UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Loot Increase

amish_ned

Sorceror
Re: Loot Increase

Buonarroti;1639385 said:
Holy shit Ned- that sig is awesome. Punker's out-did himself. As for taking a high cost mare out, I'd be more likely to take it into dungeons- if it gets killed the chances of it getting boated are minimal compared to the open field. Of coourse the safe recall macro is all important in that scenario as well.

Thanks, yeah I love my sig, I think that might even be George Washington on the right there, I think Punkers Slave likes me quite a bit to be using ol' Georgie in my sig.. heheh anyways,

yeah i have an awesome escape macro and I am pretty slippery when I see them coming since my main has no fighting ability other than my pets and usually they are already busy so I just bounce. But others dont fair as well otherwise if no one was getting then there would be no reason to be red because all your prey would just recall or kill you back. I think if it were a little more difficult to be a red then EVERYONE wouldnt have one and you wouldnt see one EVERY time you went to a spawn, and it would make the reds that wanted to remain red the real ballers.. Just my opinion.

GradGT

Sorceror

Buonarroti;1639402 said:
Cracks me up when people think that simply because you don't share their opinion that yours is not valid.

Just because someone's opinion is different than yours doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

"Who calls their best friend a fuckface?"

"People who's best friends are fuckfaces."

-Trip Fisk

GradGT

Sorceror

amish_ned;1639407 said:
Thanks, yeah I love my sig, I think that might even be George Washington on the right there, I think Punkers Slave likes me quite a bit to be using ol' Georgie in my sig.. heheh anyways,

yeah i have an awesome escape macro and I am pretty slippery when I see them coming since my main has no fighting ability other than my pets and usually they are already busy so I just bounce. But others dont fair as well otherwise if no one was getting then there would be no reason to be red because all your prey would just recall or kill you back. I think if it were a little more difficult to be a red then EVERYONE wouldnt have one and you wouldnt see one EVERY time you went to a spawn, and it would make the reds that wanted to remain red the real ballers.. Just my opinion.

To be honest I don't see what reds see in dungeon PKing anyways... it's not fun. It's pretty much just run around for 10 minutes looking for someone to recall. Maybe it's psychological thing, making people recall when they see you MIGHT make your penis feel bigger.

Grad;1639413 said:
To be honest I don't see what reds see in dungeon PKing anyways... it's not fun. It's pretty much just run around for 10 minutes looking for someone to recall. Maybe it's psychological thing, making people recall when they see you MIGHT make your penis feel bigger.

PKS (old school ones atleast) pked for loot. The best loot is to pktamers. They usually have a lot of gold, full sets of magic armor, many vanqs ect. If you are a fast pk, you can engage a tamer by disrupting their frist recall attempt and stun them and kill them easily before they get another recall off.

amish_ned

Sorceror

datonedude;1639438 said:
PKS (old school ones atleast) pked for loot. The best loot is to pktamers. They usually have a lot of gold, full sets of magic armor, many vanqs ect. If you are a fast pk, you can engage a tamer by disrupting their frist recall attempt and stun them and kill them easily before they get another recall off.

I can understand the kill tamers for loot. I can understand boating mares for ransom (why the admins allow this is beyond me other than they dont want to mess with enforcing another rule). What I cant understand is leading off pets so they cant be found. Most pks at least the smart ones should want to keep tamers in buisness as much as possible so they are comfortable in the spawns so they go more often and dont recall as often and drop loot because they know reds are on the way. When I pk'd on OSI I never wore out a spot, I always wanted to be a surprise, it is never a surprise to see a red here on hybrid, they are at every spawn point and every tom, dick and harry has one. There is no real hinderance to being a red other than being a big red target in town. Most blues have the feeling of leave me alone and ill leave you alone when they see a red. Every decent red should want some sort of balance and implement a stat loss or anything that weeds the true murderers from the scraps. The dungeons will be full because they wont be absolutely chuck full of tamer killers and we will all have what we want. The real murderers will have all the blue meat they can eat and the blues that want to hunt can with out having to constantly watch for reds. I can understand that most people that have played UO for anytime have a red because of the action and the thrill of the kill ( i know I did and do), and from what I see the admins have reds and in this might be the very problem. This is no slam to the staff just an observation of what I see from the front lines and from a guy that doesnt have hundreds of millions of gold and five different guilds full of friends to hang with whenever you want to play.

I hope someone reads this that has some authority, and can remember this game when you had nothing and wanted to play because killing harpies and orcs was fun and they had good loot. Remember that not everybody is a pvp guru and different people play for different reasons, whatever the case we ALL should want this shard to be full and healthy because newer games are getting popular and who want a shard with just a hand full of reds killing each other??

amish_ned;1639457 said:
Remember that not everybody is a pvp guru and different people play for different reasons, whatever the case we ALL should want this shard to be full and healthy because newer games are getting popular and who want a shard with just a hand full of reds killing each other??

Maybe you are playing on the wrong shard then son. This is a PVP shard and if you want to be a trammy, maybe demise is more your style. Or better yet, go back to Everquest and PVM all day.

Hybrid = PVP

More Reds = More PVP

Worried about geting Pked = Kal Ort Por (make sure you have 0 murder counts)

Cant fight 2 v 1 = Train your pets, My 2 7x mares and I can kill pks 3 on 1 easily.

amish_ned

Sorceror

datonedude;1639516 said:
Maybe you are playing on the wrong shard then son. This is a PVP shard and if you want to be a trammy, maybe demise is more your style. Or better yet, go back to Everquest and PVM all day.

Hybrid = PVP

More Reds = More PVP

Worried about geting Pked = Kal Ort Por (make sure you have 0 murder counts)

Cant fight 2 v 1 = Train your pets, My 2 7x mares and I can kill pks 3 on 1 easily.

You are so cool. Except that you cant read SON, i was playing this game when you were still suckin baa-baa's and poopin in your diaper. This is a pvp shard, WHO are these lame reds that you can kill with your mares gonna kill when the blues that are their prey lose interest and go play everquest. The mentality of go somewhere else really isnt what you want, you want to embrace the people that are farming gold with one arm and if you chose to be a red kill them with the other. People who come to this game should be welcome so that it will have lasting power, lets remember this game is 12 years old and not really gaining in popularity. It seems to be just a little older than you by looking at your last post.

Dobman

Wanderer

I wish they would make Hybrid 2 (same server, wiped, pks NOT allowed in town) i think that would be fun... perhaps no staff given items etc to keep the economy a little more fun... lowered items drops more gold drops... stat or skill loss when a red dies... i dont know.. pvp is all well and good... i personally dont enjoy it... but i love this shard.... i think many people share this sentiment. Could be wrong, i dont know everything. just seems that being red/blue has no difference at all on this shard, except REDs piss more people off =p hehe

I know this is a pvp shard... kinda (and i dont want to play a trammy server) but something should be done to make being red have some consiquences (i cant spell, i understand that) to balance the benifits.

amish_ned

Sorceror

Dobman;1639541 said:
I wish they would make Hybrid 2 (same server, wiped, pks NOT allowed in town) i think that would be fun... perhaps no staff given items etc to keep the economy a little more fun... lowered items drops more gold drops... stat or skill loss when a red dies... i dont know.. pvp is all well and good... i personally dont enjoy it... but i love this shard.... i think many people share this sentiment. Could be wrong, i dont know everything. just seems that being red/blue has no difference at all on this shard, except REDs piss more people off =p hehe

I know this is a pvp shard... kinda (and i dont want to play a trammy server) but something should be done to make being red have some consiquences (i cant spell, i understand that) to balance the benifits.

I think the poll that Mark started about reds in towns summed it up. It shows that this isnt a pvp shard, it showed more people liking the idea of reds needing to have some consequences to choosing that profession, thats why all the npcs freak out when they see one. Its because UO was designed to have pvp, reds and blues. The blues are the good guys and the reds are not. Therefore they should have a hard life. Case and point if the blues go and play a shard that is only pvm who are the reds going to murder, each other thats it, and they will get tired of that since most are lazy and want their cake and eat it too. They will kill other reds get 30 regs each and a couple pots and trapped pouches and get tired of that. Thats how shards fall, no activity.

GradGT

Sorceror

I've said it before, reds DO have penalties for being red, just cause it's not enough of a penalty to satisfy you doesn't mean there is no penalty at all.

Reds do have a harder life than blues. Ever try running through town on a red? Yea, you don't get whacked by guards, but you seem to acquire a train of blue players all trying to touch your sphincter.

BACK ON TOPIC, I LIKE TO PVP. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO PVM, IF THE GOLD DROPS WEREN'T SO GODDAMN SHITTY. But they are. So I don't PvM. However there's no reason it has to be that way. Pretty much the entire shard agrees with me, except some eccentric yahoo's who think that this shard has an "economy" and that increasing the amount of money hardworking players can earn is somehow going to negatively effect that. It's not!

Dobman

Wanderer

one penalty? and one that is mild at best? (i know there are a few more, but only one was mentioned) I see reds in towns all the time with no on attacking them... And even so... the fact is that that "penalty" is not a penalty at all. Reds are free to kill where ever they go, and without risk. They carry minimal loot, and lose NOTHING for dieing. While blues, who are usually us who either: a - have played since before t2a on osi (like me) and never enjoyed pvp or b -new players who dont have the resources to train in the art of PvP (more then skills mind you, cause it is an art) and will never get the chance because reds constantly kill miners at minoc mines (for no apparent reason... it cant be fun, and the loot has to suck...) lose out on any chance of enjoying there stay.

Mind you... the reason this game is still around is the thrill of playing. Its not like other games which have become WAY to common and mundane, where there is no risk therefore reward is pointless, and everyone just sits around grinding till the next expansion where they can continue a little further and shell out more money...

I think reds are essential for this game. I dont like to pvp, but if it wasn't a big part of this shard/game the game would suck (hence all of our distain for trammy) but there should be some sort of risk involved.... My roomate and I have been trying to figure out a way to balance this a little bit... with little luck...

Some suggestions we came up with...

A bounty system... like in old uo... but different hehe
Something along the lines of... at a kill count of 5 a red is required to have X amount of money in the bank... higher kill counts means more money is required... when someone kills that person they recieve their head... (how this is done has been of much discussion between us) either by carving the body and taking the head.... or looting it off the corpse... which is a better idea since then at least they would have looting rights so if someone else tried to steal it... there would be consiquences (cant spell, i know it =p hehehe, i should put that in my damn sig) then turning in the head will give them a certain percent of the reds "bounty" and the reds kill count would drop either to 5 or like half of the current amount. the server would impose a 20% tax... which is an idea i like because we have a lot of gold on the server, and while we may not have a real economy, it would be nice to drop it a bit... plus this would hopefully be enough to make a red not want to have an alt blue kill them and turn in their head so they can get the reward for themselves. If the red were to not have enough money in their bank to cover the "bounty" then a penalty would be imposed. Stat or skill loss... every 24 hours or something... i dunno... reds could still be allowed in town i guess... but they wouldn't.... cause they are ACTUALLY risking something....

A more simple one would be skill or stat loss on death if you are red... also like it used to be...

I dunno

This is supposed to be about the loot increase (Which is nice, i havent tried the harder crap yet... looking forward to it when i am healthier (been sick a few days)

sorry for the long winded post... i guess i was in the mood to type... feel free to flame me for my grammar and spelling.... or for being so damn long winded... or if ya hate everything i said... i hope i didn't piss off the admins by saying that hehe

Peace

[edit]
i'd also like to add that i think its funny how everyone uses trammy as a negative word on this server (and rightfully so) but then shells out 650 for hot pink sandals and mills for even more seemingly trammy items hehe

GradGT

Sorceror

While I agree with some of what you said, the last bit about how people call eachother trammies is definately true, your view on the penalty that reds should suffer is narrow minded and voiced purely from the perspective of the angsty blue who's mad about getting PKed.

For instance you make the assumption that because reds PK people at minoc mines means newbs will never get the money to be able to PvP. WHOA! That's a rediculously exagerrated and over-dramatic assumption. There's tons of ways to make money, even whilst constantly being PKed. So take the time to think things through a little more and don't automatically assume the sky is falling cause an acorn hit you on the head.

Dobman

Wanderer

hehe i havent been pked in quite a while... i play a tamer with no defensive capabilities, and still die rarely due to recalling =p

when did this turn into a personal attack? thats not what i intended... I LOVE the fact the pks exist... if i didn't stress that enough last post, i am expressing it now. I'm not trying to be narrow minded, i just like to think that being open minded would include thinking about all players and not just the Reds that you are so fervently defending.

I dont think that reds should be removed from the server... or even unable to turn a nice size profit for being red... a bit of risk just seems appropriate.

I do however hate that fact that they usually risk nothing and reap rewards not appropriate to the risks involved.

UOGSales

Wanderer

The risk of being red has always been (in part) the fact that ANYONE can attack you at ANY TIME. Stat loss for dying is insane and the bounty system will always be exploited (though taking the gold out of a reds bank account would certainly end that).

Why punish a dying breed? Reds (with the exception of the eq/ms guilds) who run about solo or in teams of 2 (like i do) are few and far between.

In the good ol days (Beta Testing OSI - being a gm on pacific for 2 years - trashing the shard in protest when they released trammel) Being red had meaning.. it meant you were badass.. now it just means free regs to any number of other players (red or blue) that outnumber you.

There seems to be no honor left. I only attack Blues, Rivals and Reds who attack me first.

Back on topic. No need to punish reds with statloss (insane)

FYI: The topic of the thread was loot increase.. so how we got on to punishing PKs i'm not quite sure.. I have already expressed my thoughts on the loot increase so I wont bother doing it again.

GradGT

Sorceror

Dobman;1639756 said:
hehe i havent been pked in quite a while... i play a tamer with no defensive capabilities, and still die rarely due to recalling =p

when did this turn into a personal attack? thats not what i intended... I LOVE the fact the pks exist... if i didn't stress that enough last post, i am expressing it now. I'm not trying to be narrow minded, i just like to think that being open minded would include thinking about all players and not just the Reds that you are so fervently defending.

I dont think that reds should be removed from the server... or even unable to turn a nice size profit for being red... a bit of risk just seems appropriate.

I do however hate that fact that they usually risk nothing and reap rewards not appropriate to the risks involved.

My post wasn't meant as a personal attack.

I've been PKing on this server for about 4 years and I have yet to turn a profit from it, aside from the time I PKed some guy leapfrogging a chest from an IDOC. But that's one time in four years.

PK's risking nothing? What I carry on me when I PK (aside from suicide missions) is 9 times out of 10 worth more than the loot of those that I PK in dungeons, 99 times out of 100 when I PK elsewhere. You made the generalization that the opposite is true, and it is not!

I've played from both players perspective, the PvMer and the PK trying to kill the PvMer, and to be honest I don't think there's really any value in being a PK, only the fun of killing people. You may get a couple magic items and a little gold if you should successfully PK a PvMer, but for every one you actually do kill, six or so recall and get away. It's much more profitable to be the PvMer! Still, I think it should be more profitable (for the PvMer)... as of right now you only make about 20k in 30 minutes and I think it should be at least double that.

To be honest I don't know why these PKs have the time to go around searching the dungeons for people, it takes a while and you seldom find other people, whereas if you go to popular PK spots you can find people instantly... but that's just my opinion some people are probably more patient than I am.

Grad;1639806 said:
I've been PKing on this server for about 4 years and I have yet to turn a profit from it .

You must not be very good?

Grad;1639806 said:
I've played from both players perspective, the PvMer and the PK trying to kill the PvMer, and to be honest I don't think there's really any value in being a PK, only the fun of killing people. You may get a couple magic items and a little gold if you should successfully PK a PvMer, but for every one you actually do kill, six or so recall and get away. It's much more profitable to be the PvMer! Still, I think it should be more profitable (for the PvMer)... as of right now you only make about 20k in 30 minutes and I think it should be at least double that.

One out of Six? You need hiding and stun to be a good Tamer PK. I get atleast 50%.

Grad;1639806 said:
To be honest I don't know why these PKs have the time to go around searching the dungeons for people, it takes a while and you seldom find other people, whereas if you go to popular PK spots you can find people instantly... but that's just my opinion some people are probably more patient than I am.

If you know the hot spots, I would say it takes less then 2-3 minutes to find a SOLO tamer. If you engage them, they have the chance to recall but cant run to town and call guards. If you go to the pk hot spots (Brit GY, Del) you can find ganks of blues, or close to even numbers of blues that will run into town. Most of them have no gold, no pots, no magic armor or weapons.

Killing tamers is by far the most profitable way of making a living as a PK. Just ask Whiteshedevil who has bought a castle from only playing a PK.

GradGT

Sorceror

datonedude;1639808 said:
You must not be very good?
Sorry what were we talking about?

One out of Six? You need hiding and stun to be a good Tamer PK. I get atleast 50%.

You need pubes to be a real man. I have millions.

If you know the hot spots, I would say it takes less then 2-3 minutes to find a SOLO tamer. If you engage them, they have the chance to recall but cant run to town and call guards. If you go to the pk hot spots (Brit GY, Del) you can find ganks of blues, or close to even numbers of blues that will run into town. Most of them have no gold, no pots, no magic armor or weapons.

Even magic armor, the most valuable loot to be obtained in the PKing profession, still isn't worth the gold it's made out of.

Killing tamers is by far the most profitable way of making a living as a PK. Just ask Whiteshedevil who has bought a castle from only playing a PK.

Okay, I'm going to ask her. Where can she be contacted? I don't know, nevermind, I guess i'm not going to ask her.

Grad,
Please stop posting, you are embarrasing the real forums whores on uog, you truly are pathetic; and a shitty PK.