UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mining

Azural Kane

Wanderer
Mining

So, I'm training some smiths and I need a heap of iron ingots. I've got a GM miner but I'm pretty new to trying to do this resource farming thing. Basically I'm not sure what is even considered good yield.

How much should I be looking to make an hour, roughly, in ingots?

Any recommendations on good spots? I am finding the mountain I live near to have a lot of "not visisble" areas, which is a big pain and a waste of time.

Any other general advice that might help me speed this up? Thanks guys.

wkstrm

Lord
Re: Mining

Well, miningspots are secrets. :) That much I can say. But generally, try to mine all around the mountain (if it's not too big ofcourse). Get to know your enviroment so to say. Memorize where the good spots are, for training smithing you only want iron ingots but keep the other ore as well since it migt be good for trading. depending on how many smiths you're going to make you might want to consider buying ingots instead.

when I trained my BOD-runners I first trained smithing, then tailoring. After that I would train magery and med up to 65 (so that I will never fail a recall) and then I'd train hiding. After that I also trained mining on all of them. since it would be the 6th or 7th skill depending on if I choose an complementary skill training mining would be slow. by the time I would hit GM miner I would have mined about 4-5k ore which equals about 10k ingots which is what it takes to GM smithing. usually I would mine atleast 6k ore though just to be on the safe side.

once done I would start next smith and train smithing and do the same thing again. maybe a bit slower than just buying 100k ingots and make 10 smihs straight away but I got a lot of colored ingots as well which is a good base for start filling the better BOD's. :)

kdivers

Knight

for ultimate mining, make a miner on 4 different accounts and make a mining macro that way you can mine 4x as fast in 4 different locations. and yes, it has to be player attended macros. one i perosnally like is

use item: shovel
wiat for target
target rel location (0,0) (for caves, that is)
pause 500

and loop that shit nigga

by the time you start mining on the 4th guy, the first one shoudl be ready to move, and it all repeats :-p

Azural Kane

Wanderer

kdivers;1786924 said:
for ultimate mining, make a miner on 4 different accounts and make a mining macro that way you can mine 4x as fast in 4 different locations. and yes, it has to be player attended macros. one i perosnally like is

wiat for target
pause 500

and loop that shit nigga

by the time you start mining on the 4th guy, the first one shoudl be ready to move, and it all repeats :-p

Really? Hm. Might have to try that. How many ingots do you pull in, say, 1hr, with this method?

Azural Kane

Wanderer

kdivers;1786940 said:
4x what you pull with 1 miner. depends on how fast you mine :-p

Right, but it's not a complete hassle to manage all 4 at the same time?
Was thinking of doing this, and it will be all attended, so I'm wondering how insane it'd make me. :p

Ankoku15

Sorceror

Make absolutely sure that you have all screens displaying on your monitor, as long as you can see the screen to respond if a staff member checks on you then your not afk gathering

it is usually best to set up a macro with organizer too, when your weight maxes out you recall to your forge(place it so u can access it outside of your house) and organize the ingots into a secure container then recall the to the next spot, if you time it right you will restart the loop just as the ore respawns on the mountain

only thing you really gotta do then is buy/make recall scrolls

Azural Kane

Wanderer

How about Lumberjacking? Is it more involved, or will more than 1 prove useful as well?
Not necessarily for BODs but just general lumber gathering

kdivers

Knight

lj isnt good. takes 2 second to empty a tree...

anyway, faction vendors sell boards at 2gp per... thats 150% profit on resale

wkstrm

Lord

if you target the side of the mountin you will always target in that direction as you did when you made the macro.
if you target your feet you will always target closest minable patch if I remember correctly.

Reemer

Squire

kdivers;1786924 said:

wiat for target
pause 500

and loop that shit nigga

i tried this in razor and wasent able to type anything. am i doing something wrong?

sqbox

Sorceror

Reemer;1788382 said:
i tried this in razor and wasent able to type anything. am i doing something wrong?

After you record yourself using the shovel (target your hitpoint bar for 0,0) you need to change the double click to by type. And change absolute target to relative location.
And add the pause .50sec (special constructs) by right clicking the mouse.

For the mountains change absolute target to last target. but you'll have to use last object to get that target.

I have hotkeys set up F1 last object F2 mining shovel F3 mining pickaxe F4 stop macro F5 organizer F6 prospector and I just added this to F7 key so I have one less button to push.

Macro record:
Double click (oxxoXd)
wait for target
absolute target

Change it by right clicking to:

Double click (shovel)
wait for target
last target
pause .50sec

Double click (shovel)
Wait for target
Target RelLoc (0,0)
pause .50sec

kdivers

Knight

sqbox;1788437 said:
After you record yourself using the shovel (target your hitpoint bar for 0,0) you need to change the double click to by type. And change absolute target to relative location.
And add the pause .50sec (special constructs) by right clicking the mouse.

For the mountains change absolute target to last target. but you'll have to use last object to get that target.

I have hotkeys set up F1 last object F2 mining shovel F3 mining pickaxe F4 stop macro F5 organizer F6 prospector and I just added this to F7 key so I have one less button to push.

Macro record:
Double click (oxxoXd)
wait for target
absolute target

Change it by right clicking to:

Double click (shovel)
wait for target
last target
pause .50sec

Double click (shovel)
Wait for target
Target RelLoc (0,0)
pause .50sec

this

Azural Kane

Wanderer

I added an IF statement in my loop to stop the macro automatically if the "no metal to mine here" message comes up. It works great, just add a .5 second delay after the start of the IF statement (right after the first IF line) so Razor doesn't go thru it too fast and end your macro incorrectly