UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Info about the crashes

A

ASayre

Info about the crashes

Well, at this point with all that we've done, these crashes, these OOM ones, are apparently caused by one thing... Lack of Ram.

To put it bluntly, we need more RAM. Now, I can guess you can guess where this is going, and this IS a sales pitch but... RAM isn't cheap.

For another 2 gigs of ram, It'd cost between $300 and $500. Why don't we use the current donations to pay for it you ask? Well, average monthly fee according to ev1's website for this type of server is $330 every MONTH. Donations barely cover that as it is. We appreciate people who have donated very much so, but sometimes, we need a little extra help...

Even though Ryan is the one that needs to contact ev1 to get more ram, and donations from all the servers arfe combined and help pay for all the servers combined, let's show Ryan and the rest of the world that Demise can be self-sufficent and pay for it's own hardware!

Moral of the story? Donate! Please kays and thank you! You get nifty items and such, AND a better server to play on! Win-win!

Here's the link for those who may have.. forgotten! http://www.uodemise.com/store/

Aysare8?

Apart from just donating for the cause itself, would it be a cool idea if we held a donation contest?

You ask players to submit ideas for donation rewards and let people vote on the 20 most coolest and not-too-unbalancing entries. The 5 best voted would be added to the store.

Imho, it would not only make players more aware of donating to the shard, but also make them more involved with it. Heh, and it also gives players more donation choices straight from the playerbase.

RockEye

Knight
I knew it's RAM! :eek: Well the problem is, i'd like to donate a few $$ but our country doesn't have paypal!! :( Is there any other option to send you money, like adress?

X-calibur420

Wanderer
How about you have like yearly awards. For the person who donated the most. Like a few ps's of your choice, or a few arties :D
Once i get paypal i shall donate :)

A

ASayre

RockEye said:
I knew it's RAM! :eek: Well the problem is, i'd like to donate a few $$ but our country doesn't have paypal!! :( Is there any other option to send you money, like adress?

Yup, once I get a hold of Ryan for his address and he give the okay to post it, I will :) (There will be a delay before recieving anything as far as the donation rewards because it's not automated of course)

A

ASayre

Alderon said:
Aysare8?

Apart from just donating for the cause itself, would it be a cool idea if we held a donation contest?

You ask players to submit ideas for donation rewards and let people vote on the 20 most coolest and not-too-unbalancing entries. The 5 best voted would be added to the store.

Imho, it would not only make players more aware of donating to the shard, but also make them more involved with it. Heh, and it also gives players more donation choices straight from the playerbase.

It doesn't have to be a contest, anyone can suggest anything and if it's a good idea and when I have the time, I'll add it :>

A

ASayre

kajcake said:
item bless deed :)

Only after hell freezes over :)

As far as the otehr stuff, ther's arleady the stat and skill raiser.

ASayre8 said:
Only after hell freezes over :)

As far as the otehr stuff, ther's arleady the stat and skill raiser.

http://www.uodemise.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=4&category_id=1

I do believe that we have alot of "young" players here on demise.
$35 might seem alot, while $20 might sound alot better..For an advanced char this is :)

So what im saying it...give the ppl what they wanna pay for.

Regarding the bless item deed..charge $50 for it...if ppl want it badly let em pay up...and since demise needs cash...i can't see any problem in it.

Or atleast give a better argument for not adding it ?

Item bless deed, could give a boost to pvp...

Missha Wong

Wanderer
Sometimes people doesn't want a 7xGM character. Advanced Characters like OSI's might be a good idea, and they even have maxed out stats. Or maybe just a 3x85+2x70 skill ball, since we already have the stats ball.

kajcake said:
http://www.uodemise.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=4&category_id=1

I do believe that we have alot of "young" players here on demise.
$35 might seem alot, while $20 might sound alot better..For an advanced char this is :)

So what im saying it...give the ppl what they wanna pay for.

Regarding the bless item deed..charge $50 for it...if ppl want it badly let em pay up...and since demise needs cash...i can't see any problem in it.

Or atleast give a better argument for not adding it ?

Item bless deed, could give a boost to pvp...
You may not have noticed this, but this shard is not a democracy. We ask for player input when we think it's valuable. But just because somebody wants an item bless deed doesn't make it even close to happening. That's what item insurance is for. And sticking with the skills ball is just fine. If they don't want to use it all then they don't have to, that simple.

Missha Wong said:
Sometimes people doesn't want a 7xGM character. Advanced Characters like OSI's might be a good idea, and they even have maxed out stats. Or maybe just a 3x85+2x70 skill ball, since we already have the stats ball.
That may be a possibility, adding a partial skill ball.

avengerTNT

Wanderer
you can add the Hooded Shroud of Shadows lick donation reward alot off ppl want it you look lick gm but in black whis it realy nice

the best selling items are murder count remouval so you can kill ppl and stay blue alot of ppl will donate to remouve the murder count :cool:

Babar

Wanderer
avengerTNT said:
you can add the Hooded Shroud of Shadows lick donation reward alot off ppl want it you look lick gm but in black whis it realy nice

the best selling items are murder count remouval so you can kill ppl and stay blue alot of ppl will donate to remouve the murder count :cool:
That murder removing ticket would rock i have killed ppl for mistake an someone gave count in duel and its annoying to wait till u are blue :-(

avengerTNT said:

You won't be seeing anything like that here. If you kill somebody you pay the price.