UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Ornament of Magician

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Ornament of Magician

Ok. After thinking and talking and thinking and talking. Here is what I will accept.

Swords of Prosperity + 16 mil's
Swords of Prosperity + 13 mil's + skillball
Swords of Prosperity + 11 mil's + skillball + statball
Swords of Prosperity + 9 mil's + Skillball + statball + Donation mounts.

Skillballs and statballs can be added again and money reduced accordingly.

Simple enough? PM me or aim me @ MadeInKeBeK

At this moment I am not interested in anything else.

MadeInQuebec

Re: Ornament of Magician

Current Offers:

1. 12kk+divine

2. Storm Grips + Horselord + Divine + Helm of Insight + Fire Orange Pigment (9 uses) + Arcane Shield + Shield of Invulnerability + Heart of the Lion

3. full suit of 20 Lower Reagent Cost / resist pieces without a cap, and I'll add Divine to go with it.

I am putting them here because I dont know if those are good offers... All I know is that it doesnt seem like what I'm actually looking for. But if someone say that one of these offers are especially good I would consider it. I just don't know and need lots of guidance.

cuattamu

Knight

You should specify what kind of character/game play you are going for. It'll help the bidders know what they should offer.

Example, the SOP for the most part is aimed at a luck pvm mage suit. An AOF would compliment that offer pretty well.

MadeInQuebec

If I can get my hands on the swords I will probably make a PVM tank mage with them.

If I get my hands on something different I'll make a different character that will match with it. I will mainly want to Solo PVM for a while using various templates. I plan on making many different char, thus the need of the skillballs.

gugutz

Knight

Yeah.
Plus, the a boy's offer is pretty decent, if you aiming for a mage. Plus you said you needed the skillball.

But like Norther said, the other offers are way too low.
12kk + divine would be around 15KK

Good luck selling it. :)

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

I would agree all the offers are well below what orny currently goes for. However there is no "value" for orny, what really matters is what you want.

I'd recommend 2 assumptions

1. An offer is not going to be "really really good".
2. If you take an offer full of stuff you don't want trying to "trade up" you'll usually get burned.

Decide what you want for the item and go with that. If your happy with the trade that's all that matters. If you can't get what you want consider downward revising your expectations or just holding onto the item.

The whole point to trading is both people get something they value more than what they had.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

Malafor;501453 said:
I would say all those offers are crap offers. Way to low for a orny.

it's 'too', and I'd really love to hear what an ornament currently goes for... I've been trying to hock one of mine for about 3 weeks now... I made an offer on this, and it's 'crap'? 3 Greater Tots, a Divine... etc..

If you make me this same offer and change out the fire pigments for blue and I'll trade my ornament.. People are trying to trade HOM's straight up for Ornament's anymore... or they add something worth 2 million and think that evens it all out... People on this shard think that whatever they own is worth more, because they own it.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

gugutz;501468 said:
Yeah.
Plus, the a boy's offer is pretty decent, if you aiming for a mage. Plus you said you needed the skillball.
:)

Really, are you also 'A boy' because trading an ornament for a HOM + 1 skillball's pretty retarded considering that just 6 months ago an ornament was worth about DOUBLE the cost of a HOM.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Currently my extra orny goes for 20-24kk or stays right where it is. As far as your offer I got through about half the items and called it a "junk dump". My rule of thumb is if I need a calculator to figure out what an offer is worth or it contains marties/craptifacts someone is just trying to unload stuff they can't sell on me.

I don't always use the same rules everyone else does see my other post. I happen to value stormgrips at about double what anyone else seems to. I value ltots less than most. And if I don't need something it's value is at or near 0 unless it's an evener in a trade I otherwise want.

Anyways that's why I called your offer bad. To me "ect" sums up the offer and I don't value "ect".

cuattamu

Knight

MadeInQuebec;501467 said:
If I can get my hands on the swords I will probably make a PVM tank mage with them.

If I get my hands on something different I'll make a different character that will match with it. I will mainly want to Solo PVM for a while using various templates. I plan on making many different char, thus the need of the skillballs.

Here is another option. You're new and you're going to be making a lot of mistakes as you learn how much different demise is from hybrid. Trade the orny for a huge chunk of gold and use that money SLOWLY to buy what you need so you dont make one huge mistake and dump your wealth into something you wont use.

Skillballs and statballs are nice but it really doesnt take any time at all to macro up a new guy if you learn the proper technique.

EvilChild

Knight

orny is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

If the best offer you get is worth 15kk then that's all you're going to get.

Just because you value an orny at 25kk doesn't mean its actually worth 25kk or will sell for 25kk. What it means is that because you value it at 25kk that if an offer isn't 25kk+ then you won't sell it because you would rather use it or hold onto it. If you won't sell it for 15kk and market buyer consensus is 15kk, then they will buy one from someone else for 15kk. If no one else will sell for 15kk, then market consensus goes up and they will offer more for your orny.

Arties = buyer has all the price power... sellers have little price power
unique items = seller has all the price power.... buyer has little price power

thepower

Page

lol, dont sell this for this offers...

u can get lot more if u talk with the right person, then if no one offer the right value of orny (at least 23kk in items or whatever), just dont sell...

thepower

Page

EvilChild;501491 said:
orny is only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

If the best offer you get is worth 15kk then that's all you're going to get.

Just because you value an orny at 25kk doesn't mean its actually worth 25kk or will sell for 25kk. What it means is that because you value it at 25kk that if an offer isn't 25kk+ then you won't sell it because you would rather use it or hold onto it. If you won't sell it for 15kk and market buyer consensus is 15kk, then they will buy one from someone else for 15kk. If no one else will sell for 15kk, then market consensus goes up and they will offer more for your orny.

Arties = buyer has all the price power... sellers have little price power
unique items = seller has all the price power.... buyer has little price power

lol come on, if everyones offer just 1gp, the price will down to 1gp? pfff man...

I say, the seller has much power price yes, that 3 guys who offered want the orny, and if he does not sell, they will not have it and with time, the will offer more for it, why would he trade his orny for 15kk if everyone recently trade for 22kk+??

just stop saying bullshit

MadeInQuebec

cuattamu;501487 said:
Skillballs and statballs are nice but it really doesnt take any time at all to macro up a new guy if you learn the proper technique.

That doesnt matter to me. That is the item I am most interest in still.

I dont want to wait forever to play. I want to log on, use skillball, gear up and run. The longer that takes, the least interested I am of starting on Demise. I trained over 100 characters since I started playing UO, and I'm literally sick of it. I dont rage when I die in pvp, gets pk'ed, get griefed... but when I macro skill... I rage!

To me they have high values.

Thanks for everyone's input tho, I register a lot of information.

cuattamu

Knight

MadeInQuebec;501506 said:
That doesnt matter to me. That is the item I am most interest in still.

I dont want to wait forever to play. I want to log on, use skillball, gear up and run. The longer that takes, the least interested I am of starting on Demise. I trained over 100 characters since I started playing UO, and I'm literally sick of it. I dont rage when I die in pvp, gets pk'ed, get griefed... but when I macro skill... I rage!

To me they have high values.

Thanks for everyone's input tho, I register a lot of information.

Fair enough. Keep in mind, power scrolls and stat scrolls exist on demise. Skillballs and statballs will only take you to 7x and 225 so you will still have to macro one way or another. Although I guess it is technically possible to raise them while playing...

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

thepower;501504 said:
lol come on, if everyones offer just 1gp, the price will down to 1gp? pfff man...

I say, the seller has much power price yes, that 3 guys who offered want the orny, and if he does not sell, they will not have it and with time, the will offer more for it, why would he trade his orny for 15kk if everyone recently trade for 22kk+??

2 of those offers were mine :).. .. I have a decent LRC resist, mods suit that i'm not wearing... If you've seen my suit you'll understand, that was my other offer to him... A full LRC, Resist suit with Divine, 2/6 and no book..... A solid suit that's ready to go SPAWN/PVP/whatever without all the time (and BRSK) that it took for me to aquire it...

I'd give my Ornament up for 20 million gold, or HOM + 5 Million... Undoubtedly there will be no takers.

EvilChild

Knight

thepower;501504 said:

You obviously have no idea about economics

If EVERYONE offered 1gp, then YES, it will be worth 1gp. But if people start seeing everyone offer 1gp for something like an orny, they will probably get outbid by someone else who values orny higher.

The seller of arties has very little power, there are a ton of arties out there. If you won't sell for less than 25kk then they will find someone who will sell for less than 25kk. If no one else will sell for less than 25kk, then maybe they will reconsider. That's the only power seller has, is if everyone else on the shard that is selling an orny also values the orny at over 25kk. But does everyone selling value it over 25kk? What if they just want a quick sale? So, the seller does not have much power. Of course, if he doesn't get an offer he likes, then maybe he won't sell... which is fine. But, if he doesn't sell it means a sale never took place. For example: Someone tries to sell an orny for 25kk. No one will buy it for 25kk. Feeling dejected, the seller refuses to sell his orny. Now, he is stuck with an orny instead of getting something he wanted for it. Thus, the actual market value of an orny (ie: the point along both the supply and demand curve where they intercept) is not at 25kk but rather is lower. Thus orny is NOT worth 25kk.

You should go to school or read up on economics before claiming someone is talking bullshit otherwise you might look like an idiot.

MadeInQuebec

So let's say i ask for this:

Swords of Prosperity
3 Skillballs, 3 statballs
5 million gold

Is that a lot? Or is that reasonable?