e. based on the formula, some weapons are more likely to hit high, medium, low, or evenly distributed damage across their range.

- Armor Rating calculation was changed: Exceptional armor will now only add an additional 4 ar; spined, horned, and barbed will now add 4, 6, and 8 ar, respectively.

- Slight algorithm changes making armor more useful (moved some functions around so that they were run after armor absorbtion, not before).

General Tweaks:
- Server wars will now begin at 3am EST, and last for only 15 minutes.

syko-hybrid

Wanderer
Time for spells now?

Well I'm happy weapons have been balanced out, and it's cool they are more specific to OSI, I do miss me some good OSI times before AoS was released. But what about spells? They are so unbalanced and unaccurate. An energy bolt will smack you for 36 damage sometimes, and faithfully will hit you upside the head at 30-32, this is way too faithful for spells. Now I play a mage myself, as I completely despise playing as a dexer and I think it's complete luck, but with spells the way they are it's too easy to completely nuke someone. I mean I think these damages and timers are great for duels and 1v1 combat, but when it comes right down to it field PvP and fighting the odds are impossible, and I can tell you from PvPing on OSI a while back, going against the odds wasn't as hard as it is now. Spell timers we're more balanced, damages we're a bit more random, resist meant more than just saving your ass every 10 or so spells. Do you guys ever plan on tampering with spells a bit? I personally think the old timers and damages this shard had before they we're changed around we're much better (just my opinion though). Fast cast is pretty non-existant here, using recovery to your advantage wasn't fast cast on OSI as a lot of people seem to think it was for some reason. I'm not really sure if this shards aim PvP-wise is to make it OSI-like, but I think even if they weren't the spells should be messed around with a bit. They are too powerful, much too faithful, and the recovery timer is stuck in a bad spot, I dunno if this is just me but I think it either needs to be slowed down a bit, or speeded up a bit. Anybody else feel the same on this subject?

Wanev

Wanderer
I agree a little with what syko said, but you have to bear in mind mages use regs and require mana to cast spells whereas dexters can hit as many times as they like without a fall in mana... if you are to nerfed spell damage it is too big a change that will topple the balance imo...

BloodyMice

Wanderer
Nice. I think.

I'd comment about the whole mage thing but I've already beaten that horse to death and all it's going to do is inevitably make mages cry and start an argument so I won't. I get the impression the staff really listens to reasonable people with logical arguments, tho. I'm impressed. Thank you for that.

kalindi

Wanderer
"Server wars will now begin at 3am EST", but I don't know the time that will be here for me, so which is the time difference there for you from GMT? :/

Juvenile

Wanderer
If you people like server war I suggest you go help test out stuff on the TC. The TC is like a non-stop server war. :)

Tay M'real

Sorceror
Mark said:
Combat Tweaks
- Weapons will now use dice rolls to determine damage. These values were taken from several reliable sources and are exact to Pre-AOS specification. This will have the effect of varying distribution of random number generation across the damage range... i.e. based on the formula, some weapons are more likely to hit high, medium, low, or evenly distributed damage across their range.

- Armor Rating calculation was changed: Exceptional armor will now only add an additional 4 ar; spined, horned, and barbed will now add 4, 6, and 8 ar, respectively.

- Slight algorithm changes making armor more useful (moved some functions around so that they were run after armor absorbtion, not before).

General Tweaks:
- Server wars will now begin at 3am EST, and last for only 15 minutes.

Once again, you guys listened intently to your community, made recommendations and offered them to the public for approval. Top notch developers...you guys should've been teaching OSI a thing or two...my hats off, you do not dissapoint....I'm a dexxer at heart and suck with my mage in PvP....win 1 for the good guys.

Theodin

Wanderer
syko said:
Well I'm happy weapons have been balanced out, and it's cool they are more specific to OSI, I do miss me some good OSI times before AoS was released. But what about spells? They are so unbalanced and unaccurate. An energy bolt will smack you for 36 damage sometimes, and faithfully will hit you upside the head at 30-32, this is way too faithful for spells. Now I play a mage myself, as I completely despise playing as a dexer and I think it's complete luck, but with spells the way they are it's too easy to completely nuke someone. I mean I think these damages and timers are great for duels and 1v1 combat, but when it comes right down to it field PvP and fighting the odds are impossible, and I can tell you from PvPing on OSI a while back, going against the odds wasn't as hard as it is now. Spell timers we're more balanced, damages we're a bit more random, resist meant more than just saving your ass every 10 or so spells. Do you guys ever plan on tampering with spells a bit? I personally think the old timers and damages this shard had before they we're changed around we're much better (just my opinion though). Fast cast is pretty non-existant here, using recovery to your advantage wasn't fast cast on OSI as a lot of people seem to think it was for some reason. I'm not really sure if this shards aim PvP-wise is to make it OSI-like, but I think even if they weren't the spells should be messed around with a bit. They are too powerful, much too faithful, and the recovery timer is stuck in a bad spot, I dunno if this is just me but I think it either needs to be slowed down a bit, or speeded up a bit. Anybody else feel the same on this subject?

Yes, why not making the casting pre-aos, I quit like 4 months ago and still read this site everyday hoping the casting would be normal pre-aos instead of customized aos timings

Mark u mention changes to player made armour but what about magic armour my friend tells me his invun armour now has lower ar than before, have u changed that as well?

its been a long long time since i dusted off my halberd swinging assasin red... and my macer townie...

all i got to say to the staff is... oh fuck yeah!

u have made this dexxer at heart since 97' all warm and fuzzy on the inside...

K <3's UOG

R

Ryan

pigletisgod said:
Yes, why not making the casting pre-aos, I quit like 4 months ago and still read this site everyday hoping the casting would be normal pre-aos instead of customized aos timings

you impatient fuckers drive me insane.

We've been working on fixing this shit for a while, it's not like we just shit these changes in 30 seconds, these changes took some serious time, how about saying great job and I look forward to other changes in the future rather than BITCH BITCH BITCH.

For those of you who had kind things to say I appreciate it!

M

Mark

Vanquish said:
Mark u mention changes to player made armour but what about magic armour my friend tells me his invun armour now has lower ar than before, have u changed that as well?

Yes, upon reading several sources of old information, invulnerability armor gave +30, not +35ar, and all magic armors were adjusted accordingly.