UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mining

Bladerunner1

Wanderer
Re: Mining

Best way to macro mining.
===================

The other guys are on the right track, except you want to make it completely automated.

First thing about complete automation, this is illegal if you are, (as quoted by tessa under the rules) "unattended".

Best way get around tessas rule and compeltely automate is to use 2 computer screens. This way you can have complete automation on one screen while surf the internet or play on the other.

If you cant have 2 computer screens then you will just have to make do with watching TV, or doing whatever. while you are macroing. What i used to do before i had 2 screens was switch to max res and use half the sceen for the game and half for whatever else, that still works.

Now how do i AUTOMATE macro?
========

Well, its a complicated macro sequence. You CAN do it at minoc, but the best way to do it is own a mining house.

I'm going to start with how you would do it at a mining house then move on to how you would do it at minoc.

Automated mining using your own house.
========

STEP ONE.
view the picture at th ebottom.
Firstly, your minign hosue needs to be an empty custom plot next to a mountain. Put a secure chest on the plot so you can reach it while you are mining. Your plot should look something like the first attachment i made. With the chest nearish to the mountain. You want as much mountain as possible in a straightish line hwen you buy a house. The more mountain tiles you have near the house the more its worth. Also the type adds value, with shadow being worth one of the most due to the price of shadow stones, gold/verite/agapite/valorite also worth a bit.

STEP TWO.
Start with a basic macro Walking up and down next to your mountain in a loop. Remember to make it go change direction twice, because when you change direction it isnt couted as walking. It should look something like this

Walk North
Walk North
Walk North
Walk South
Walk South
Walk South
Walk South
Walk North

As you can see, it walked one direction 3 times, turned around, walked the other direction 3 times, turned around. Just keep the turning around in mind.

STEP TWO.
Now, between each walk you want to mine a tile. Make it attempt to mine like 5 times at each tile, But before each mine attempt you want one IF "no metal" -do nothing -ELSE mine END IF. That way it wont aste time trying to mine once no metal is left. After mining 5 times it walks and tries again.

It should be like

For(5)
IF systemmessage=("no metal") THEN
ELSE
Double click (shovel)
pause .50sec
TargetAbsolutetarget("XXX")
pause .50sec
END IF
END FOR

The for repeats something 5 times so the macro doesnt have to write it 5 times, makes your code smaller and easier to read.

STEP THREE
You now have an automatic miner, the problem is that you wll get overweight and then your stuck, cant move and it will stop running. Here you want to make it go return the metal to your chest for EVERY tile it mines.

Yes, I realise it wont always be full of metal and might waste time, but even if its a little bit slower.... its automatic, its still good.

So dropping off the metal is grab item by type and drag to chest. Remember if your mining rock its going to be a bit harder. I suggest you have a second account next to the first chest that is constantly running and is organsing the rocks into like 10 other chests, that way instead of the script mining 125 and then stopping, it can mine like 1250 rocks before it gets stuck.

STEP FOUR
Tinker with it and get awesome. Technically, you could use a COUNTER, or WEIGHT check, after each mine, so that it actually checks if your full before returning the goods this way the scirpt runs really fast.

For(5)

IF weight=("275") THEN
Walk North
Walk North
Drag type(ingots)
Drop Relative location
Walk south
Walk South
Walk South
END IF

IF systemmessage=("no metal") THEN
ELSE
Double click (shovel)
pause .50sec
TargetAbsolutetarget("XXX")
pause .50sec
END IF

END FOR

This is complicated and i simplified the code, you should get the idea though.

STEP FIVE
Dont fall asleep while this is running or you could get jailed/banned. And laugh at the first admin that thinks your a easyuo user when really your just awesome at RAZOR. Make sure you take screenshots of your macor sFIRST and have everything ready for whent he admins try and acuse you of macoring so you can provide evidence it was legit. If you wait till long after getting jailed to protest they wont believe your are legit.

NOTE*** Dont be a idiot and use an illegal third party program then claim you were using this, it looks compltely different to them and they can tell.

Automated mining using your own CAVE
========

Refer to the picture. Basically what i did here was like 10 trip to the house (the picture shows 6 but there was more). And it would walk, collect ingots then return to the house every so often. The main thing is it doesnt try and do the whole lot and return, it progesses bit by bit returning to the house, once it finishes the last bit it starts again (and because razor is slow the ingots have returned by now).

THis is a completely awesome way to mine and i ran this LEGALLY for ages until i got bored of it and sold this plot.

Automated mining using MINOC
========

Same principle works in minoc using the bank, its slower, you can get pkd, its not recommended but works, i made this in my first month back to UO back in APRIL08 before i bought a mining house and build a script for there.

Why am i telling everybody this.
========

I dont play UO much i wanted to see the reaction. Am i a dirty cheat or a skillful operator?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 95

sqbox

Sorceror

Am i a dirty cheat or a skillful operator

I always thought it wasn't worth it due to the respawn timer unless doing it afk 24/7 cheating. But i've no idea if it's worth it although it would be less hassle pressing the buttons and you can play poker. What was the take using this automaton per hour?

I remember failing my automaton setup miserablely awhile go so I could play poker/mine at the same time. so you're more skillful than I.

That your plot in the 2nd picture? I remember it going idoc recently and it used to be 10x8 plot there.

Bladerunner1

Wanderer

You are somewhat correct with regard to the respawn on mining locations. As i briefed over in my guide, i started in delucia and moved to the house in that picture, and eventually sold it when i was rich enough.

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/housi...te-cave-secure-1-tile-cave-entrance-exit.html

lol, i thought i was so sneaky, you acn see in that pic i hid the secure behind a wall so people couldnt even see it was a mining plot.

Delucia worked fine, except it got pkd and blocked occasionally which threw off the whole thing. I think it worked the best for me because i live in australia and used it off peak, so hardly any pking. The cave/house worked fairly awesomely, razor macros unfortunately walk slow, (i think they designed it that way >) so by the time it reaches the end you should be good to restart your route.

The best way to build a large macro like that is make each route (each part you mine), an a seperate macro initially. And at the end open up notepad and paste them all into one group. The advantage in doing this is you arnt ever working wth a massive ass macro. If you dont have the luxry of a cave, as the other guy said, its still good while playing poker. The hint i will give people who have basic mining houses is to expand your route as far as you can, make like 5 macros that mine a large area around your house (then join them together), if you picked the right house its still pretty safe and it qaudriples your rate of return.

I actually upgraded to a more profitable system. I will sell anybody the razor macro for only 500k, anybody can make this system without a house or anything. I want to keep it secret but the one thing i will say is you arnt making money off mining, but it is WAY more profitable.

You are guaranteed to triple+++ your money with only the first small amount of running, and from there its massive profits. Check my post history if you want to see if im legit. Also, it is so freaken impressive you will cream your dacks when you see it.

No work farming... way better than mining, completely legal hit me up (I dont really farm anymore but i figure i might as well sell this if somebody is smart enough). Plus, it took so muchw ork for me to perfect the razor macro.

private message me and ill give you a more detailed brief on what you are buying here.

kdivers

Knight

why dont you just use easyuo while you are at it?

:rollseyes:

also, razor macros are slow as shit with walking, tbh...

Bladerunner1

Wanderer

Dont use easyuo because its illegal. If the admin isnt nice they will just ban you instead of jailing you.

If you reflect for a moment you may realise that when you chucked 50 mil in the trash (and yes, he actually did this)... you may have forfieted the right to talk to noobs about how they should earn gold... and what it is like was like when you are poor and first came back to Ultima.

Long story short, people grind gold. hell, even I grinded some gold with a tamer when i was new. What i'm referring to is what smart peopel do instead of grinding.

Yes it is slow, but then unless you had a REALLY big cave most of the time you will need it to run slowly so that the iron has enough time to respawn.

kdivers

Knight

Bladerunner1;1797132 said:
Dont use easyuo because its illegal. If the admin isnt nice they will just ban you instead of jailing you.

If you reflect for a moment you may realise that when you chucked 50 mil in the trash (and yes, he actually did this)... you may have forfieted the right to talk to noobs about how they should earn gold... and what it is like was like when you are poor and first came back to Ultima.

Long story short, people grind gold. hell, even I grinded some gold with a tamer when i was new. What i'm referring to is what smart peopel do instead of grinding.

Yes it is slow, but then unless you had a REALLY big cave most of the time you will need it to run slowly so that the iron has enough time to respawn.

i was joking wiht the easy uo reference. i was putting emphasis on how his method was so close to illegal that he actually might get jailed/banned if he gets up to take a piss at the wrong time :-P

and i threw away 150m worth, not 50m :-P

Tribal

Lord

Bladerunner1;1797132 said:

thats pretty much bot mining

kdivers

Knight

also, i fail to realize how me throwing away 150m worht of clothing and rares is the same as me "forfeiting" the right to talk to noobs about how they should earn gold. the simple notion that i earned that over 300m gold without poker or idocs or donating or being staff should be reason enough for me to tell them how to earn money.

Tribal

Lord

I think u have the right to tell noons whatever u want to. They're noobs they're supposed to listen to the vets