UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Massive Lag

Re: Massive Lag

Where are you in the game, Brit or out in the middle of nowhere? Is music/sound still enabled? Does anything you do (or anywhere you go) make the lag better or worse? Bring up task manager again with client.exe open and go to the performance tab. Of total available physical memory [RAM] in K, how much of it is currently used? Finally, sort the list of running processes again with client.exe open and see which processes are using most of the cpu time and list them here.

Wow, your CPU is only hovering around 40%, and you have PLENTY of free RAM. Were you able to figure out what makes the lag worse or better? Experimentation is probably going to be key here.

Is the lag always bad no matter what you are doing in game or where you go? Does the internet run slowly when the game is lagging, or do pages come up just as fast?

I also see that you are connected by wireless LAN. Wireless connections are notorious for having intermittent issues that can be caused by anything from cordless phones to even your microwave in the kitchen. I strongly advise that you "plug in" as a troubleshooting step to see if your lag is any better or worse.

g0bb

Wanderer

derreisender;1690872 said:
Is the lag always bad no matter what you are doing in game or where you go?

Yes

Does the internet run slowly when the game is lagging, or do pages come up just as fast?

Pages run just as fast when UO is up, videos buffer just the same etc.

I also see that you are connected by wireless LAN. Wireless connections are notorious for having intermittent issues that can be caused by anything from cordless phones to even your microwave in the kitchen. I strongly advise that you "plug in" as a troubleshooting step to see if your lag is any better or worse.

If that was the case, wouldn't it be a global problem? This problem is unique to UO.

Different applications work different ways. UO uses hardly any bandwidth on its own. Do you have time tonight for a phone call?

It'll be a lot easier/quicker to try and troubleshoot this in a real-time conversation, if you're comfortable with that. If you're in the US, I can make the call (and deal with charges). If you're outside the US, we'll have to set up something like Go-to-my-pc to allow me to look at things and do some tests while you watch.

g0bb

Wanderer

derreisender;1690904 said:
It'll be a lot easier/quicker to try and troubleshoot this in a real-time conversation, if you're comfortable with that. If you're in the US, I can make the call (and deal with charges). If you're outside the US, we'll have to set up something like Go-to-my-pc to allow me to look at things and do some tests while you watch.

I'm in the UK.

You got Vent?

Aye, I've vent. It's probably about 22:33 your time, if memory serves me right. Ever use go-to-my-pc or anything similar?

Ante Up-

Wanderer

im having this same problem also...very laggy the mouse hand "in game" moves very slowly across the screen and when im trying to run on my ethy it takes like 4 steps pauses for a sec and then takes another 4 not running like its supposed to and i really need to figure this out so i can pvp rite.

Ante Up-

Wanderer

Ok just cuz i quit for 2 years and nobody knows me.. don't help.. ill deal with the shitty lag that barley allows me to run. tyvm! [=