UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Is this type of scam legal?

0mega

Wanderer
Is this type of scam legal?

Bought a mare at Del bank from Lady Poppinfresh.

Mare had good stats with 522 str. She said selling mare implying the one right in front of her.

I say 180k. Deal. Transfers a mare by the same name (that's hidden) with lower stats then the implied mare being sold.

Hops on the mare that I wanted to buy and ran away. I saw all follow me, and a mare becomes unhidden, with not as good stats...

Re: Is this type of scam legal?

I sure hope it is, they should make it where you can lore the pet that's in the trade window.

Mustafa

Wanderer

Or they could make it so you can't trade invisible mounts... that would work.... i guess you woul dneed hte lore thing for this type of thing as well..

Mustafa

Wanderer

I would believe that atm, it would be an illegal scam because there is no way to defend against it except to not buy the thing in the first place.. and thats a little bias towards the scammer.

0mega

Wanderer

Well I hope a staff member replies here and says something because I am tired of bullshit scammers.

Addicted

Disciple

Poppinfresh is a known scammer.

Also this has come up a number of times.

You should cast reveal before doind a deal. Or tell the seller to meet you at a stable of your choice, so they don't have a chance to set up the scam.

0mega

Wanderer

Addicted said:
Poppinfresh is a known scammer.

Why aren't these people dealt with? There should be NO known scammers, because scammers should be BANNED.

Some will argue that scamming is part of UO and a lifesyle, I would not agree with this but there are many people that believe this statement.

You cannot make a trade when you are hidden or invis, so mounts that are invised should not be allowed to be traded as well, I think Krrios will fix this bug.

Voodoo Child

Wanderer

Revelations said:
Some will argue that scamming is part of UO and a lifesyle

yes, those people are called scammers... if you poll a bunch of crackheads about legalizing crack, what do you think they would say ? lol.

Mustafa

Wanderer

No, because they are crackheads, and crackheads don't know whats going on...

__Chase

Wanderer

even if they fix the invis thing. the person can have two mares, and one could be a bit off screen and not so much noticed.

djsaul

Wanderer

do like addicted said and youll be fine. ive caught people trying this trick several times on me by revealing. telling them to meet you at said bank with the mare is the best way though. anyone that says "no" is definitely not legit.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Scammers prey on the stuoid, an intelligent person will never get scammed, this is why scams like this AFAIK are totally 100% legal, and thats how it should be.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Tell me how someone with a brain will be scammed?

I've played UO for roughly 8 years and I've never once been scammed.

Although I have pulled of a few massive scams (back on OSI the items I got valued in at roughly 80+mill) so I'd still say, only stupid people fall for scams.