UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Iron Bowl 2010

TheRealPhil

Sorceror
Re: Iron Bowl 2010

NOTRE DAME is 1 team
3 sec teams in past 4 years have won
and yet ANOTHER SEC team will be heading there unless bama knocks them off and they lose to south Carolina. BUT if the lose to bama and beat USC then they still probably be there before Boise and TCU(what a joke). last 2 times BIG 10 has been to the National Championship they got there ass spanked and sent home crying to mommy

TheRealPhil;810413 said:
3 sec teams in past 4 years have won
As I said, they've had a good past four years. Then the mighty fall. Just look what happened to Florida, who was responsible for two of those victories. 7-4 and unranked? And let's not forget Tennessee as well; 5-6 and probably gonna stay home postseason. That leaves Bama, which is at least holding up okay.

TheRealPhil;810413 said:
and yet ANOTHER SEC team will be heading there unless bama knocks them off and they lose to south Carolina.
What? An SEC team getting their hopes dashed at the last moment? Say it ain't so! And of course, if Bama wins, (which is still a distinct possibility) you can kiss that SEC streak goodbye: Oregon vs. TCU doesn't leave any chance for continuing that streak.

SEC teams have had their ride mostly because the BCS crew have more or less rigged their schedules to ensure they only really have competition within themselves. So as long as there's enough stratification between the teams, one will rise up high enough to get themselves slotted in.

But now, if Auburn can't have a perfect season, that won't be good enough; the BCS folks knew that they had to justify their existence... You probably were oblivious to the cries of bloody murder when they hoisted up 13-1 Florida as "National Champions" for being able to beat a team that hadn't seen a football field in a month, while BSU was merely "#5" at 13-0. So that means by now, if there's two or less teams with a perfect season, then that guarantees them a slot in the national championship game. (and consequently means that pretty much nothing less will qualify)

I know TCU has zero chance of failing a perfect season: they're 11-0 and with one game left, against hapless New Mexico. There's a SLIGHT chance of an upset of BSU at Nevada. And a mild chance of an Arizona upset over Oregon. That leaves an upset of Auburn as by far the highest chance. Remember how Florida crumbled in the face of those silly elephants? I'd say odds could favor a repeat here.

TheRealPhil

Sorceror

Auburn has played how many ranked opponents this year? Boise has played how many ranked opponents this year? TCU has played how many ranked opponents this year? (do not include utah.they suck). If Auburn loses to Alabama they are still going to play South carolina in SEC championship.so they could still be going to nation championship to beat Oregon WHO almost lost to Washington 15-13? dont bring WAC conference high school shit to the SEC not one of those teams could withstand and SEC schedule.SO YES a one loss SEC team is still better than any UNDEFEATED team from ANY other conference!

Bama

Bug Huntress

As much as I hate to say it
I think Alabama wins
GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Nick will make Auburn throw the ball he won't let them beat Alabama with the run
Enjoy watching Cam and McElroy play their last regular season game
My house will be bursting with a herd of these AL-ephant lovers
No matter who has the ball you will see a lot of talent on the field
GO AUBURN

Phil I will get in touch with you Sunday
Muscles good to see you made it home safely

WAR DAMN EAGLE HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone have a Great Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

Bama

Bug Huntress

War...Eagle, fly down the field, Ever to conquer, never to yield.
War...Eagle fearless and true. Fight on, you orange and blue.
Go! Go! Go!
On to vic'try, strike up the band,
Give 'em hell, give 'em hell.
Stand up and yell, Hey! War...Eagle, win for Auburn,
Power of Dixie Land!

TheRealPhil

Sorceror

W/E Alabama choked 2nd half all there is to it
same story all year long go out strong
and never finish. they just didnt have the drive in the 2nd half like they did the first half

Stupid AL. Managed to botch the second half... Even when they had that much leeway going into it, and Auburn was flopping about the whole way. Now my hopes for an upset lie on cocks.

Bama

Bug Huntress

War...Eagle,
Fly down the field,
Ever to conquer,
Never to yield.
War...Eagle fearless and true.
Fight on, you orange and blue.
Go! Go! Go!
Stand up and yell,
Hey!
War...Eagle, win for Auburn,
Power of Dixie Land!

WAR DAMN EAGLE HEY!!!!!!!!

Gah, my hopes, dashed. Curse you Cocks for falling apart from the start. They didn't even have the decency to wait for the third quarter as is customary! How could such a blowout happen? Even 'Bama took Auburn down to the wire... And once again, a good, solid team like TCU gets gypped out of a shot at the national championship... Simply because they weren't in the right conference.

Go ducks, I guess.

carj-

Sorceror
Is Auburn going to be able to stop the explosive offense of Oregon in the championship game?

I doubt it and as wrong as it may sound, I am both an Alabama and an Auburn fan.

carj-

Sorceror
lmfao.

Born and raised in upstate NY. Was going to go play football in bama. Both schools recruited me. I loved them both!!!

Bama

Bug Huntress
People who have not had the chance to visit the AUBURN CAMPUS or the alabama campus will not understand you carj
I was born and raised just outside of Seattle and AUBURN recruited me.Came here in 95 and stayed
Though carj it is always AUBURN first alabama second no matter what those AL-E Phants say because for this year WE have bragging rights

War...Eagle,
Fly down the field,
Ever to conquer,
Never to yield.
War...Eagle fearless and true.
Fight on, you orange and blue.
Go! Go! Go!
Stand up and yell,
Hey!
War...Eagle, win for Auburn,
Power of Dixie Land!

WAR DAMN EAGLE HEY!!!!!!!!

The Real Phil may disagree

TheRealPhil

Sorceror
PFFFT wait till you win your FIRST national title before you start claiming bragging rights! i still say Alabama felt so bad for auburn they gave the second half to them for pity because auburn still has not one REAL nation title and hey we had to put our 13th on our$#%$#! because we ran out of fingers!