UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Loot Increase

Re: Loot Increase

earth eles are still around 100 gold :(

great update though i cant wait to make a little bit of money

now my peace tamer isnt useless

This is great mark ty i just hope its not a straight incrase it is only on strong monsters that have a higher chance of vanq drops

I say mad props to you Mark. The higher gold dropped by harder monsters will in fact make dungeon PvMing alot better and more worthwhile altogether. Anyways, keep up the great work on the Best Game I've ever played.

Stormcast

Sorceror

Dunno about increasing Items Drop Rate, gold i can see but items am not sure , I have so many Vanqs I could barely sell them for 4k each hehe

YOMOMA;1638517 said:
lol i dont care if a monster gave u 1 mil check im not going in a stupid dungeon!
I LOVE PVP!!!!

Unless i knew that the Gay ponie guild was at the dungeon hehe.

There is a lot of PVP in the dungeons, and it is never the same thing. There are traps, monsters, tamers, it is just a different style of pvp. It is more like how the Americans won the Revelutionary war fighting instead of standing there like the Brits and shooting eachother straight in the face.

MarcusO

Sorceror

Mark;1638442 said:
I think automated resource harvesting, BOD gathering, and other activities of that nature have a much worse impact on the economy.

This simply makes playing the dungeons worth it.

There's nothing preventing us from reducing the gold obtainable from other avenues to maintain balance.

*Hands Mark a BIG FAT CUBAN cigar*

You know...for my first couple years on UOG, I tamed, farmed and pvp'd and managed to get enough gold for a couple small houses (one for me, and one for my oldest son). Then I IDOC'd and upsold and ended up with four houses plus a spare million+ gold. Then you nerfed pvm and I got into BODs (farming, tracking, buying, selling, trading and filling), and in less than a year I had over 10 mil. It was a lot of work, so I don't think it's unbalanced relative to pvm. We're talking *months* of effort on BODs.

Of course, since then I've become a Poker Shark and I'm over 30 mil, but that is the stuff of legends :)

As for needing more money sinks, it's not a bad idea, but there's plenty of stuff to buy on the Selling Forum (Chimera's, Castles,...).

I'm going to check my old dungeon haunts and see if it's fun again. I'll report back.

Thanks again...

Buonarroti

Wanderer

Thanks Mark- as an on again/off again vet who had a thief as a main on OSI for years and never learned to PvP in the open field this is a godsend. Now if only we could get some high value non-blessed stealable items I'd be giddy as a school girl.

amish_ned

Sorceror

I tried out the dungeons yesterday, didnt see much difference, not enough to risk taking an expensive mare out. Both times I went out within 10 minutes ran into reds, and I was not in a real high profile place. It just seems that the reds are soo catered too on this shard, it seems that there are so many reds. Dont get me wrong I like the challenge and I do like this shard, but you cant even go to a remote place and farm gold for ten minutes without having to recall out because someone want to gank you. It is very unbalanced in the dungeons it seems. Again dont get me wrong I like the pvp but its just seems easier to be a red than a poor guy plunking away at monsters for some loot thats got a good chance at being looted of your dead carcus.

Manic3456

Sorceror

Mark;1638442 said:
I think automated resource harvesting, BOD gathering, and other activities of that nature have a much worse impact on the economy.

This simply makes playing the dungeons worth it.

There's nothing preventing us from reducing the gold obtainable from other avenues to maintain balance.

Agreed, THANK YOU! Finally!

Manic3456

Sorceror

quid pro quo;1638433 said:
Excellent! Thank you!

PKing in the dungeons has meaning again. ^-^

You suck at PvP, how are you expecting to kill a tamer in a dungeon?? Lol.

Buonarroti

Wanderer

Holy shit Ned- that sig is awesome. Punker's out-did himself. As for taking a high cost mare out, I'd be more likely to take it into dungeons- if it gets killed the chances of it getting boated are minimal compared to the open field. Of coourse the safe recall macro is all important in that scenario as well.

GradGT

Sorceror

To be honest, while this change is appreciated it's really not enough. There's no reason why the gold dropped by monsters shouldn't be a little better, at least up to what it was on OSI during the p16 era. I would say that it should be double what it is now. The value of a million gold in this server is way less than the value of a million gold on OSI, and yet the gold monsters drop reflects the opposite.

Those who are willing to work hard and grind the monster hunting should be able to bring in more cash. Some people enjoy doing this and It's undeniable that more people would be active in the game if there was more profit in PvM.

I don't think it's unreasonable that people should bring in 60-80k an hour of monster hunting on the grounds that it's high risk and cannot be automated. With the way gold is exchanged on this shard, doubling the amount of gold earned by people PvMing will have only a positive consequence.

GradGT

Sorceror

GreatSquid;1638484 said:
I think this is awesome. PvM has been a big part of uo for a lot people over the years and now it will be worth your time.

Thanks Mark!

I see a lot of people are too quick to kiss ass, if you had actually gone out and tried it you'd see the difference is negligible.

UOGSales

Wanderer

The item drop increase is decent.. and if u sell to npc or on a vendor it is a decent change.

From experience
LL: 4 magic weapons (all crap, but chance factors in)

O well... see previous posts by me for my other thoughts. Ha!

Buonarroti

Wanderer

Cracks me up when people think that simply because you don't share their opinion that yours is not valid.