UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Murder Counts and YOU!

GradGT

Sorceror
Re: Murder Counts and YOU!

Those who just wanted to kill newbies or those fighting monsters ran around in pk ganksquads -- usually highschool outcasts taking out their frustrations because of their miserable real lives.

or just people who like having fun in a video game??

why is it every time someone gets griefed in a game, it must be because of a persons weight/social status/lack of girlfriend etc. etc. in real life?

just cause someone gets the upper hand on you in a video game doesn't mean you have to harbor delusional beliefs that make it seem like you are still better than them in some way.

ToRnhatesyou

Wanderer

SF|Liquid said:
reds are murders, thats why they are red, not because they want to pvp, but because they kill innocent victims. People who want to pvp all the time are factions/order/chaos/guild wars, not reds. So you are mistaken.

on this server that us what red means

so your telling me you will get on your red to bank sit?

or to have a convo with someone?

Twiskirano

Wanderer

Personally on my red I really love running into town and talking shit to people. Eventually I'll have a squad on me. One of a few things happen.

1) I'll run and single one out, or have 2 that are persistent enough and commence pwnage

2) I'll flat out get paraganked.

3) I just run, hide, heal, chug, and [e lol. Basically kinda troll in game.

Just running in town on my red solo I've probably killed a good 10-12 people in the past couple weeks, not even getting a count. XD

eMpathy

Wanderer

They need the bounty thing on this shard... (Put a bounty on someone's head) if a blue or someone kills that red, then you cut there body up and turn there head into a guard for a reward. Would make it a tad bit more intresting.

GradGT

Sorceror

It would but then people would just use alts to nab their own bounties. It's a flawed system.

Kakarott

Wanderer

ToRnhatesyou said:
well i see nothign wrong with the way it is now?

reds are people that want to pvp all the time (thats is why there red)
and blues are town sitting with the thought if a red comes i can get like 5 people to chase to to learn how to heal with wands!! :)

The point of being red is so that people know you want to pvp all the time!

Oh, I see.

You want to PvP all the time, even with miners, and newbies at the graveyard.
And the people who don't want to PvP all the time, what colour do they get to be?
What's that? They don't have a choice in the matter?
Oh, I see.

The mentality I see throughout this forum, is that unless you're PvP'ing 24/7, you're a 'trammie'.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't everyone a 'trammie', until they get enough money/characters, to be self-supporting?
They hug the guard zones, because they know if they step outside of them, they'll have 30 people on their ass.

"lol lern 2 pvp"

That's great advice! Learn to defend yourself from 3 superior-armed and trained targets.
If you don't win, you're a trammie! (But if you do, you're a hacker!)

The simple fact is, without checks and balances, newer players can't grow. They are afraid to leave the guard zone, because some PK whose leash has been cut is going to steal his boots and 28 gold.
Meanwhile, the PK has no such fear, because he's wearing 100% blessed gear, and is on an ethereal mount, and is only carrying 3 nightshade and a trapped pouch. He doesn't care, he'll be back in the action in seconds, if he dies.
All he's gotta do is log his alt (if he hasn't already), res/gate to chaos shrine, and hit his restock macro when he's back at his house/bank. And then he's ready to go again. THE PERFECT GRIEFING MACHINE.

I made a thread earlier (shameless self-promotion, I know), on this very subject:
http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89372

Being red, by definition, means, above all else, that you're looking to PvP with people whether they are willing to or not.
Usually, especially when they are not.

K

Kitchen_

You guys act like people who are red "think" like this. They say "I'm gonna go kill newbies at the graveyard and steal their boots and 28 gps!"

Wrong.

Most of the time, people go to the Britian graveyard (You know, where theres always like 200 reds and blues hiding from 4 blues inside that house on the east side?) to find a good fight. While they're at the graveyard, they normally get attacked by the random blues that are ALWAYS there, I mean it's as-if they camp it for reds to gank. They normally just load FS while you're in the middle of a fight, and when your low HP they all drop it, and if you don't die, they scatter.

Thats just how it goes sometimes.

Edit: On the topic of loot-bags, I carry about 20 greater heals, 20 greater cures, 15 total refreshes, 10 greater strengths, 10 greater agilitys, 10 greater explosions, 10 pouches, armor, and occasionally (post-wand nerf) a gheal/lightning wand.

This is how the majority of the decent and above PvPer's roll.

Kakarott

Wanderer

Actually, yeah, I just literally witnessed them rob a fresh noob of their non-exceptional short sword and wooden shield, boots, and female plate armour.
They swooped in on her when zombies were killing her. 3 mounted versus 1 unmounted noob. Do I need to explain how that ended out?

People do think like this; if you don't, you're the exception, not the rule.

You carry a lot more than they do too, likely. All they ever do is run in with a GM made spear, and dex the hell out of someone, or they go in with 5 or 6 nightshade, and 5 silk, and poison/harm/harm/harm, ad nauseam.

I don't get my kicks like that.

Don't get me wrong, I like to kill people - I enjoy playing a thief, too.
But there's no fun in doing what they were doing - when you do that, you're just ruining some little noob's first minutes in this game.

K

Kitchen_

Kakarott said:
Actually, yeah, I just literally witnessed them rob a fresh noob of their non-exceptional short sword and wooden shield, boots, and female plate armour.
They swooped in on her when zombies were killing her. 3 mounted versus 1 unmounted noob. Do I need to explain how that ended out?

People do think like this; if you don't, you're the exception, not the rule.

You carry a lot more than they do too, likely. All they ever do is run in with a GM made spear, and dex the hell out of someone, or they go in with 5 or 6 nightshade, and 5 silk, and poison/harm/harm/harm, ad nauseam.

I don't get my kicks like that.

Don't get me wrong, I like to kill people - I enjoy playing a thief, too.
But there's no fun in doing what they were doing - when you do that, you're just ruining some little noob's first minutes in this game.

Mst of the people just starting out on Hybrid have played UO before, and these reds that run around with 5 each reg, they're the ones that die a lot of the times to reds, and did you ever think that maybe, those reds are killing those newbie blues, because that's their way of making money?

Caz

Knight

You know what I find extremely funny? The reds that camp wandering healers to rezkill anyone who appears there.... over and over again. And what's more, they do it like this.

Paralyze -> Explo -> Ebolt

EVERY TIME.

OHNOEZ THE UNMOUNTED NAKED 10HP NOOB IZ GETTIN AWEY!11!!oneoeno

K

Kitchen_

Caz said:
You know what I find extremely funny? The reds that camp wandering healers to rezkill anyone who appears there.... over and over again. And what's more, they do it like this.

Paralyze -> Explo -> Ebolt

EVERY TIME.

OHNOEZ THE UNMOUNTED NAKED 10HP NOOB IZ GETTIN AWEY!11!!oneoeno

sounds liek yer getting owned and taking it out on the thrd about murderers lollllll

GradGT

Sorceror

UO is about natural selection.

Standing in the way of natural selection is never a good idea. Just look at the US welfare system.

Dream Theater

Sorceror

Yubgug The Exile said:
No one even ganks them, I see reds bank at WBB every day.
lie

u will get ganked.

no-one will res u.

anyway, u will have fun :v

and statloss doesn't exist here

Dream Theater

Sorceror

Testament said:
That is because the majority are scared that if they attack no onewill help or each person is waiting for that one to get up the nerve to initiate the attack, then they all jump in. :/

hahahaha so true

Dogbyte

Wanderer

hey im a newcomer, and this was my first few minutes at jhelom farms as i was trying to train my tamer.

.....i start to tame panthers and gorillas...then a red rolls up on me(i wont mention names cause all he'll do is cry about it) so i run back out to the teleporter so i can escape, only to find that another character with the same name as the red, this time blue (along with a tamed chicken next to him) is standing in the middle of the teleporter to block anyones escape. so he catches up to me, kills me, lawls about it to his pk friends that are there with him, then proceeds to do the same to another guy.....

of course i expected this so i didnt have anything on me, i got get ressed, then i realize i have to go back and release 3 panthers i had tamed for clearing purposes, so i port back and find him sitting inside the fenced in area just waiting, but before he kills me the second time i manage to release all three pets...btw thats sad it took him that long to kill a newb tamer with 50str.

my point is that guys like this will always be around, they are as constant as time itself, you cant make'em change, cause if you try, they'll just whine about it and call foul saying that you are ruining their playing experience, and maybe leave UOG , kinda ironic. but anyway, even though this sort of stuff happens, i dont let it bother me, but i feel this has got to be the number one reason new players dont stick around (maybe for the better and maybe not), its the first thing they experience, and thus becoming their first impression. if i was gonna get ganked for no reason, at least make me answer a riddle or toy with me, make it fun for ME too! hehe your not making a living by killing unarmed, unequiped, penniless newbs. Im not saying all reds are this way, but what i am saying is that all starting new players experience this scenerio, so if you want to be a red and do this, and have fun at it, then more power to ya, everyone gets their jollies from something. having murderers around is just part of it. you just gotta steer clear and play smart and eventually you'll have your day too, just like them. after all thats why we all play right? to have fun?

dont sweat the petty, or pet the sweaty...you'll thank yourself later.

so be a red if you want to...just play.

Red in town = uber gay and no old style uo

Matter of fact get rid of ethys, custom houses and anything after! So gay :p