UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Lag Issues Resolved. (No, seriously!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

salamando-hybrid

Lag Issues Resolved. (No, seriously!)

The issue was the .NET SP1 update. After backing out of that, the server seems to be lag-free. This will also help other shard admins to know that .NET SP1 is the cause.

Sorry about the problem, call Microsoft and house complaints.

Tay M'real

Sorceror
Congrats guys...I know you've put alot of hard work and hot pockets (hopefully ham 'n cheese) into this....

Great job!

S

salamando-hybrid

Yes, much in the way of ham n cheese hot pockets (and mountain dew: pitch black). We were hoping SP1 would address issues with .NET, not cause more. :p

kan3-hybrid

Wanderer
salamando said:
Yes, much in the way of ham n cheese hot pockets (and mountain dew: pitch black). We were hoping SP1 would address issues with .NET, not cause more. :p

thats against microsoft policy

Tay M'real

Sorceror
That would be totally against micro$oft......

If Micro$oft O/S's went to "rental agreements" instead of purchases, you would see alot less bugs and security loops.....I assure you ;)

blue_drac

Wanderer
Do you honestly think that MS would put out a product that would fix anything?

Serious props to the staff....

and to those who whined about the lag, I hope you are all site-banned for a year.

Buddy Lee

Wanderer
salamando said:

Well if there is anything I have learned about MS SP's is that you should only install even numbered ones. Thinks about NT 4.0 service packs.

Maybe MS is secretly using the Linux kernel numbering system and just never told us. (Even numbers are stable and odd numbers are unstable incase someone does not know)

Galgum

Page
salamando said:

Pitch Black is fucking awesome.

Immune

Sorceror
Hey thank to the staff for working hard. Im not exactly sure how the scripting is on these UO shards but if its anything like trying to navigate a multishell linux platform or C coding im sure it was some serious brain picking. (especially when your dealing with updates other new un-tested components)

Ken-hybrid

Wanderer
To all those many people who paged in throughout the problems to report to us that they knew the cause of the lag was the Clean Up Brittania barrels/system for a definate and undisputed fact, and then proceeded to argue with us when we told them it was not:

I told you so. Think twice about you who're talking to next time =)

Scribe_mage

Wanderer
aww so it wasnt the trash barrel? =( lol just joking, comon why would they think that the trash barrels eliminate stuff only thing it adds are emblems. People should think. ^.^ jap violate that

Ken said:
To all those many people who paged in throughout the problems to report to us that they knew the cause of the lag was the Clean Up Brittania barrels/system for a definate and undisputed fact, and then proceeded to argue with us when we told them it was not:

I told you so. Think twice about you who're talking to next time =)

ROFLMAO

Go Ken!

Phantom16

Wanderer
WEWT!!!...thank you guys!!!!!

oh, and wtf is mountain dew: pitch black?.....i love MD, we have normal...code red...and that summer orange stuff.... but no pich black....I WANT SOME!!!!!

Monoxide

Sorceror
Phantom16 said:
WEWT!!!...thank you guys!!!!!

oh, and wtf is mountain dew: pitch black?.....i love MD, we have normal...code red...and that summer orange stuff.... but no pich black....I WANT SOME!!!!!
A tasty "black grape" drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.