UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Killed while in town ????!!

fizban1127

Wanderer
Killed while in town ????!!

hi guys, i just started playing UO here...my last time playing on OSI server was when the game first came out , for like 6 months...i had great fun on your server..... i have one q...how was i killed in town.... i was in minoc, in the general supply shop, while buying stuff, some red pop'd in, open gate in the shop door, so i cant leave, proceeded to gate in and out and nuking me... i died after few times....his name was red, and i was calling guards and no one came... the npc vendors just stood there.....was it a bug ? what should i do next time ? thx !

Re: Killed while in town ????!!

fizban1127;1722858 said:
hi guys, i just started playing UO here...my last time playing on OSI server was when the game first came out , for like 6 months...i had great fun on your server..... i have one q...how was i killed in town.... i was in minoc, in the general supply shop, while buying stuff, some red pop'd in, open gate in the shop door, so i cant leave, proceeded to gate in and out and nuking me... i died after few times....his name was red, and i was calling guards and no one came... the npc vendors just stood there.....was it a bug ? what should i do next time ? thx !

Well there is a few things they can do. I can't really word it well. But it's like a kamikaze made to grief people. Don't worry too much about it. It happens to a lot of people just trying to play the game.

fizban1127

Wanderer

it wasnt a kamikaze tho, he was naking, but i didnt see guards doing shit... so he wasnt killed by guards or anything..

DeViiaNt

Knight

Dispell their gate, and get greater heal up so when they hit you, you heal yourself and call guards. They'll all die and you're still alive having the last laugh.

Amazonia

Sorceror

Hide yourself.... they usually only carry flamestrike scrolls, they won't be able to unhide you most of the time.

M a r k u s

Wanderer

M a r k u s;1722869 said:
Some dude named papa or some crap like that PKed me at Brit bank 2 nights in a row :p

Lmao, speak of the devil. He just got me again! Hehe... He killed the wrong character though lol, he opted for the 1k bandaids instead of the 2k regs :D

He always dies, I assume he loots and gates with another account. It's all good :p

EDIT: And I looted the bandaids too actually... Weeee score one for the good guys! >.>

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Town killing like this happens regularly, and the best thing to do is just heal and get away if you notice it. Don't go AFK for extended periods in towns, and especially not with good items on you.

The way it works is, people cast Explosion or Flamestrike (or throw pots), then go back through their gate. The guards won't kill them, because they're not around anymore.

Reds are allowed in towns on Hybrid, the guards will only whack them in they attack you (and you or another person calls the guards), but the whack will only have effect if they're still around.

Another thing people often use is a gate to a shrine, so they can attack you in town and not worry about getting whacked, because they can easily res and try again.

Code Blue

Knight

Shino90;1723011 said:
Town killing like this happens regularly, and the best thing to do is just heal and get away if you notice it. Don't go AFK for extended periods in towns, and especially not with good items on you.

The way it works is, people cast Explosion or Flamestrike (or throw pots), then go back through their gate. The guards won't kill them, because they're not around anymore.

Reds are allowed in towns on Hybrid, the guards will only whack them in they attack you (and you or another person calls the guards), but the whack will only have effect if they're still around.

Another thing people often use is a gate to a shrine, so they can attack you in town and not worry about getting whacked, because they can easily res and try again.

Pots do nothing in town if you are blue i believe

Well,

The type of town killing describe here is common in any shard, buuuuut yesterday I was in Britain Cemetery and someone attack me, normal, I got a new character and no arrows, because that I run to the town and claim GUARDS!!! Nothing happen. I continue say Guards, Guards, Guards, Guards, and nothing. I do all the way to the First Bank of Britain, open my bank, put my stuffy inside, all the way saying GUARDS, but the bastard reach me and kill me. And he was not kill by the guards. I don't lose anything, but this make me nervous about the guard system.
And no, any event was running at the time.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Lord Morpheus;1724039 said:
Well,

The type of town killing describe here is common in any shard, buuuuut yesterday I was in Britain Cemetery and someone attack me, normal, I got a new character and no arrows, because that I run to the town and claim GUARDS!!! Nothing happen. I continue say Guards, Guards, Guards, Guards, and nothing. I do all the way to the First Bank of Britain, open my bank, put my stuffy inside, all the way saying GUARDS, but the bastard reach me and kill me. And he was not kill by the guards. I don't lose anything, but this make me nervous about the guard system.
And no, any event was running at the time.

Did you attack him first? Or were you flagged criminal for looting someone's corpse? If he attacked you again inside the guard zone, you should've been able to guard whack him.

Shino90;1724125 said:
Did you attack him first? Or were you flagged criminal for looting someone's corpse? If he attacked you again inside the guard zone, you should've been able to guard whack him.

Well, I dont attack him, but is possible that a loot a someone corps, I could confound a person skeleton whit a skeleton.

Open a loot from a monster killed by someone turn me a criminal?

DeViiaNt

Knight

Lord Morpheus;1724368 said:
Well, I dont attack him, but is possible that a loot a someone corps, I could confound a person skeleton whit a skeleton.

Open a loot from a monster killed by someone turn me a criminal?

Yes. If you loot a corpse of a monster that someone else has killed, you will go grey. There is a timeout until you can loot the corpse. If it shows blue, you will become criminal. If it is grey, it's free to loot without consequence.

catts

Sorceror

It doesn't explain how he was able to bank his stuff if he went grey.

DeViiaNt

Knight

Or he's in a guild at war with someone and doesnt realize they can kill you anywhere.

Amazonia

Sorceror

Everytime I am afk for hours, I don't get killed in town.
Everytime I am afk for like 5 sec, I'm killed in town.

This is pathetic. Lol.

catts;1724393 said:
It doesn't explain how he was able to bank his stuff if he went grey.

Exactly! Needer how I could be ress by the town healer.

DeViiaNt;1724402 said:
Or he's in a guild at war with someone and doesnt realize they can kill you anywhere.

No, I'm noobe in this shard, I'm not in any faction or guild. That is the problem, I loot some corps, and I forgot to see if they are blue or grey, but I could use bank and be ress. I believe that exist some level of grey that the bank and healer tolerate. That is the only explanation.

Amazonia;1724419 said:
Everytime I am afk for hours, I don't get killed in town.
Everytime I am afk for like 5 sec, I'm killed in town.

This is pathetic. Lol.

Excuse me ignorance, but what is afk?

incubusfox

Wanderer

Away from keyboard.

He's basically saying he could start watching a movie, totally forget about UO, come back, and he would be alive.

But if he gets up to go to the bathroom, he'll be dead when he gets back.

It's sad how true that is...

Azural Kane

Wanderer

Lord Morpheus;1724575 said:
Exactly! Needer how I could be ress by the town healer.

No, I'm noobe in this shard, I'm not in any faction or guild. That is the problem, I loot some corps, and I forgot to see if they are blue or grey, but I could use bank and be ress. I believe that exist some level of grey that the bank and healer tolerate. That is the only explanation.

I had this happen tonight.

I was grey from training Vet, all well and good, got attacked in town and killed. I wait, turn blue, rez, go back to the bank, and the same guy kills me again.

I'm blue mind you, able to open the bank, and all. I call guards about 6 times and nothing happens.

I don't see how I was still flagged to him (I shouldn't have been flagged on him in the first place, I never attacked him or even defended myself,) and showed blue to myself.

How was I still flagged yet able to rez at the city healer and use the bank, etc? He didn't use the gate trick he just stood there and dumped on me LOLing while I was thoroughly confused.

Please explain... guard system seems kinda whacked... no pun intended ;D