UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

military

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'
Re: military

I was a 21B for a while, then 11B. I did OSUT at Leonard Wood.

I don't know of "Car wash hill" but there are definitely some killer hills on that post, being in the Ozarks. I distinctly remember a 15k road march where the hills weren't always steep, but it was pretty much uphill the whole way. The demo range was the worst terrain out there though. It's just all red clay and you'll get stuck to the point you have to use your upper body to pull your legs out of it every step of the way.

The weather sucked too. It was 80o F all day long, then it hailed golf balls out of nowhere. After the night invasion course in basic my pants were frozen to my skin and my sling to my rifle.

I finished AIT with a fractured hip and pneumonia. I knew I had the pneumonia - I spent about 4 days in the hospital for it during black phase - but I didn't find out my hip was actually fractured until I got home. And I wore a Swiss seat for most of the day after I unknowingly broke it.

So yeah, fuck Leonard Wood.

RAKninja

Page

reminds me of a kid in my basic cycle. in the gold phase, they found out he had shin splints. poor kid was heartbroken. unlike some of the dirtbags i went to basic with, this kid really wanted to be there, really gave it his all. all he had to do was the PT test run, which he was more than capable of, but they wouldent let him on account of the shin splints. he had to sit at PTRB for like 6 more weeks before being inserted into a near-graduation cycle to do his run.

RAKninja;2143918 said:
reminds me of a kid in my basic cycle. in the gold phase, they found out he had shin splints. poor kid was heartbroken. unlike some of the dirtbags i went to basic with, this kid really wanted to be there, really gave it his all. all he had to do was the PT test run, which he was more than capable of, but they wouldent let him on account of the shin splints. he had to sit at PTRB for like 6 more weeks before being inserted into a near-graduation cycle to do his run.

I love this response. I ran along side some sickle cell anemia brothers in boot camp to inspire them. You have to love and respect those who WANT to be there! Much respect to all those who serve. I come from a family of disabled vets. My Dads is 90% disabled due to taking a mortar round in the back in Vietnam, and im a wee 30%, but I served proudly!

RAKninja

Page

30%, that's the magic number for permanent tags.

i'm fighting the va to get that. a leg you can barely walk on is worth more than 0%, what they rated mine because it can bend.

RAKninja;2144063 said:
30%, that's the magic number for permanent tags.

i'm fighting the va to get that. a leg you can barely walk on is worth more than 0%, what they rated mine because it can bend.

I thought u needed more for full time base access?