UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Jail times and Ban

danidomin

Wanderer
Im not thinking about gathering resources unnattendly again but, id like to know, how many times you go to jail before a ban for this?

Thanks!

hickman48

Knight
Based on what staffy catches you and if they are in a good mood or not you have x strikes on your record might be jail if in a bad mood and they don't want to have to deal with it maybe a ban.

raveX

Page
I agree with Bile on this one. I don't think a ban is something that should occur for just unattended resource gathering. I am certainly against unattended gathering though, and it being illegal and punishable will help protect the economy. I feel increasing amounts of jail time plus confiscation is the right approach. At a certain point, the player should see the reward is not worth the risk. The staff will have to clearly define the amount of jail time and level of confiscation so that it remain consistent and fair to the offenders. It also takes any possible heat off of the staff as they are simply acting on defined rules (considering past corruption allegations)

Bile

Knight
The staff will have to clearly define the amount of jail time and level of confiscation so that it remain consistent and fair to the offenders.

It also takes any possible heat off of the staff as they are simply acting on defined rules (considering past corruption allegations)

I tried to put focus on increased jail sentencing instead of ultimately banning players. I think this slowly became the case, but not entirely written down for public viewing (besides on the signs in jail?).

I've always vouched for staff rules to be made public after Xavier caught a member editing their tames during Pet tournaments. A simple suggestion of mine that got ignored is to enforce through code that if a staff member is online, they are only to be online with either their staff account or their player account. I understand this could complicate testing somethings, but this is why you got numerous amounts of staff members or you can only connect after a page has been sent and are allocated a certain amount of time to answer it. This will eliminate the uprising of rogue staff members. Though, if given appropriate access are able to log in whenever and conduct world building or event planning.

sk8nomad

Sorceror
i say legalize it, why not?... EUO is legal... and while yer at it legalize auto loot too: its more cumbersome to sift through the 1000:1 garbage to decent item ratio than to kill the actual monster!

my $0.02, take it or leave it

I think autolooting should be legal in a pvm situation. There's no downside to it. IF a person is afk resource gathering with an autolooter that would fall under afk resource gathering anyways... as stated above the ratio of good items to bad items is so small that it's actually a pain to move all the items to a corner one by one and check them.

Autolooting should be illegal in pvp situations, and i think staff should check for infractions in this scenario.

As far as banning goes, I think that while streamline rules are good to have, the punishment should be in a case by case method. Previous offenders should be dealt based on their track record. Also jail time isn't the only thing that can be done other than banning, i know staff have deleted BOD books for afk bod gathering etc...

Overall, I think with EUO you have a slippery slope, but ultimately no one plays uo for the grinding away for countless hours. I don't think it was BODs and autolooting that caused the ridiculous inflation on demise, it was rather the use of exploits by players to create a ridiculous amount of gold in a short period of time. Which happened with and without EUO.

Whatever98

Squire
Insert Whatever98's uninformed opinion here: _____________

lol, d/w Aegian im startin a new job soon so wont be on as much ;)

i got jailed for macroing fishing one time :/
said i was unattended gathering fish -_-'
if that was a strike then the 3 strike thing is harsh

(edit: thinkin about it, it was probably one of you lot abusing power again...)
(i dont think the hardcore players should be GMs, and this is why.. it's a conflict of interests :/ )
(especially when you have the maturity of 13 year olds ;))

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror

(i dont think the hardcore players should be GMs, and this is why.. it's a conflict of interests :/ )

silvertiger

Knight
Insert Whatever98's uninformed opinion here:

One of the lamest uninformed opinions inserted.:/ With the new instancing if you and at least one buddy are farming it's all you can do just to loot gold w/o counting nice items, but whatever we must deal with what we have.

Whatever98

Squire
Oh Aegian
DSCF3897.JPG
You so silly :p

im not gonna say i dont post opinions because i do, but i always say I THINK, before i post an opinion, hence stating it's an opinion; or i'll put imo, or personally. these are opinions.

facts are posted as well, and are actually facts. i suggest you learn to read, it may help you in distinguishing the difference.

on the bright side, i think i remember why i don't like you :p
wont have been a specific thing, will have just been because you're a generally obstinate teenage troll.
im just so glad Brocode aren't in charge anymore. for obvious reasons.

as for the trolling:

it's just cute now you don't have any admin teeth, and it's nice to see the old brocode getting back in to their routines ;)

Whatever98

Squire
more to the point of the thread, there are actually signs and stuff in the jail rooms that tell you the exact rules around jailing. but i cant remember them exactly because i've not been in there for a while.

i think it's 3 strikes, increasing the jail time on each strike, but if you're ever jailed make sure you check the signs and stuff to find out exactly what's what. you have to anyway, at least a bit, to get the mantra to be released.

mytilus

Sorceror
I tried to put focus on increased jail sentencing instead of ultimately banning players. I think this slowly became the case, but not entirely written down for public viewing (besides on the signs in jail?).

Bile said:
no one should ever get banned from Ultima Online in 2014.

There's no such thing as perma-ban on demise in 2014 or otherwise, at least once a year every piece of crap cheater is allowed to return. Also, I think its so cute how bile is always commenting on when he was staff this and well when he was on staff he did that and he was working on an event but too bad you didn't get to see it because it was awesome! Also its really cool to insert sly comments in small text so I will proceed in this manner... Every time i see him post about staff shit now, in my head i can't help saying "and one time at staff camp"

Bama

Bug Huntress
commenting on when he was staff this and well when he was on staff he did that and he was working on an event but too bad you didn't get to see it because it was awesome!

I am guessing you never had to deal with J Lehman's ego?

mytilus

Sorceror
You sir are confusing whatever it is you are talking about with all out trolling,when somebody else starts doing something that annoys me I will troll them too....

Because that's how i roll :cool: