UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

military

xnoslen

Wanderer
military

any military friendly/populated guild out there? just got back from overseas! looking to start up uo again!

RAKninja

Page
Re: military

i dont know about entire guilds, but i do know there are quite a few of us veterans scattered about the server population.

bk0811

Knight

yeah there are a few of us veterans, i think a while back some active duty guys tried to start up a military only guild but it didn't quite workout for whatever reasons

amish_ned

Sorceror

i think we are all military friendly, at least the English speakers for the most part. But yeah there are alot of us vets that decided to start uo back up. I actually started after i got out, in 96.....

:( yeah im old

RAKninja

Page

amish_ned;2140915 said:
i think we are all military friendly, at least the English speakers for the most part. But yeah there are alot of us vets that decided to start uo back up. I actually started after i got out, in 96.....

:( yeah im old

i got out ten years later. now _I_ dont feel so old anymore.

CaptainInsano;2140941 said:
That would be cool! Disabled vet here, son of a disabled vet!
makes two of us. you in your local DAV?

a lawyer

Sorceror

I dont really know the answer but thanks to all of you guys for your service, it doesn't go unappreciated (disregard the libs plz)

im off to haiti in march and afgan in 2012 (orders could change still but we are on alert) id love to join a military guild :D what branch were you guys? Im army, a 21E

RAKninja

Page

Bekido-hybrid;2141141 said:
cav scout? heh how was fort knox? fuck misery heartbreak and agony. fuck em all.

went to hard knox yourself?

misery and agony werent all TOO bad, but heartbreak was a motherfucker.

ahh, and herd park, THAT was an experience.

they were all small beans to a place we called "spur ridge" outside of camp garry owen, korea.

reminds me, a guy i knew in basic was into UO.... i wonder if he ever played here.

ya i did my basic at knox and went onto AIT in leonardwood. when we got there they ran this hill called carwash hill and the first 3 weeks of ait the sgts kept threatening us with it and the 12 of us from knox were like lets see this hill, had nothing on any of ours at fort knox lol. herd park was amazing, we went through right after some serious rain. took me atleast 2 hours to clean my gun and i did it the easy way of taking it in the shower lol when did you go through basic / ait? i got done with basic in uhh may i think it was. was in C-146.

Ta2dmarine

Wanderer

ugh. fuck leonardwood. I took a Lat at 5 years, and Motor T basically made me leave the Corps.

Carwash was small fries but sucked ass in winter. Actually any run did, so many people ate shit on ice during runs it was ridiculous.

Big Daddy's was nice to throw money into, though.

one of my instructors was the head of security at big daddys so he got a few of us in the vip room for free, was an awesome night. needless to say we lost our offpost passes that weekend.

RAKninja

Page

Bekido-hybrid;2141152 said:
ya i did my basic at knox and went onto AIT in leonardwood. when we got there they ran this hill called carwash hill and the first 3 weeks of ait the sgts kept threatening us with it and the 12 of us from knox were like lets see this hill, had nothing on any of ours at fort knox lol. herd park was amazing, we went through right after some serious rain. took me atleast 2 hours to clean my gun and i did it the easy way of taking it in the shower lol when did you go through basic / ait? i got done with basic in uhh may i think it was. was in C-146.

if it doesent rain before you go to herd park, they hose it down. it rained before i went, too. funny thing about my cycle, any time we had a training event, it rained. literally EVERY time. i think the only time it didnt was the day we went to wood II for last pre-qualifacation rifle range. but back to herd park, i never thought i'd see 140 guys sitting on a sidewalk in their skivvies waiting to hose the sand they are caked in off..... but i did, and was one of them to boot.

i went through knox march-july of 03. spent a year and a half, roughly, at garry owen in korea, then we shut down the western corridor, and i spent another six months or so at camp hovey. broke my kneecap, got shipped to hood and ETSed from there. was gonna reup before i got broke, but the breaking made me bitter. did the ETS because it was so close and i didnt wanna be held in for a med.

what gets to me is how so many soldiers constantly complained about how jacked up 2ID in korea was, compared to the units in the states, but we were a fucking honor guard compared to most of the shit i saw in hood.