UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Island Administrators?

Re: Island Administrators?

yeah, I agree completely. role players should have to learn to fight. but to deal with constant campers?

that's why a ban system would be good for the reds that camp it with no interest in role playing, just getting easy kills.

Caz

Knight

I also don't wanna go red from killing those blues that just run around going "RPERS SUCK" "WANT TO SUCK MY DICK BITCH?" etc et al...

Red has the right idea. RPers should be able to adapt to the tone of this shard and defend themselves if needed, or be able to retreat to other areas to continue their RP if they want. It would be a bonus if we got support from Seers but honestly we don't need it and can look after our community without help.

This thread and its posters bore me. Hybrid is full of little kids being dicks we dont need any in the rp community.... we have always been the mature ones lets not change that. roll with the punches.

Vek

Sorceror

Caz;1943695 said:
I also don't wanna go red from killing those blues that just run around going "RPERS SUCK" "WANT TO SUCK MY DICK BITCH?" etc et al...

Red has the right idea. RPers should be able to adapt to the tone of this shard and defend themselves if needed, or be able to retreat to other areas to continue their RP if they want. It would be a bonus if we got support from Seers but honestly we don't need it and can look after our community without help.

All I was asking for was a little moderation from the Administrators......im not saying i cant live without the help, im trying to help the community, it cant continue to grow if the RP islands is anti-rp theres not a large enough group of RPers to rebel against it yet. Im not asking for guards, im not asking for trammel, im asking that if 30-40 people come to the island and continuously kill and res-kill rpers then move this parade onto the homes of the RPers that these people should be banned from the islands. Am I really wrong in asking this?

Vek;1943767 said:
All I was asking for was a little moderation from the Administrators......im not saying i cant live without the help, im trying to help the community, it cant continue to grow if the RP islands is anti-rp theres not a large enough group of RPers to rebel against it yet. Im not asking for guards, im not asking for trammel, im asking that if 30-40 people come to the island and continuously kill and res-kill rpers then move this parade onto the homes of the RPers that these people should be banned from the islands. Am I really wrong in asking this?

So let me get this straight, you believe that the rp community cannot grow if people that attack the rp community aren't banned from the islands?????

killbot

Sorceror

The so called 'greifers' give people on the island something to do, Its fun when a horde of reds come and all the rpers band together to kill them.

Its good how it is now, Just promote more. that will increase the rp community

have player made events made for everyone, not only rpers. If you put forth more effort then

you could have a healthy playerbase for the rp community

killbot;1943775 said:
The so called 'greifers' give people on the island something to do, Its fun when a horde of reds come and all the rpers band together to kill them.

What Vek is trying to say is that this doesn't happen. The RPers just get owned. Not saying that I believe they shouldn't have to fight back sometimes, but you can't just go to the RP islands and have a peaceful scenario at the moment. You'll just get rolled through. It's not an opinion that it's currently hard to do a peaceful, unmounted scenario or anything of that sort on the island, it's a fact.

Ajax

Lord

do what caz said and leave, they won't hang around if they don't have a reason to

Ajax;1943796 said:
do what caz said and leave, they won't hang around if they don't have a reason to

It's only a temporary solution Ajax, in order to beat it you must rise against them and kill them. The only tested and true way to fend of people that regularly attack and kill roleplayers. I know this from years of experience in the rp community on this server. When TcD was first created we had to carve our little nich out in yew with the blood of our enemies before people finally started to leave us alone.

Lets face the facts, people that do this aren't the greatest pvpers around, they want easy kills. These are the same people that prey on the miners and the newly ressed reds in bucks. Stop making it to easy for them and start killing them and they will come by less and less. Obviously there are exceptions but for the most part killing them solves the problem.

Vek

Sorceror

Vas Griffith;1943770 said:
So let me get this straight, you believe that the rp community cannot grow if people that attack the rp community aren't banned from the islands?????

Are you even reading my posts?

Vek;1943767 said:

Maybe i'm blind but what does the part in the quote that is bolded mean? I thought i pretty much summed it all up.

Vas Griffith;1943770 said:

Vek

Sorceror

Vas Griffith;1943823 said:
Maybe i'm blind but what does the part in the quote that is bolded mean? I thought i pretty much summed it all up.

Ok what you missed was the entire post......If 1-3 people come in cool fine ill fight, if 10 people come in cool fine ill leave or try to fight depending. Now when theres 20-30 people all camping the islands.....I can hardly escape and I deffinetly cant fight that. Now I'm a red so if I'm attacked and theres a swarm of people around me I have to use gate travel, now when these 20-30 people not only are camping the islands and griefing RPers, but are also following the RPers back to their area and camping there too something should be done. I'm not talking about banning everyone that ever kills and RPer in the islands, honestly I'm not even talking about constant protection, but if someone could just come by and check every now and then, and if they see the same group twice still camping, they should get banned temporarily at least or something should be done even if its just removing them. Like I said I don't want Guard Zone, and I don't want Trammel I just want Role Players to have a semi-safe place to congregate.

Vek;1943825 said:
Ok what you missed was the entire post......If 1-3 people come in cool fine ill fight, if 10 people come in cool fine ill leave or try to fight depending. Now when theres 20-30 people all camping the islands.....I can hardly escape and I deffinetly cant fight that. Now I'm a red so if I'm attacked and theres a swarm of people around me I have to use gate travel, now when these 20-30 people not only are camping the islands and griefing RPers, but are also following the RPers back to their area and camping there too something should be done. I'm not talking about banning everyone that ever kills and RPer in the islands, honestly I'm not even talking about constant protection, but if someone could just come by and check every now and then, and if they see the same group twice still camping, they should get banned temporarily at least or something should be done even if its just removing them. Like I said I don't want Guard Zone, and I don't want Trammel I just want Role Players to have a semi-safe place to congregate.

Ok Vek, here is where my issue lyes. It seems to me that you are contradicting yourself. First you say that only zergs should be removed from the island. Then near the end of your post you say that any group of an undetermined number that is camping the island for an extended period of time should be removed. Can you please clarify?

Although i disagree with your assesment on the need to have bans for the rp island what i do agree with is the need for roleplayers to have a semi-safe place to congregate. These days that's a rare thing to find. I guess i've been living the high life these past few years with my house in Yew. What would you say if i turned my house into a tavern of sorts and friended members of all rp guilds to it? I pretty much own the biggest rp house in yew so i could accomodate everyone.

Vas Griffith;1943854 said:
Ok Vek, here is where my issue lyes. It seems to me that you are contradicting yourself. First you say that only zergs should be removed from the island. Then near the end of your post you say that any group of an undetermined number that is camping the island for an extended period of time should be removed. Can you please clarify?

Although i disagree with your assesment on the need to have bans for the rp island what i do agree with is the need for roleplayers to have a semi-safe place to congregate. These days that's a rare thing to find. I guess i've been living the high life these past few years with my house in Yew. What would you say if i turned my house into a tavern of sorts and friended members of all rp guilds to it? I pretty much own the biggest rp house in yew so i could accomodate everyone.

I have a better Idea. Everyone acknowledges and respects TcD for having high standards in both RP and PvP. What if TcD become the guards of the Island. We will start recruiting more and train people to battle the non rpers. In return... The people of the island will be our sheep. We will demand the sacrificing of Virgins to our Vampires to feed. If you guys want to keep using the island because it is great then agree to this and you know tcd will open the gates of hell onto these visitors and rain down a flury of vengence on behalf of the community.

plague_spores;1944042 said:
I have a better Idea. Everyone acknowledges and respects TcD for having high standards in both RP and PvP. What if TcD become the guards of the Island. We will start recruiting more and train people to battle the non rpers. In return... The people of the island will be our sheep. We will demand the sacrificing of Virgins to our Vampires to feed. If you guys want to keep using the island because it is great then agree to this and you know tcd will open the gates of hell onto these visitors and rain down a flury of vengence on behalf of the community.

lol

the evil of the vampires, to most, would overshadow that of the outsiders. most 'good' guilds wouldn't stand for it and then TcD would be all but solely defending from the non-role players and the role players with a sense of justice, which would probably defeat the purpose of defending at all in a time of constant combat like this. if you know what I mean.

Vek

Sorceror

Vas Griffith;1943854 said:

I just didn't want to keep using the same words over and over; group, zerg, etc they all mean the same thing, and technically Zerg isn't a real word anyways.

Black Thunder;1944059 said:
lol

the evil of the vampires, to most, would overshadow that of the outsiders. most 'good' guilds wouldn't stand for it and then TcD would be all but solely defending from the non-role players and the role players with a sense of justice, which would probably defeat the purpose of defending at all in a time of constant combat like this. if you know what I mean.

Okay, So you guys would want to see a good guild guarding it? Like a town guard that is good enough that they can actually defeat intruders?

I could probably work something up and train people in norm pvp as well as specialized uo town combat and house plot combat... Then there is also using knowledge of the game to gain aspects of power within combat...

I think I could have a good guild that could handle them if you guys wish this.

plague_spores;1944144 said:
Okay, So you guys would want to see a good guild guarding it? Like a town guard that is good enough that they can actually defeat intruders?

I could probably work something up and train people in norm pvp as well as specialized uo town combat and house plot combat... Then there is also using knowledge of the game to gain aspects of power within combat...

I think I could have a good guild that could handle them if you guys wish this.

imo you should just do whatever you want. not to sound rude but no one's looking at you in particular for guardianship.

in a role play sense, I'd think the Guardsmen would mostly be guarding the islands from murderous outsiders.

Vas Griffith;1944179 said:
TcD should just claim the island as its own and make everyone pay tribute hehehe

Yup. Everyone else wants to abandon it due to outsides. We can make it our own personal town run by vampires. Great idea! We will charge everyone rent like back in the Tenebrae days. If they dont pay up they die. Doesnt matter if rpers or griefers.