UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Only seeing players opinions on this poll. What do you think about Krrios Client?

What do you think about Krrios Client?

• Total voters

Ataris

Wanderer
then id like to consider better connection and better system as unfair advantage.. but i cant do shit about that now can i?

skullcrasher

Wanderer
Well better connection and better system is almost an irrelevant topic for this subject at this point in time. A large percentage of American houses have broadband connections, and most recent computers can handle the normal Ultima Online client easily.

mattfoley

Sorceror
it seems i get caught on every tree when im being chased while usin krrios so the pathfinding function isnt fool proof

R

Ryan

KUOC is not a cheat, it just provides an unfair advantage to the minority of people that can use it.

Its freely available to everyone, therefore it is NOT a cheat.

Gremio

Sorceror
Aye, I don't regard it as a cheat either. Do you have any comment on what I said though? I don't know if smoothwalk in Krrios works like the one Yoko made does.

But me and a group of friends have personally caused lag to other players on both POL and RunUO using Yokos smoothwalk. We completely froze a couple of players on a RunUO shard north of papua and were able to destroy them while they stood there helpless. This was during the time RunUO was stating speedwalk was impossible etc. etc. And so many people were using it on POL on this one shard the lag became insane. Again, I say this is because clients are sending packets on an over-burden shard when they would otherwise be frozen.

--Gremio

Cantsayb

Wanderer
Crystal said:
Well better connection and better system is almost an irrelevant topic for this subject at this point in time. A large percentage of American houses have broadband connections, and most recent computers can handle the normal Ultima Online client easily.

Crystal, face it please.

You are biased against the KUOC for some unknown reason. I say that you need to deal with it and continue dealing with it or just keep complaining. If you keep complaining your throat will get pretty sore, so just....

DEAL.

K thx.

skullcrasher

Wanderer
Ryan

Yes so Krrios Client does provide an unfair advantage to the people that can use it and even know how and or where to download it.

Cantsayb

Actually I’m typing here.

zero-hybrid

Unreasonable
There is a forum for krrios client on runuo.com If ANYONE has any questions about where to download it or how to do something, usually I or one of two or three other people will be happy to answer your question(s).

Gertkane

Wanderer
i have a question, will kuoc run alot smoother if id add another block of 128mb sdrram (right now i have 256, p3 666mhz)

M

Mark

Doubtful, KUOC eats memory like theres no tomorrow. Even I have trouble on this A64 3200+ with 512 DDR.

I'm looking for ways I can write a plugin to curb the memory usage, so far I've gotten it a little better, but nothing great.

I'm thinking we'll just have to wait for Krrios to clean up the code so KUOC is more computer friendly. As of now it doesn't seem to free its internal cache of items/mobiles/tiles/houses even when relogging in, so if unrestarted for a long period of time or running through extremely busy areas, KUOC can eat up 300+ MB and lock up the system.

Ungo-hybrid

Wanderer
Any outside program that give advantages that can't be obtained with natural actions in the game, is in my opinion, a cheat.... hack, or crack or "fair advantage" I don't care what you want to call it.

Gertkane

Wanderer
Mark said:
Doubtful, KUOC eats memory like theres no tomorrow. Even I have trouble on this A64 3200+ with 512 DDR.

I'm looking for ways I can write a plugin to curb the memory usage, so far I've gotten it a little better, but nothing great.

I'm thinking we'll just have to wait for Krrios to clean up the code so KUOC is more computer friendly. As of now it doesn't seem to free its internal cache of items/mobiles/tiles/houses even when relogging in, so if unrestarted for a long period of time or running through extremely busy areas, KUOC can eat up 300+ MB and lock up the system.

thats the problem with me, it just freezes from time to time, usually when there is action there is freezing, i thought extra ram would help