UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Is this type of scam legal?

djsaul

Wanderer
Re: Is this type of scam legal?

if you dont know the nuances of the game its easy to fall into a scam... most new players dont know whats possible and whats not within game mechanics. has nothing to do with being stupid :(

tapio

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
Tell me how someone with a brain will be scammed?

I've played UO for roughly 8 years and I've never once been scammed.

Although I have pulled of a few massive scams (back on OSI the items I got valued in at roughly 80+mill) so I'd still say, only stupid people fall for scams.

Not all people are as lucky as you to have made it so long without getting scammed. A new player with no grasp of the murkier points of UO play would have no idea about these scams. While I understand the current policy is that scamming is not bannable, Moderators should be trying to educate newer/less experienced players about the scamming as opposed to calling them stupid :(

Darkkye

Wanderer

Ive never been scammed at any game as well and I play online crap since Im like 13. (Im 19 now)
But still, "known" scammers. Lol, thats pathetic. People known to grief and fuck up should stay banned. =\

There's a guy named Yitan who is known shard-wide as one of the biggest scammers ever, yet he has yet to be banned. There has been plenty of evidence, even if there weren't though, when 95% of the playerbase has accused you of being a scammer, you obviously have done something wrong and need to go.
He tried to get me once, I was buying ice white "blessed" sandles and he puts ice blue up first, I say no, then he puts unblessed ice whites...yea. :rolleyes:

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Staff have said scamming is not illegal, unless its abuse of an actual bug, why should he be banned?

0mega

Wanderer

Isn't the mare thing pretty close to the abuse of a bug?

I talked to Banshee last night, and they said they were going to fix it ASAP, in case anyone wanted to know.

curtavius

Wanderer

Tapio said:
Not all people are as lucky as you to have made it so long without getting scammed. A new player with no grasp of the murkier points of UO play would have no idea about these scams. While I understand the current policy is that scamming is not bannable, Moderators should be trying to educate newer/less experienced players about the scamming as opposed to calling them stupid :(

I totaally agree with this. I havent got scammed not once on here. And my acct is only like 40 days old. As a forum Mod maybe you should cater to the needs of a newb instead of insulting them. On OSI i know you could page a gm at first and they would spend 20 minutes with you showing you a few basics. Generally all around good people..But on this shard i have come to find out that you have to find some veteran players as friends to get ahead in any sort of way. Anyway, the best thing to do is not buy a mare at all. Go find one and tame it yourself. Plus, 180k???Thtas too cheap in my opinion. I understand the rage, it must suxor to get scammed. But remeber its just a friggin' video game. You'll get over it in time. Above All else, find some trustworthy companions to help you do and find business. NEVER take up a deal with a random player at a bank. Thtas where those bastards prowl.

Scamming is a form of griefing, something we don't need. Sure, most of it plays off the person's ignorance but not everyone was born a genious. You need to nip the scamming problem in the bud instead of letting it run rampant. Think of it this way, when someone who likes to try out new shards hoping to find a new home server learns we promote scamming or let it go unpunished, you think they are gonna hang around long?

Gary HK

Sorceror

I feel this shard encourages player to scam sometime.
Scamming is a very effective way to make money, and everyone says that it is completely legal. Why don't I become a scammer too!?

Of coz I won't be a scammer, but I believe some ppl will be.

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

We try and clear the popular banks of these fiends with explo/eb reg zerg attacks on them/their mares/their horses they pretend are mares.
But honestly, UOG needs companions or something, on OSI the dickhead-nice player ratio was a lot better, here there are too many penis weeds pulling off the most retarded stuff and no one has any trust at all except complete newbs :'<
PS - Pepsi is biggest scammer tbh lol lol lol.

Darkkye

Wanderer

Testamentx said:
Scamming is a form of griefing, something we don't need. Sure, most of it plays off the person's ignorance but not everyone was born a genious. You need to nip the scamming problem in the bud instead of letting it run rampant. Think of it this way, when someone who likes to try out new shards hoping to find a new home server learns we promote scamming or let it go unpunished, you think they are gonna hang around long?

Not much else needs to be said.

BryanJ

Wanderer

I saw Poppinfresh asking to buy a "rubbish mare" today at Del bank. ^^

0mega

Wanderer

Maybe the GMs should change her name to Poppinfresh [known scammer]

curtavius

Wanderer

0mega said:

Dude, that would be flippin' sweet!!!! TBH, they should do that. I mean, they can do what ever they want to.

Gary HK

Sorceror

AvaAdore1 said:
poppinfresh got me too :( 150k for a 519str non pure isnt that bad i guess.

Don't feel so sad.
IMO, as a mare dealer, it is NOT are bad price for a str519 mare. :)

PraWN

Wanderer

AvaAdore1 said:
poppinfresh got me too :( 150k for a 519str non pure isnt that bad i guess.
I saw her doing this at West Britain Bank today as well... Although after reading this thread, I just stood next to her and spammed that she was a scammer and she buggered off ;p

I hate scammers, they are :gay:

:quagmire:

jpone

Sorceror

lord balbus or whatever is a massive dick too, he scammed me outta my mares too, but not because i am "stupid" but cuz i hadn't played uo for 3 months , and when i logged in i didn't even know that u could scam someone outta mares. What he did was he traded a cbd for my pure 524 str mare. I was happy. Then he comes to me on his other char (i didn't know it) and says selling my pure 525 str mare or tradin for cbd. I lored it and it was better than the one that he bought from me 3 minutes earlier. I say ok. he opens window, i look around to make sure there are no mares hidden, then check the name of the mare in the window and it matches, then i transef my cbd. Then that balbus hops on the mare and runs away. Then I say all follow me. in about 40 seconds a crappy mare named Ashley comes outta stable and follows me.

Darkkye

Wanderer

0mega said:

Lmao I gotta second that.
That should go to the suggestion forums ! =P