UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Improving Factions needs more...

SwAn_SoNg

Sorceror
Hi everybody,

recently the faction rules were changed to allow only 1 factioner per account in order to improve the system and avoid malicious missuses, points and silver farming, etc.

Well, good job, well done, but is that enough??

I'd like to share some of my recent observations of the fractioning life in the shard.

Point 1 - Clone accounts voting.
In the last elections for leadership of CoM i've noticed more than 100 !! votes done with clone characters. Fortunately, the admins noticed that and corrected the results. But I am pretty sure it will happen again next time! And, the results were corrected only because we alarmed them. The same thing has happened in all other factions so at the moment two Korean guys hold True Britanis, Shadowlords, Minax, and they were so close to owning CoM as well.... well.. if the shard rules allow that.... in a shard that has been going on for ages.... don't be surprised if your players start leaving.

Point 2 - Faction guilds!
Very important point! Consider two faction guilds in the same faction - examples are Faid and KBR - Council of Mages guilds. Those guilds usually fight with each other (as if they were not there would be even less pvp in the shard which nobody really wants). I think that killing a faction character even from your own faction should not result in murder count.

Here is one more reason why. Example with the 2 korean guys. They will come with blue CoM character, start ruining our defence that we've built and then come on their real factioners from Minax nad Shadowlords (cause they control both), and try stealing the sigils. The only way to stop them is to kill blue CoM characters and get murder counts.

I find this inappropriate because they abuse game mechanics and this resultts in other players playing fair to suffer many negative consequences.

My suggestions to improve both situations are:

Issue 1: Permit voting for leadership only by factioners level 2 at least. In that way people cannot just create new accounts, macro them to 400 skill, as they do and vote...

Issue 2: Disable murder counts for factioner vs factioner, including members of the same faction. I know we can't stop cowards from using same-faction characters to spy and disable base defences, but at least we could allow factioners to kill them. Also, this would improve the situation with more guilds in one faction fighting for control within it.

Please comment and add your opinions too.

Thanks for reading!

Enjoy ^^

Well if KBR, would leave CoM, & go back to SL, or Minax, there would be more action. Instead they just try to disrupt everything in CoM either by fucking with base guardings, not that there has been much of that going on since noone plays. But they try to get CL every week by recruiting mass amounts of ppl are making tons of new accounts and getting like 100 votes to get CL. The only reason they have blessed weps horses ect is cuz of Faid, not like any of them contribute to guarding or anything.

Well if KBR, would leave CoM, & go back to SL, or Minax, there would be more action. Instead they just try to disrupt everything in CoM either by fucking with base guardings, not that there has been much of that going on since noone plays. But they try to get CL every week by recruiting mass amounts of ppl are making tons of new accounts and getting like 100 votes to get CL. The only reason they have blessed weps horses ect is cuz of Faid, not like any of them contribute to guarding or anything.

all you have to do to get a faction bless weapon is own the town...

crikey

Sorceror
LOL who are these two Koreans that are screwing with everyone? XD

I find their trolling very hilarious. They deserve a handshake and words of praise. Very funnY!

SwAn_SoNg

Sorceror
They are cool in a way indeed. The fights with them are always good. They're good players. And very clever and sneaky. The worst thing about them is that they've got ghosts everywhere to spy, and if you kill one of them immediately another one recalls in and starts fighting. They are like two guys army. Very efficient and seem to have a good plan of what they're doing. If Faid didn't have members to stay and guard 24/7 and fight them, all cities would have belonged to them... and maybe they will, sooner than we can imagine. I won't reveal who they are but if you've noticed the increased number of corpses in Britain bank you've already noticed their silent presence too. If you want to know more about them, make a Counsil of Mages faction character (the only faction they do not own atm) and see who kills you most no matter where you're hidden ^^

SwAn_SoNg

Sorceror
all you have to do to get a faction bless weapon is own the town...

Right, but... The question here is do they control the town because of their contributions to the faction? Did they steal any sigil? Ever? Did they guard them? Ever? Have they ever united with other factions attempting to steal them from CoM? Sadly, only the last rhetorical question has a positive answer. For me it is simple - if you want to fight the guild that runs CoM, get out of CoM and enjoy the orange colours on your screen.

SwAn_SoNg

Sorceror
Playing red is fun but this is not the point. There are many reasons you may want to keep a blue character especially for factions. If you don't understand why this can be important I am sorry for you - maybe even after 15 years you still haven't quite figured the game out. And switching from blue to red factioners can be annoying if it's just because of some cowards afraid to play with their real faction characters.

Playing red is fun but this is not the point. There are many reasons you may want to keep a blue character especially for factions. If you don't understand why this can be important I am sorry for you - maybe even after 15 years you still haven't quite figured the game out. And switching from blue to red factioners can be annoying if it's just because of some cowards afraid to play with their real faction characters.

The only reason to play a blue is to avoid confrontation. I guess it takes a special kind of person to have the sort of mentality that encourages fighting, regardless of the situation. Sorry that you don't fit the mold.

SwAn_SoNg

Sorceror
I guess it takes a special kind of person to have the sort of mentality that encourages fighting, regardless of the situation.

LOL. And I am glad "I don't fit the mold" dude. I see what you're doing here but it is outside of the scope of my topic. Honestly did you read my post and do you have something to say on the issues I've outlined? Something relevant? I'd be happy to hear your opinion about that. Aimless fighting for the sake of fighting itself is not a sign of very intellectual engagement with the game. Every 8 years old kid can do it and it soon enough becomes boring. Nevertheless, I think everybody has been through such stage playing UO, but honestly I don't need your recommendations to take me back there. Keep them for yourself, enjoy the game the way you feel like it, and if you've got anything on the topic, please, do share your thoughts.

Take care now.

crikey

Sorceror
I dunno....I like chaotic fighting, death, destruction, and griefing.

I guess I fit in Chads mold of "sadistic, bloodthirsty psychopath"

For example, I didn't even stop to think when I steamrolled the newbie in bonearmor, kite shield and viking sword that was hunting at britain GY last night, that he might get sad and quit.

Complete mindless destruction: HOowAHHH!

KILL! KILL! KILL!

SwAn_SoNg

Sorceror
Again, please start another thread about your personal issues.. mine is on a very specific topic and I'd really want to hear some more relevant opinions by people still interested in factioning. Cheers

White Lotus

Sorceror
JUST BE BIG BOYS AND KILL KBR LIKE WE DID UNTIL THEY LEAVE COM. WE JUST RELENTLESSLY KILLED THEM WHEN THEY WERE IN MINAX SO THEY RAGED AND WENT TO COM. ANYONE PLAYING A BLUE FACTIONER IS A FUCKING PUSSY ANYWAYS

LOL. And I am glad "I don't fit the mold" dude. I see what you're doing here but it is outside of the scope of my topic. Honestly did you read my post and do you have something to say on the issues I've outlined? Something relevant? I'd be happy to hear your opinion about that. Aimless fighting for the sake of fighting itself is not a sign of very intellectual engagement with the game. Every 8 years old kid can do it and it soon enough becomes boring. Nevertheless, I think everybody has been through such stage playing UO, but honestly I don't need your recommendations to take me back there. Keep them for yourself, enjoy the game the way you feel like it, and if you've got anything on the topic, please, do share your thoughts.

Take care now.

What is irrelevant? If you play a red, you can kill the people in your faction that choose to tamper with your defenses. Let's be real here, there is nothing intellectual about this game.

SwAn_SoNg

Sorceror
hard to argue with this....

It is actually easy. Let me try.. you are basically suggesting - "Why not have only red factioners - they can kill everyone! ".

Consider a typical base defence situation - one faction defends their base - with both blue and red characters. Another faction comes on same-faction blue characters and starts destroying the defence and fighting wit the reds. While the attackers can use their full numbers the defenders are limited only to using the reds. If the blues start fighting then they go red after a couple of fights.

I assume your solution is - fuck it, use only red factioners. Great, but.. Red factioners cannot buy reags, bottles, lumber, anything from faction vendors but horses and only by saying Vendor Buy. At least I am not aware how to do it. Please let me know if there is some trick. If there isn't - please explain what is the point of fighting for sigils, base guarding for 8 hours and caring about commanding lord and controlling the cities at all if you won't be able to benefit in any way by gaining an easy access to pvp resources.

Also, consider fights at Delucia or Britain. When running on a red factioner every random blue starts chasing you, some of those random blues are bolla tamers... quite often you become a burden for your team playing a red factioner as they get distracted attempting to heal you and help you survive vs random blues rather than fighting against the orange players.

And don't get the situation wrong. Red factioners are not the CURE to handle such situations - they are the PRODUCT of it. They are necessary only because the system is wrong. In fact, if killing same-faction characters did not increase your murder counts, red factioners would not be necessary at all - only a matter of preference of the player - THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

I just wish the game was balanced in a way that it doesn't force you to use 2 characters at the same time. I like playing with one client open, I find it more fair, difficult and thus entertaining. People who get used to abusing the game mechanics are the ones who get bored of it first and then say - it is a stupid game - it is not, we are making it stupid by surrounding the rules that make it balanced and challenging. I am sure the GMs can help here and there by fixing some minor flaws and adding some regulations but players would always find a way to abuse the game. So, hopefully this topic can also be good for making you think about it a bit.

Anyway, I understand that this won't be changed and that's why everybody assumes it is normal and essential for every factioner to have at least one blue and one red character to fight with in delicate situations - presence of blues and many enemies. Other than that reds are just fine and I agree - a lot more fun to play.

SwAn_SoNg

Sorceror
Not to mention that Red factioners cannot use the Hero/Evil special skills, some of which are extremely useful - think of hero bless, tracking enemies, holy shield... I don't know why you guys find it so hard to admit the truth - using same-faction characters is cheating. Voting with clone accounts is cheating. Can it be fixed? Yes! Well.. please!

crikey

Sorceror
Sure, it sucks that people pull that shit on ya..but it's been this way since I started at least. The staff aint gonna take care of this. You will have to either use PKS to kill the people ruiningi the defense setups, or you will have to sit there on a blue and watch helplessly as they do it :(

Or, you and your comrades can be pricks and fight fire with fire: Do the exact same thing to them when they have sigils. Fuck it, if they are going to do it to you, might as well return the favor

It is actually easy. Let me try.. you are basically suggesting - "Why not have only red factioners - they can kill everyone! ".

Consider a typical base defence situation - one faction defends their base - with both blue and red characters. Another faction comes on same-faction blue characters and starts destroying the defence and fighting wit the reds. While the attackers can use their full numbers the defenders are limited only to using the reds. If the blues start fighting then they go red after a couple of fights.

I assume your solution is - fuck it, use only red factioners. Great, but.. Red factioners cannot buy reags, bottles, lumber, anything from faction vendors but horses and only by saying Vendor Buy. At least I am not aware how to do it. Please let me know if there is some trick. If there isn't - please explain what is the point of fighting for sigils, base guarding for 8 hours and caring about commanding lord and controlling the cities at all if you won't be able to benefit in any way by gaining an easy access to pvp resources.

Also, consider fights at Delucia or Britain. When running on a red factioner every random blue starts chasing you, some of those random blues are bolla tamers... quite often you become a burden for your team playing a red factioner as they get distracted attempting to heal you and help you survive vs random blues rather than fighting against the orange players.

And don't get the situation wrong. Red factioners are not the CURE to handle such situations - they are the PRODUCT of it. They are necessary only because the system is wrong. In fact, if killing same-faction characters did not increase your murder counts, red factioners would not be necessary at all - only a matter of preference of the player - THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

I just wish the game was balanced in a way that it doesn't force you to use 2 characters at the same time. I like playing with one client open, I find it more fair, difficult and thus entertaining. People who get used to abusing the game mechanics are the ones who get bored of it first and then say - it is a stupid game - it is not, we are making it stupid by surrounding the rules that make it balanced and challenging. I am sure the GMs can help here and there by fixing some minor flaws and adding some regulations but players would always find a way to abuse the game. So, hopefully this topic can also be good for making you think about it a bit.

Anyway, I understand that this won't be changed and that's why everybody assumes it is normal and essential for every factioner to have at least one blue and one red character to fight with in delicate situations - presence of blues and many enemies. Other than that reds are just fine and I agree - a lot more fun to play.

Your not gonna win a argument with half these ppl, Most of them dont even faction anymore & just like to troll the forums. Atleast your out there pvping & contributing something.
The server is dead, will continue to be dead till someone takes the time to listen to what the players want & stop ignoring the fact that it just keeps getting worse day by day. The longer it continues the more ppl that leave & goto another server like uof & the other server that everyone is migrating too. Since holy, dont play their minax chars much anymore & have started playing uof, from what i have heard, there is noone left to fight. Kbr & Faid like the last 2 big guilds that are left, but both of them are in CoM & from what it looks Faid, is bout dead. Due to the fact there is no oranges & only kbr to fight which you get no points/silver from killing them & they mass recruiting everyone who is left. I think they have close to 80 members now.