UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Island Administrators?

Vek

Sorceror
Island Administrators?

The island is great, perfect for RP and even pvp. But it was my understanding that the island was created for RPers only, a place away from griefers to interact. Unfortunetly every time I attempt to go to the islands theres griefers & factioners there. Thus me dying, the entire island is a plot isnt there any GM that can watch over it and ban any excessive griefers. Im not sure I even understand why factioners are camping it.

Caz

Knight
Re: Island Administrators?

Heh most of the times when we go there in peak times there's a lot of factioners who talk shit but don't attack (CoM) and some random reds who do attack but there's not that many. When this happens I take the RP back to the SSG or Grd plots near Yew.

Vek

Sorceror

Caz;1943024 said:
Heh most of the times when we go there in peak times there's a lot of factioners who talk shit but don't attack (CoM) and some random reds who do attack but there's not that many. When this happens I take the RP back to the SSG or Grd plots near Yew.

I use the island to buy boxes, tools, resources, etc

Ajax

Lord

Caz has the right idea. Leave if griefers come, if only rp'ers are allowed there it'd be a mini trammel

Vek

Sorceror

Ajax;1943060 said:
Caz has the right idea. Leave if griefers come, if only rp'ers are allowed there it'd be a mini trammel

How would it be trammel? RPers could and would still fight amongst each other, and then form alliances etc, its not like RPers will be at the islands 24/7 most will remain in their guild areas or on raids/guild hunts.

Yes the island was made of house plots to ban excessive griefers. The people there are not excessive griefers. If they kill you oh well that doesnt make them griefers, even if you keep ressing and they keep killing you. Most of the reds and factioners come there to be left alone since they can access the bank and use all of the town's resources without much threat.

If you do not want to deal with it do not go there. Or retreat to the TcD Crypts, I'm sure you know the password to enter the crypts. You are welcome to go there since non-rpers do not know how to get into there.

Use the teleporters to escape.

See if the people killing you have their clients patched, run into one of the tunnels to the evil guilds, people without their clients patch will not be able to leave once they enter them.

Utilize the house hide feature, see someones name appear hide.

Utilize the maze like buildings.

bank all your stuff before they kill you.

Being killed is part of this game and will never change. You are a vet rper you should know this and should def not be on the forums crying for an admin. That just gives the entire community a bad rep.

Take it to pm's, pm tessa or nighthawk. See what they have to say.

We must simply get even. Kill the factioners, kill the griefers. This is why TcD takes its pvp very seriously. A few bolas and a bonded dragon can go a long way to making people not want to come back to the islands. This was going to happen some way or another because the general shard population is quite ignorant to others that play the game differently then them.

Amazonia

Sorceror

If this is the PvPer Type that only want PvP, killing them isn't the solution, make their day boring. Heal through the dump and like... just make it boring for him. Seems odd, but yes this is the best to get rid of those. It's like the worm, cut it more you have more!

If this is someone that PvP/whatever that only want to grief/kill, kill them and make them scared to come back.

krump_king

Sorceror

Griefers make the Islands fun to me they were built for defending and so i utilize it so fighting back as long as we win im down for it cuz thats free loots free morale and free action :p

krump_king;1943124 said:
Griefers make the Islands fun to me they were built for defending and so i utilize it so fighting back as long as we win im down for it cuz thats free loots free morale and free action :p

I agree. Also stop using the word griefer. Non-rpers killing rpers does not make them griefers.

Its good that non-rpers are coming to the island to attack rpers. Keep to your rp whether or not you live or die. Dont lose your cool and rage.

How do you think the rp community grows? This is the main reasons guilds become large. Bringing in new people whom are not use to rping but thought it was cool after they fought us.

plague_spores;1943126 said:
I agree. Also stop using the word griefer. Non-rpers killing rpers does not make them griefers.

Its good that non-rpers are coming to the island to attack rpers. Keep to your rp whether or not you live or die. Dont lose your cool and rage.

How do you think the rp community grows? This is the main reasons guilds become large. Bringing in new people whom are not use to rping but thought it was cool after they fought us.

Herc pretty much hit the nail right on the head here. This is how i was brought into the rp world, i remember back in the day when i was a common red pk. Herc and I were in this guild called city builders and for some reason our noob asses thought we were awesome pk's back then. Anywhays, this guildie said to me and herc, lets go pk some fag orcs, they always carry a ton of loot and are easy to kill. So we took the oppurtunity, when we got the fort and started fighting the orcs I realised that these guys were pretty hardcore. Yah we still killed them and took their shit but that's uo for you. It wasn't long after that I made a roleplayer (and eventually convinced herc to follow suit heh).

Ajax;1943060 said:

Its not like all Rp'rs are farmers and house wives.

Defend it. I know I do. And I have the advantage.

Caz

Knight

DragonSlayer69r;1943430 said:
Its not like all Rp'rs are farmers and house wives.

Defend it. I know I do. And I have the advantage.

:) We do when we're not in the middle of a plot.

Vek

Sorceror

Well I obviously conveyed the wrong message.....

Sorry for raging on the forums.

Caz

Knight

I do agree tho Vek that it's hard to RP when the community is so small and then a whole guild of factioners storm the place... :p

Caz;1943542 said:
I do agree tho Vek that it's hard to DO ANYTHING when the community is so small and then a whole guild of factioners storm the place... :p

I corrected your post within the above quote. K Thx

How are we different from a group of blue tamers trying to farm to make gold and a red faction horde shows up?

How are we different from a group of Order/Chaos guys battling and then a Faction horde comes in and ruins it?

Guys stop broadcasting your pathetic skills as uo players on the forums. We are trying to promote the rp community not destroy it.

Grow up.

Vek

Sorceror

Really all i was trying to say was that the islands should be monitored a little at least, i mean when theres a nice subtle or largest RP event going down and a huge zerg guild decides to camp the island it is just kind of lame and hurts the community.

Caz

Knight

Well one solution would be to add a guardzone like normal towns have.

It's a shame tho because RPtown was a nice place to hang out.

Vek;1943568 said:
Really all i was trying to say was that the islands should be monitored a little at least, i mean when theres a nice subtle or largest RP event going down and a huge zerg guild decides to camp the island it is just kind of lame and hurts the community.

yeah, I agree. it'd be a shame to have to put guards up so some sort of monitoring or ban system for extreme cases would be nice. for instance, gimpcent has camped that place like crazy for the last three days.

Black Thunder;1943618 said:
yeah, I agree. it'd be a shame to have to put guards up so some sort of monitoring or ban system for extreme cases would be nice. for instance, gimpcent has camped that place like crazy for the last three days.

The roleplayers on this shard are simply going to have to make accomodations and adjust their playstile to deal with these challenges instead of trying to get things changed for them. The last thing we need on hybrid is another trammel. If one man can fuck things up so much for you guys maybe its time to review your own abilities in this game. As roleplayers we are very creative people! Use it to your advantage!

Think outside of the box. Instead of.making chars that cannot pvp maybe its time to nake ones that can defend themseles. Instead of never using mounts maybe its time to use them more often. Adapt your playstyle to that of the shard, I'm not saying we have to be leet pvpers but a little knowledge in it will go a long way.