UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Killed while in town ????!!

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Re: Killed while in town ????!!

Well, if you're in the thieves' guild, you can get attacked at any time. You'll show blue to everyone, but when someone attacks you, you're the one that goes grey.

I'm think, if that happens and I able to run and cast the incognito spell, Will be I another person fron the system? if The attacker strike me, Can I call guards?

Azural Kane

Wanderer

I don't think people realize the issue here, this is happening to newbie characters, blue characters, characters that don't flag first. I'm not in the thieves guild and I was unflagged when I rezzed, but I was still able to get attacked without guard help. :(

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Lord Morpheus;1724690 said:
I'm think, if that happens and I able to run and cast the incognito spell, Will be I another person fron the system? if The attacker strike me, Can I call guards?
Nope, that won't work.

Azural Kane;1724695 said:
I don't think people realize the issue here, this is happening to newbie characters, blue characters, characters that don't flag first. I'm not in the thieves guild and I was unflagged when I rezzed, but I was still able to get attacked without guard help. :(
Another explanation could be that you were standing outside of NPC range, and you died before you could call the guards. (Because you can only call the guards after the attack hits.)

I'm finding it very hard to think the system is flawed. I've never experienced any bugs myself.

grylant

Sorceror

ok with the attack that killed the vet its simple. if he innitiated an attack on you then you ar egrey to him. now there are 2 timers.
timer 1. is how long it is untill you turn blue to everyone allowing you to be able to bank and be rezzed by npcs. its on a 120 second timer(2 minutes)
timer 2. is if anyone attacks you while you are grey. you could be at 119 seconds, 1 second from turning blue. if you are attacked you will still highlight grey to the person that attacked you for 120 additional seconds.

so its simple really. while your timer finished and you became blue and were able to rez the person that killed you still had you set as a criminal to them. so you were able to rez, bank but still were able to be attacked. hope this helped you out some. and in all actuality it is likely what happened to the OPer. looted someone elses kill, turned grey and was attacked pretty close to turning blue but remaining grey to attackers. or he probably just attacked the pk back screwing himself over.

Azural Kane

Wanderer

grylant;1725011 said:
ok with the attack that killed the vet its simple. if he innitiated an attack on you then you ar egrey to him. now there are 2 timers.
timer 1. is how long it is untill you turn blue to everyone allowing you to be able to bank and be rezzed by npcs. its on a 120 second timer(2 minutes)
timer 2. is if anyone attacks you while you are grey. you could be at 119 seconds, 1 second from turning blue. if you are attacked you will still highlight grey to the person that attacked you for 120 additional seconds.

so its simple really. while your timer finished and you became blue and were able to rez the person that killed you still had you set as a criminal to them. so you were able to rez, bank but still were able to be attacked. hope this helped you out some. and in all actuality it is likely what happened to the OPer. looted someone elses kill, turned grey and was attacked pretty close to turning blue but remaining grey to attackers. or he probably just attacked the pk back screwing himself over.

that's the explanation i was looking for
ty

Thanks, now I can say "I don't like this flag system!"
I agree to flag criminal who loot someone else kelled;
I agree to flag criminal who attack blue peopple;
I agree to flag criminal who stiling,
I agree to flag criminal... etc.

But I'm, I was and I will be totally against to flag criminal who attack a attacker, i.e. Who attack someone that attack him first, that is not fair. If someone want to attack me, he must be prepared to the consequences. And flag me criminal becose a attack someone that try kill me is wrong, the criminal is the attacker, unfortunately this bug exist in all most every shard that I play.

Lord Morpheus;1725097 said:
Thanks, now I can say "I don't like this flag system!"
I agree to flag criminal who loot someone else kelled;
I agree to flag criminal who attack blue peopple;
I agree to flag criminal who stiling,
I agree to flag criminal... etc.

But I'm, I was and I will be totally against to flag criminal who attack a attacker, i.e. Who attack someone that attack him first, that is not fair. If someone want to attack me, he must be prepared to the consequences. And flag me criminal becose a attack someone that try kill me is wrong, the criminal is the attacker, unfortunately this bug exist in all most every shard that I play.
you only turn grey to that person. noone else

Amazonia

Sorceror

Best Place to go afk I believe is Yew...

Not much thief, not much lame gankers.

Delucia and Britain are infested of thieves.
Other towns are victim of kamikazes...

TomDnSC

Wanderer

I too was killed by the Gating Naked Red Kamikazies.

My solution was to create a Macro to cast Dispell Field on Target Type Moongate.

I used it successfully in Delucia when I saw a group of 3 or 4 naked Reds appear in a Gate.

The Macro runs fast and one Red was killed after the gate dispelled.

The reds are naked and they are casting from scrolls, so there is nothing left on their corpse.

They have blue scouts so pay attention to who is casting the gate for them.

Sarla

Sorceror

TomDnSC;1732528 said:
I too was killed by the Gating Naked Red Kamikazies.

My solution was to create a Macro to cast Dispell Field on Target Type Moongate.

I used it successfully in Delucia when I saw a group of 3 or 4 naked Reds appear in a Gate.

The Macro runs fast and one Red was killed after the gate dispelled.

The reds are naked and they are casting from scrolls, so there is nothing left on their corpse.

They have blue scouts so pay attention to who is casting the gate for them.

What makes you think they were casting from scrolls?

Also it was funny to watch them come back and loot your body for regs after they exploded you.

TomDnSC

Wanderer

Sarla;1732578 said:
What makes you think they were casting from scrolls?

Also it was funny to watch them come back and loot your body for regs after they exploded you.

The fact that nothing is on their red corpse. I guess they could have one each of the regs to cast explosion.

tonkatsu

Wanderer

scrolls would be better to use to keep the fizzle from happening. especially if htey doing FS.

Sarla

Sorceror

tonkatsu;1732811 said:
scrolls would be better to use to keep the fizzle from happening. especially if htey doing FS.

I am not sure, but it looks like Flame Strike makes them get guard whacked instantly, they have some time to get away when casting explosion. Explosion doesn't fizzle and 2 regs are a lot cheaper than a scroll.