UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Only seeing players opinions on this poll. What do you think about Krrios Client?

What do you think about Krrios Client?

• Total voters

skullcrasher

Wanderer
Only seeing players opinions on this poll. What do you think about Krrios Client?

What do you think about Krrios Client?

I am only seeing the players' opinions about Krrios Client.

S

Sirus-hybrid

I love it, i think if osi knew how to do the movement the way krrios client does, thats how they would have had it in their client.

That's what many people say.. but that's usually the people that like the convienence of Razor or whatnot and don't want to use it..

I've noticed that it does give an advantage around crowded places (faction strongholds being a biggie) versus the normal client, but other than that it's virtually the same..

I would use it for pvp all the time if my comp could run it.. some wierd things happen when I try to run it on this computer..

But basically I find it fair, and I always use the normal client.

Uncle Fu said:
BAH Krrios client. I've heard many people say that it is just an excuse to speedhack.

For the LAST TIME

KUOC HAS A BUILT ANTI SPEEDHACK

LOAD UP KUOC CLIENT, LOAD A RUNUO SEVER WITH GM OR ADMIN CHAR AND RUN

You'll lock up and freeze and be stuck in place for a period of time

IF YOU WERE TO SPEEDHACK WITH KUOC IT WOULD DETECT THE SPEEDHACK AND IN RESULT THE LAG WOULD BE SO BAD YOUD LOCK UP AND DIE PRETTY FAST

PLEASE, I know half you fucken cunts speedhack, download a speedhack and crank it up, you WILL lag up and be rubberbanded to your starting location if your running KUOC with a speedhack

Reality said:
For the LAST TIME

JUST TO CLARIFY

Reality said:
For the LAST TIME

Reality said:
For the LAST TIME

Reality said:
For the LAST TIME

Reality said:
For the LAST TIME

Reality said:
For the LAST TIME

M

Mark

Let me clarify some things.

KUOC does not have anti speedhack.

Infact, KUOC has built in speedhack.. for staff only...
INFACT, its impossible to speedhack as a player, no matter what. RunUO keeps track of your walk/run rate and will not let you speedhack unless you are both staff and bodyvalue 0x3db (GM Body)

KUOC uses around 250MB of RAM.
KUOC is not completely threaded (if there is a lag spike, you can't move mouse, open journal, etc).
KUOC cannot target while running.
KUOC is hard to use, no documentation.

That being said, KUOC will show you where the guardlines are, can target based on all sorts of criteria, has a much better radar, keeps track of bandage time, will alert you when you are no longer criminal, and will stack spam messages. KUOC is also smoother, which is nicer on the eyes, but makes you feel as though you are moving slow.

Regardless, there is nothing in KUOC you can't do with razor, as far as pvp goes.

Mark said:
Infact, KUOC has built in speedhack.. for staff only...
INFACT, its impossible to speedhack as a player, no matter what. RunUO keeps track of your walk/run rate and will not let you speedhack unless you are both staff and bodyvalue 0x3db (GM Body)

So if I ping 75-90ms I can run just as fast as someone that pings 10ms?
Speedhack is possible, always will be, what file does the RunUO keep track of the walk/run rate? What folder and whats the name of the file

I ping 75-90 ms and see no reason why anyone should outrun me then.

M

Mark

PlayerMobile.cs ;x

Code:
private static bool FastwalkPrevention = true; // Is fastwalk prevention enabled?
private static TimeSpan FastwalkThreshold = TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 0.4 ); // Fastwalk prevention will become active after 0.4 seconds

private DateTime m_NextMovementTime;

public virtual bool UsesFastwalkPrevention{ get{ return ( AccessLevel < AccessLevel.GameMaster ); } }

public virtual TimeSpan ComputeMovementSpeed( Direction dir )
{
	if ( (dir & Direction.Mask) != (this.Direction & Direction.Mask) )
		return TimeSpan.Zero;

bool running = ( (dir & Direction.Running) != 0 );

bool onHorse = ( this.Mount != null );

if ( onHorse )
		return ( running ? TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 0.1 ) : TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 0.2 ) );

return ( running ? TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 0.2 ) : TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 0.4 ) );
}

public static bool MovementThrottle_Callback( NetState ns )
{
	PlayerMobile pm = ns.Mobile as PlayerMobile;

if ( pm == null || !pm.UsesFastwalkPrevention )
		return true;

if ( pm.m_NextMovementTime == DateTime.MinValue )
	{
		// has not yet moved
		pm.m_NextMovementTime = DateTime.Now;
		return true;
	}

TimeSpan ts = pm.m_NextMovementTime - DateTime.Now;

if ( ts < TimeSpan.Zero )
	{
		// been a while since we've last moved
				pm.m_NextMovementTime = DateTime.Now;
		return true;
	}

return ( ts < FastwalkThreshold );
}

Kethinov

Sorceror
I voted fair game.
I don't use Krrios client. I tried it out and found it lacking in certain areas that the regular UO client is strong. Krrios has some interesting PVP features, but Razor does well enough for me with the regular Renaissance client.

I don't know anything about speedhacking, Krrios client or otherwise so I won't participate in that debate. All I know is my client and connection is fast enough for me and I've yet to have anyone miraculously catch up to me out of nowhere in UOG, OSI, or otherwise. In fact, I always believed speedhack was impossible until all the ruckus about it on stratics over the last year and the developers confirming its existence.

Anyway, the only thing that makes Krrios' client anywhere near unfair is the high res. Maybe Razor can add that feature. :p Even then, when I tinkered around in Krrios client, high res was weird. You have to plunge your mouse all over the place to run in different directions. Kinda makes you want to have an always run option. (Not sure if there is one in Krrios client.)

Atriox

Sorceror
I hate the way my mouse moves in the Krrios client. I don't know if it is just my PC, but for some reason the mouse feels like it is moving really funky, but I definately have a computer capable of running it. I like the standard UO client better personally, but I've never had any problem keeping up with people on KUOC.

I keep wanting to change to KUOC, but just never have the time to reset my macros and learn what I need to about it. Shame it doesn't have documentation, but I'd rather have other things fixed before documentation for it was made.

Tetsuo

Sorceror
WTF , Anti-Speedhack? my ass reality , more like a legal speedhack , i have used the shit and that is what it basically does. a "smoooooth moveeement" is the same shit as a speedhack but in a different category. Now all these people that have like 2GB of ram and a 3.4 processor , that use the shit , = kind of unfair then ?

K

krrios

Smoothwalk effects only how movement is interpolated locally. It does not effect the actual time between moves. It is not a speedhack, it merely makes things smoother (which, for most users coming from the standard client, actually gives the illusion of moving slower). Standard client, KUOC/smoothwalk, and KUOC/no smoothwalk all move at the same speeds.

skullcrasher

Wanderer
Look at what i read in a post by ryan.

Ryan said:
Reality you are full of shit.

Krrios's client auto targets, trying to deny that is retarded.

Krrios's client DOES provide an unfair advantage for the people using it. The way it moves around trees automatically is one in and of itself. Look, I love Krrios and that client is amazing, however it does provide an unfair advantage.

For the record, if I want to make my character 500 resist and 55k magery its my perrogative... get over it.

And one more thing, Mocking me is bad for your health.

tne

Wanderer
well cuz my cpu cant run it and i have to play with normal client and i lag so much that im having a hard time overrunning an unmounted thief i say it's unfair (for me)

ofcourse if i would use it i could. so don't count it as a fingers down vote

Gremio

Sorceror
Hrmm...I'd like to hear this from you then krrios.

When you smoothwalk doesn't the client send more packets than it would not smoothwalking? Without it you would normally pause and wait to attempt to move. With it you move anyway and flood the server with move packets while it would normally be a little lagged, it's latency has increased even further due to this flood. Causing players around the smoothwalkee to lag more than they normally would while the server catches up with all the move packets flooded to it from the person that smoothwalked. Yes, some jumpback will occur. But not so much so that smoothwalk won't run faster and cause others to lag on a shard with a heavy load. If you don't send more move packets while smoothwalking and instead wait for a response, then send and jump back, great. Unfortunately the one Yoko made does not work like this. Otherwise OSI would have changed their move code a long time ago. It pauses the player for a reason.

--Gremio